October 24, 2014 | 1408 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this powder off and on since about 2009 and felt it was finally time to write a review. I have used many different powder foundations and this one tops them all. I realize this is not marketed as a base product, but that's how I use it. Light is a perfect match for me and it covers up my redness quite well, makes my skin look more lively, and doesn't look powdery or cakey. My skin is also extremely reactive and this has never given me a problem. I really love the finish of it as well - very smooth and slightly luminous. It does not control oil very well, but I don't really expect any makeup to make much of a difference in that regard. For application I use a large powder brush, swirl in the powder once or twice, and just go over each section of my face. It is a bit expensive, but lasts a decent amount of time and, to me, is totally worth it. I will keep buying as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by dawny1980

i absolutely love this powder! i use it over smashbox 15 hr foundation in 1.1 and it is my perfect combination. i love mac powders but am not so in love with their foundations as i have never managed to find a perfect match as i'm really pale. i apply this with a bakuki brush and need very little to set my make up. it has very little colour in it so looks completely natural. it is on the expensive side but is well worth buying as it makes my combination skin stay matte in the oily t zone but does not dry out my (very) dry chin. i am also prone to the odd break out but have never had an issue with this powder. i have used mac blot powder in the past and would recommend both although this gives a more natural glow and not such a matte effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder several months ago after having zero luck with drugstore powders. I love it! It matches my skin perfectly, and gives me a nice, full coverage (combined with foundation) natural , matte finish. It is easily blended and doesn't look powdery. Depending on my day, I might have to reapply once in the middle of the day to mattify my nose. I do wish that the compact included a mirror, but the clear top is also very nice looking. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This is a lovely powder, I've lost count of how many times I've repurchased this. I love to use it over matte foundations because it sets it very naturally without looking cakey. It does have more coverage than a traditional pressed powder, so it evens out the skin very nicely. I don't find it's the best for oil-control however, so I don't use this to set dewy or satin foundations. But I love the overall flawless look it gives as a finishing powder. On very low key days, I will just put some concealer and use this lightly dusted all over. I've also heard of people spritzing their brushes with Fix + and applying it wet for more coverage, but I have not personally tried it. It's a great versatile powder! I use 'Light' or 'Light Plus', and I am a MAC NC15 in Studio Fix Fluid. I find that the 'Light' is good to set foundations because it doesn't add too much color, but by itself I find the color is a bit too pale to add any warmth or even-ing out of the skin, so I will often use 'Light Plus' when I am using it alone without any foundation underneath. 'Light' is a very pale beige color, without any prominent pink or yellow undertones. 'Light Plus' is a fair-light golden-toned shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by JessicaLauren24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was recommended this powder by a makeup artist at MAC to set my Matchmaster (shade 1.0). Having never used powder before I was hesitant to try this, worried that it would exacerbate my dry skin.

True to it's name, this powder really does create a natural finish. It doesn't make my skin look too matte or dull. This powder helps my Matchmaster foundation to last all day, from 7am to 9pm. I also like that this powder is finely milled enough to be used under my eyes, so it can be used to set my under eye concealer, without making it look cakey or cause creasing. This is now a product that I use in my everyday routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by samm23

I returned this product within 72 hours of purchasing. This did not suit my skin at all, it felt dry and chalky ugh .

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Beautylook

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the product I reach for when I can't really be bothered to do my makeup. It takes away shine and gives enough coverage to even out my skin tone without making it obvious that I'm wearing makeup. It has more of a dewy finish than other pressed powders that I've tried, which I really like. A really great product, especially if you're after a one-step makeup routine for those lazy/busy days :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I tried to avoid this product because it is so expensive. I finally caved in after disappointment with the caked look of drugstore brands. This powder is the best that I have used thus far. It has light coverage, but it suits my skin very well. It lasts for an entire day. I use it to set my liquid foundation or over my BB cream for a matte finish.

The skin looks matte, but it doesn't dry me out. Also, you can't tell that I am wearing make up. I barely feel it on my face. And it is non-irritating.

Overall, I am very pleased with this product. It has lasted me a year so far, and I am no where close to hitting pan. I little goes a long way. I might not repurchase because I heard great things about similar drugstore pressed powders. I might buy L'Oreal true match or Rimmel Stay Matte for $6-8 dollars instead. I tested them out, and they look very similar.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by BabetMichl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like this. It is a powder that you can use on its own or on the top of the liquid foundaion. I usually use this on its own - it has a light (maybe light to medium) buildable coverage and it looks completely natural on the skin and it doesn't look like you wear a powder on the skin. It has a little bit of shimmer in it, but don't worry, it isn't visible. It is super easy and quick to apply, you can use a little bit of concealer and than sweep this on the top and you don't need any setting powder. It is also good for my combo-oily skin, it keeps me matte pretty nicely. I wear the shade light, which i think will be good for people with NC15-NC20 or NW 15-NW20 skintones. But I (NC 15-20) also tried the Light plus (which is little bit darker) and it was good. Overall I really like it, but it could have better coverage. (I'm sorry for mistakes, I learn English for only year now:)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by nicolekm

I reach for this powder all the time. Great setting powder, and Light is a perfect match for me. This works so nicely as a setting powder over MAC Studio Fix Fluid (I'm NW10, for reference). I've also used it as a setting powder with a couple of other foundations (Dior, Chanel, etc.), and it's worked great with those as well. I've bought this many times over the last couple of years, and will continue to do so.