April 20, 2014 | 1303 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I tried to avoid this product because it is so expensive. I finally caved in after disappointment with the caked look of drugstore brands. This powder is the best that I have used thus far. It has light coverage, but it suits my skin very well. It lasts for an entire day. I use it to set my liquid foundation or over my BB cream for a matte finish.

The skin looks matte, but it doesn't dry me out. Also, you can't tell that I am wearing make up. I barely feel it on my face. And it is non-irritating.

Overall, I am very pleased with this product. It has lasted me a year so far, and I am no where close to hitting pan. I little goes a long way. I might not repurchase because I heard great things about similar drugstore pressed powders. I might buy L'Oreal true match or Rimmel Stay Matte for $6-8 dollars instead. I tested them out, and they look very similar.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by BabetMichl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like this. It is a powder that you can use on its own or on the top of the liquid foundaion. I usually use this on its own - it has a light (maybe light to medium) buildable coverage and it looks completely natural on the skin and it doesn't look like you wear a powder on the skin. It has a little bit of shimmer in it, but don't worry, it isn't visible. It is super easy and quick to apply, you can use a little bit of concealer and than sweep this on the top and you don't need any setting powder. It is also good for my combo-oily skin, it keeps me matte pretty nicely. I wear the shade light, which i think will be good for people with NC15-NC20 or NW 15-NW20 skintones. But I (NC 15-20) also tried the Light plus (which is little bit darker) and it was good. Overall I really like it, but it could have better coverage. (I'm sorry for mistakes, I learn English for only year now:)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by nicolekm

I reach for this powder all the time. Great setting powder, and Light is a perfect match for me. This works so nicely as a setting powder over MAC Studio Fix Fluid (I'm NW10, for reference). I've also used it as a setting powder with a couple of other foundations (Dior, Chanel, etc.), and it's worked great with those as well. I've bought this many times over the last couple of years, and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by LiliRoseVoice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love these powders: I have a Light which is the correct shade for my coloring, but I also bought Medium-Dark as a bronzer for the summer. The combination of the two is wonderful,: the Light gives a beautiful natural semi-matte finish to my skin that lasts all day, while the Medium-Dark is the perfect light bronze shade for me, with natural undertones.
I really recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by SwampThing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my go to items. I use this every single day! I can use it over foundation or with none if im feeling lazy haha. It never looks cakey and always freshens me up during the day. Will repurchase for as long as it is sold!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by purplegobstopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I tried to steer clear of this powder for ages because even though it promises great things, I found it to be a bit too pricey for my likes. However, after trying countless drugstore powders (to no avail) I decided on trying out this product. I was an instant fan. I rarely use foundation, normally only concealer and most of the time also bb cream, and this powder gives that extra little coverage that I need. It's not a heavy coverage powder though, and throughout the day I need to lightly reapply it to my nose and forehead. This powder has no cakey finish on me whatsoever and I'm certain it will last me for quite some time as well :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by vagabondking

if you're looking for a 'power' powder (as i call heavy-duty, the whole-shebang, type of powders), that will last you 24 hours and keep you flawless throughout the day without any need for a touch up ~ realistically speaking, this powder probably isn't for you. this isn't one of those heavy duty powders that will keep shine at bay or keep you looking fresh for hours on end (you may be better off with something like MAC Blot), especially if you have oily skin. if you have normal to dry (though probably not too dry) skin, then this might work out like a 'power' powder.

i have combination skin, so this doesn't quite work as well on my t-zone (especially my nose ~ i have no idea what's wrong with my nose, but as gross as it sounds, i'm sure it produces enough oil to end the oil crisis), but it's great on my cheek area (and not bad on my forehead). i normally don't put powder on my cheeks (or, well, didn't used to put powder on my cheeks ~ i originally reserved the MSFN for special occasions) because i don't really need to and i don't like a matte look on that area, but because i got new glasses that have a larger frame and hit my cheeks every time i smile, i started needing to powder my cheeks just so my bb cream wouldn't crease in that area whenever i smiled.

if you're looking for a completely matte finish type of powder, then this isn't quite it. this powder isn't shimmery or pearlescent, but it gives your skin a soft matte, but luminous look ~ not quite a sheen or dewy look, but a satin kind of finish or a soft-focus finish as some other reviews say. hence why i love it on my cheeks, because i don't like a completely matte/flat look on my cheeks. it's not powdery looking, and it sets my bb creams (i use Asian ones, not Western ones, for reference) nicely. on my cheeks, it lasts well and doesn't budge, making it really good for preventing my bb cream from creasing under my glasses or transferring onto my glasses.

if you have normal-dry skin or don't like looking too powdery, i think you can give this powder a whirl. however, if you've got oily skin or need a heavy duty sort of powder, this probably isn't going to be for you. also, this powder is pricey, so i advise doing your research, asking around, and really just consider it before buying it. i'm sure there are alternatives out there, but i go through powders relatively slowly (and i got a very generous gift card from one of my cousins), so this was a nice investment for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

One of the modern cult classic MAC products, Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is a satin-glow pressed powder, so I decided I needed it in my arsenal. Light is probably about N10-12; I'm too pale for it to look entirely natural on my skin and I wasn't totally in love, so I quickly purged it.

MSFN is a soft-pressed powder (with a lot of dusty kickback when a brush hits it.) It has a sheen rather than a shimmer or frost. So the lightest application looks unpowdered. It also buffs in well (but that action also polishes the minerals, making it shinier.) The bad news is that it does cake up, which can look quite off. I wouldn't wear it as foundation for that reason even if it did match my pasty pallor. I get the appeal, but there are better finishing powders for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by katruiz

I really like this as a powder foundation. It doesn't look to cakey or powdery. I like the subtle shimmer it also gives off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like using this as a finishing powder applied with a kabuki brush. I like setting my foundation by pressing powder products into the skin, and for this purpose, I do not like MSFN. After setting my face with another light powder, this gives me more coverage and more of an air brushed look if I buff it lightly over top. My skin is very very fair, and the Light shade is a perfect match. I was worried this would be too dark/orangey as most other MAC "light" shades can be, but it's nice and pale just like their Blot powder. I have to use a light hand with this, though. I notice it can get a bit cakey if I use too much since I'm using it over another powder.