MAC 227 Large Fluff Brush

4.8

brush hair very good

on 7/8/2013 12:25:00 AM

with no offence intended I think the whole mac brushes "raves" are more of a status thing I paint all of my brushes so they all match. I dont judge my brushes by what brand they are. Is it a good brush? Yeah but I have other brushes from shoppers that work just as good. Its just a middle of the road product for me

It is a very good quality brush with dense bristles. I like it best to apply powder eye shadows all over my lids. It saves a lot of time. It is also good to apply highlighting color onto your brow bone.

on 2/26/2013 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this for buffing out eyeshadows if they got a little too harsh or dark, and for highlighting :)

on 12/29/2012 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Not sure what more I can add to to describe this wonderful brush. I have small lids and from the reviews I thought it would be to much brush for me. This brush is my HG. When I say it covers it covers. It's soft and applies beautifully giving my eyelid area nice complete coverage of color. You don't need a heavy hand to apply nor multiple attempts to get the coverage you need. It does it in one full swoop. When I don't have time for elaborate eye makeup I just slap on one nice color with this brush and I'm good to go. It also works as a great face or under brow highlighter brush as well. It cleans much easier than my goat haired MAC brushes. No splaying or bristles falling out after multiple use. You need this brush in your life. It's worth every penny.

on 12/28/2012 9:50:00 PM

I use this brush everyday for my highlighter shadow. It covers a large area of lid very quickly and provides nice coverage. It really is very big; I would suggest seeing it in person before you order it of watching a video review online. This is definitely meant for covering larger areas. I wouldn't say it is a must-have brush, but if your budget allows (because it's quite expensive!) I might splurge if you think you would get a lot of use from it!

on 12/18/2012 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I absolutely love this brush!!!!!!

on 12/3/2012 9:09:00 AM

Love this brush so much that I purchased a second, one for eyes and the other for applying highlighter to my face. This brush is dense, but soft and perfect for powder products. Great investment and a must have in my daily face routine.

on 11/24/2012 7:42:00 PM

I use the 227 to apply highlighter to my brows and the "c" zone where we highlight just above the cheeks and around the eyes.

I use this combined with the LORAC's "Perfectly Lit" highlighter. love!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this brush for about $60. I actually wanted to get a concealer. The makeup artist used the MAC 227 to apply concealer on my blemishes and to cover my under eye dark circles. I liked how the MAC 227 felt on my face but more importantly, I liked the fact that it applied concealer on my face well. Applying concealer on blemishes using the MAC 227 is like applying concealer using fingertips, only more gentle, hygienic and flawless. Like the other reviews state, the MAC 227 is wonderful for blending, applying eyeshadow and contouring. The brush, although very expensive, has several functions. The bristles are densely packed and do not shed. Overall, I will say that this was worth the money.

Honestly just an amazing all around brush. Bristle strength and density is perfect for application on sensitive skin. It never leaves me irritated and I can actually use it for just about any makeup application. love my 227 Large Fluff Brush

Popular Makeup Brushes