December 18, 2014 | 1595 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - New Flat Top Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by khiaraleigh

I bought this brush mid 2011 and I thought it was great for applying powder foundation however after owning it for around only 7 months the entire head of bristles came out of the handle one day while I was using it! I used it often but I have other similar brushes of various brands that I have had for years and this never happened. For the short time this brush lasted it was amazing, but sadly I feel it hadn't been made to last.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by beautycravex3

I just received this brush in the mail today and I love it! As soon as I touched it, I was amazed at how soft it was. I have the bare minerals brushes (which I thought would be better, since they are more expensive) and they are SO rough compared to this cute, fluffy amazing brush<3

As for application, I like the coverage with the mineral foundation. It buffs it in real well and gives me a fuller coverage than with my full flawless face brush from Bare Minerals.

If I somehow lost this brush or it gets damaged, I will repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by mujo66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first I did not have any use for this brush, until I found out that the best way to use this brush is as a buffing brush. I use the longhandled kabuki for foundation (sheer), then all over soft touch (to bring back the color) and then I use the flat top brush to buff it all in. Previously the buffing was not part of my beauty routine, but it makes my complexion so much natural and nice. I like this brush very much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in a swap and I find it amazing for applying everything from mineral foundation to liquid foundation to finishing powder!

What i have used it with: Colorstay foundation and terrafirma minerals foundation. I love it!
Update 12/10/2012: still use this as my main foundation brush every day
EDIT 1/8/2013: Still use this daily and I love it
Edit: 3/14/2013: I still love this and use it daily

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by nopes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had the flat top brush for about a year and a half. I have used it consistently since I purchased it, and have not cleaned it as often as often as o should (although I do clean it properly -right products/right technique- when I do). When I first began using it, I noticed that it shed hairs. It did this for a short period of time and then shedding ceased. It sheds very rarely (far less than the rounded kabuki from the same company).

I find the brush very soft, a nice size, and very durable. It is good value for the price, in my opinion. I do use it in conjunction with everyday minerals foundations and a mixture of glycerine and water (homemade fixative, essentially). I have used the brush with other mineral brands and had very poor results. I am not sure if this is due to the product, or the product and brush combo. I have not yet used the brush with the reformulated em foundations, although I don't expect any issues.

If I were to pick a negative about the brush, it would be that you can easily apply product too heavily so technique takes some practice. I found the brush to be less useable with heavy coverage products, but works well with more buildable formulas. I would say that it is much easier to apply too much product with this brush than with a domed kabuki or rounded powder brush. If you tend to be heavy handed with product, I would suggest trying the mini flat top before investing in the fullsized flat top.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

the itchy and scratchy show! it sheds like chia pets. I probably was spoiled from using natural french bristle makeup brushes so this feels very scratchy to me. Mineral makeup application isn't as smooth . i was hoping to save some money by using this cheaper brand. It may be good compared to the lower end brands but it just didn't work out for me. I find this has the same quality as the lower end ELF brand for only a few dollars a brush. Yes, ELF brushes shed like a cat, but at least they are only a fraction of the price of these brushes.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by goopycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe I got a faulty brush, but mine was terrible. It started shedding brush hair in less than a month, and in two months the brush part came unglued to the holder part. What a terrible brush. Also buffing mineral foundation with this really was not easy either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by definebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this brush off the everyday minerals site on the 9th and it arrived on the 12th and it just totally made my day. The first thing i did with it when i opened the package was put it on my face. This is how i test it's quality and softness. Oh. My. Fishpaste. This brush is the softest flat top kabuki brush i have ever had the pleasure to run across my face. Some times i just move it across my entire face just because it's that soft and uplifting. It's like silk infused crushed velvet. As for application., equally fabulous. I love the way it applies mineral foundation. It just makes my look so, life filled. Like, happy! I will definitely be repurchasing from them again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by sophiamolina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this a 2 years ago along with my Everyday Minerals Olive Medium base and Luminizing Sunlight Powder. This still gets 4 lippies because it's still a well-functioning brush for other purposes, but not for mineral powders. If you want a good coverage, I believe that synthetic bristles are NEVER for mineral based foundation because it always just swirls the product around the face.I prefer natural bristles. Although, this brush works well with liquid-based foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by empressxia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this brush for applying mineral foundation everyday. I'm so happy with it that I stopped looking for "better" brushes.

Before using this brush, I tried a lot of expensive buffer brushes from MAC and Smashbox. In the end, I believe synthetic hair is much better than real hair and much easier to clean. Real hair brushes get stiff very easily. I had to wash them once a week to keep the brush soft. With EM brushes, I wash them less often because the hair is ALWAYS soft.