September 22, 2014 | 1883 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Color Design - Trendy Mauve

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lba619

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

NW25, Lt. Brown, Blue/Hazel, Combo, No Breakouts. I received this from my daughter who did not like it. Imo, it is a neutral pink brown. Since I don't look good in brown lipsticks, I won't be purchasing. Quality is good, just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 8:34:00 AM More reviews by msgrape

I purchased this on a whim and am so glad I did! This is a lovely pinky/browny color that works with my coloring: blonde hair, ivory skin and gold eyes. I use this over the Lancome lipliner in Charme and it seems to stay on FOREVER. I have never gotten as many compliments on a lip color as I have with this combo. It is a great color for day or night. A++

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This doesn't do anything for my pigmented mauve-brown lips, yellow-olive toned skin. It defines them just a little, but I get better definition with lip liner or clear lipgloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by foxykitty25

this shade is very similar to estee lauders "rose tea" (if you put them side by side) which is a perfect combo of pink and brown. but on my lips, lancome's "trendy mauve" is more brown than pink. its a good color for that nude, barely there make-up or smoky eye. its moisturizing and applies smoothly on the lips. i can see myself using this whole tube but i dont think i will repurchase coz i like to try other shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by lucilleneil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this color, finish, and the packaging. I 've received more compliments wearing this color than any other. I'm very fair with dark hair and pale blue/ green eyes. I think it gently brings out my coloring and makes my teeth appear whiter.
I lasts quite well and is very comfortable to wear. It also has such a smooth application that I can put it on in snap and skip lipliner. It's my favorite

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Shavwi

got this as a GWP and I am very glad that I did. It is a great mauve color that is natural looking and very moisturizing and creamy. It also lasts a long time on my lips. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2007 5:41:00 PM More reviews by sfbubbly

Rivals Laura Mercier's Pink Champagne for my everyday work-appropriate YLBB lipstick. (Compared on a white napkin Pink Champagne is a touch warmer, but otherwise they are quite similar.) Goes on with a lovely soft matte finish and has no noticeable fragrance or taste. Doesn't dry the lips either. For reference I am fair Asian NC20.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this in a GWP, and the color is more of a neutral brown than mauve to me. I like how creamy it is and it actually shows up on me. I'm medium olive skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous MLBB shade in a pinky mauve with a hint of brown tone. I actually purchased this at Sephora about 1 1/2 months ago not really wanting it...i really wanted Chanel Silhouette in the Rouge Allure l/s, but Sephora doesn't sell Chanel anymore. Anyways, I love this formula of l/s. Trendy Mauve is a cream lipstick meaning that it gives fantastic coverage without being overly creamy, and imparts a super soft gloss in the end. I actually really like the lipstick tube design as well. Very sleek and sexy. Right now at Nordstrom, Lancome is in gwp and this l/s is included, so of course I had to get it (plus the gwp is amazingly great). And b/c of this fabulous l/s find for me, to get that gwp, i got another Color Design L/S in the color Backstage Beauty (reddish brown with a hint of berry). I love these. The cost is only $21, which is much lower than their other lipsticks.

My coloring is about a Mac NC 30, Clinique Warm Buff, Lorac 04, MUFE 04.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Gradle

I just received this in a GWP, and WOW!!! I've always hated Lancome lipsticks, but this one is fabulous. There is no scent at all, the texture feels creamy and soft, and the color is gorgeous. This is a neutral nude mauve shade, and I think it will be my new favorite lipstick.