November 28, 2014 | 1935 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Color Design - Trendy Mauve

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Got this in a GWP and I LOVE it! A pale nude pinky brown. Very creamy and not too shiny. Lancome makes the best nude and plum/wine shades and I'd add Trendy Mauve to that list of greatness. Will definitely be purchasing a tube of this when this one runs out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lba619

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

NW25, Lt. Brown, Blue/Hazel, Combo, No Breakouts. I received this from my daughter who did not like it. Imo, it is a neutral pink brown. Since I don't look good in brown lipsticks, I won't be purchasing. Quality is good, just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 8:34:00 AM More reviews by msgrape

I purchased this on a whim and am so glad I did! This is a lovely pinky/browny color that works with my coloring: blonde hair, ivory skin and gold eyes. I use this over the Lancome lipliner in Charme and it seems to stay on FOREVER. I have never gotten as many compliments on a lip color as I have with this combo. It is a great color for day or night. A++

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This doesn't do anything for my pigmented mauve-brown lips, yellow-olive toned skin. It defines them just a little, but I get better definition with lip liner or clear lipgloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by foxykitty25

this shade is very similar to estee lauders "rose tea" (if you put them side by side) which is a perfect combo of pink and brown. but on my lips, lancome's "trendy mauve" is more brown than pink. its a good color for that nude, barely there make-up or smoky eye. its moisturizing and applies smoothly on the lips. i can see myself using this whole tube but i dont think i will repurchase coz i like to try other shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by lucilleneil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this color, finish, and the packaging. I 've received more compliments wearing this color than any other. I'm very fair with dark hair and pale blue/ green eyes. I think it gently brings out my coloring and makes my teeth appear whiter.
I lasts quite well and is very comfortable to wear. It also has such a smooth application that I can put it on in snap and skip lipliner. It's my favorite

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Shavwi

got this as a GWP and I am very glad that I did. It is a great mauve color that is natural looking and very moisturizing and creamy. It also lasts a long time on my lips. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2007 5:41:00 PM More reviews by sfbubbly

Rivals Laura Mercier's Pink Champagne for my everyday work-appropriate YLBB lipstick. (Compared on a white napkin Pink Champagne is a touch warmer, but otherwise they are quite similar.) Goes on with a lovely soft matte finish and has no noticeable fragrance or taste. Doesn't dry the lips either. For reference I am fair Asian NC20.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this in a GWP, and the color is more of a neutral brown than mauve to me. I like how creamy it is and it actually shows up on me. I'm medium olive skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous MLBB shade in a pinky mauve with a hint of brown tone. I actually purchased this at Sephora about 1 1/2 months ago not really wanting it...i really wanted Chanel Silhouette in the Rouge Allure l/s, but Sephora doesn't sell Chanel anymore. Anyways, I love this formula of l/s. Trendy Mauve is a cream lipstick meaning that it gives fantastic coverage without being overly creamy, and imparts a super soft gloss in the end. I actually really like the lipstick tube design as well. Very sleek and sexy. Right now at Nordstrom, Lancome is in gwp and this l/s is included, so of course I had to get it (plus the gwp is amazingly great). And b/c of this fabulous l/s find for me, to get that gwp, i got another Color Design L/S in the color Backstage Beauty (reddish brown with a hint of berry). I love these. The cost is only $21, which is much lower than their other lipsticks.

My coloring is about a Mac NC 30, Clinique Warm Buff, Lorac 04, MUFE 04.