Make Up For Ever Lipstick (All shades)

on 12/31/2009 9:16:00 PM

I do like this lipstick. The texture is a little thinner (don't know how else to describe it) than I'm used to, and I would have expected it to dry my lips out because at first use it does not seem moisturizing. But I have found it to be perfectly comfortable, and it is incredibly long-lasting. My only real complaint is that I bought a tube sight unseen from the Sephora website, never a good idea, and ended with a color that doesn't really work for me. It's my own fault for not just taking the time to go to store and figure out the right color. I have been trying to find a replacement for my beloved Cargo Nevis, ideally something that would last longer than Clinique's Black Honey. I saw MUFE's #423 Brownish Raspberry, which is described as "transparent-muted berry" on the Sephora website. It sounded perfect, so I bought it, and it turned out to be a sort of medium pinkish coral color, both in the tube and on my lips. I just can't figure out by what stretch of the imagination anyone could describe a coral lipstick as "brownish raspberry"....

on 10/4/2009 10:32:00 PM

OK. Here's my rant about this product: Great colors, great product, lousy Sephora packing. I've ordered several MUFE lipsticks from Sephora and they've all arrived damaged. They look as though they were purposely "damaged", as I understand most retail stores do with floor samples. Makes me think they were recycling floor samples. A few were only lightly nicked so I kept them but I think I've learned my lesson. No more MUFE lipsticks from Sephora on-line ordering. P.S. Later, same experience with an Illamasqua lipstick. Sigh.

on 10/4/2009 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have #223, which is a matte black lipstick, I used it coz I was lookin 4 a black lipstick I dont remember y, anyways its sooo dry it makes my lip chipp, yeah it has a gr8 lastin power but still the quality suxm besides the lipstick broke eventhough i didnt use it that much :S

on 8/11/2009 2:25:00 PM

I love MUFE. Really, I do. But they screwed up royally with the inexquisite packaging on these lippies. I own two of these: '501' the matte nude, and '303' a pearly deep pink and BOTH have broken in its tube! From just chilling in my purse! None of my other lippies have done this, not Mac, not Revlon. If I'm paying 18$ for a lipstick I want the packaging to last. It's not like I was doing anything extreme with them, just putting them in my purse for touchups. The product (on both occasions) twisted, smushed, and snapped off while they were still new.
It's too bad because these lipsticks are GREAT and they have amazing and unique colors...but I won't buy them again. (Unless they change the packaging) Sorry MUFE!!

on 5/30/2009 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have 402 and the 410. Both are very pigmented and long lasting although it can be slightly drying, but definately less drying than MAC lippys. Oh but one thing I realized is that with the 402 your lips have to be in good condition without dry flaking skin otherwise it looks terrible. The same goes for the 410 but not to the extent of when you are applying the 402.

on 5/21/2009 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a good quality lipstick. It's creamy, moisturzing and pigmented. I have the 410 which looks great on me (NC40). The issue I have with this lipstick is the smell. I'm very sensitive to smells so if it's not a pleasant smell to me, I definitely won't repurchase.

on 4/27/2009 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i love love this lipstick , i have it in mat 504 and mat 503 , these are great colours for me love them kinda nude colours , it makes my lips stand out , still look natural ..can't say enough ...it's kinda pricey for me but will def buy again

on 4/20/2009 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I don't know exactly how it is that I've used practically every line on the market except for MUFE but having just purchased my first item(lipstick in #403), I will certainly be looking more closely at the products MUFE offers.

If you are searching for a long-lasting, feels fabulous on the lips lipstick, I think you will find it with any of the MUFE ones.

I wanted the PERFECT shade of apricot/tangerine/peach with undertones of orange and while that seems like a tall order, I finally found it with this shade. It's a sensational spring and summer shade for me, and the texture is terrific. Love the packaging because it's tube is predominantly clear so you can find it quickly amongst other lipsticks in purse, train case, etc., and I'm only sorry it took me so long to finally take a second look at this line.

on 3/12/2009 1:45:00 AM

I have 402 and 408. 402 is a light fluorescent apricot shade while 408 is a light true baby pink, perfect for doll-like pink lips. The texture is glossy. However, I do have to make sure that my lips are smooth on the days when I use them as the formula tends to highlight dryness. However, MUFE has very unusual colors that are hard to find elsewhere. I don't think any line out there right now has a dupe for 402 or 408, which is why I put up with the formula. Because both shades are so light, they look better without a lip base underneath. Otherwise, they can look very mod, which is good if that's the look you're going for.

on 1/2/2009 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I love their lipsticks! I have 3 and my fave is the 202. I cant find it on sephora online anymore but I bought it there like 2 months ago.
The colors are sooooo pigmented! Of course, coming from a theatrical brand of makeup we should expect this but I was still so in awe.
It smells very lipstick-y (you'll understand what I mean once you've smelled it, haha)

great product!