April 21, 2014 | 703 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by samwilson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had hiiiiigh hopes for this product. For how pricy this project is, I was expecting greatness and I nearly got it. The color was a little too light for me but the coverage was great. Can't remember the color it was. But my issue with this product is that this product only lasted me three weeks!!! For how much I paid I couldn't believe I hit pan after three dang weeks. I was using this as an everyday foundation. Never again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Beeebee

This powder is amazing and if you use the HD powder over it, you will be matte alllll day !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by mwuah908

Great powder! There is a limited color selection however I was able to find one fairly easily. I think it's pretty pricey for a setting powder. It doesn't really keep me matte but it does its job for a few hours (please keep in mind that my face is quite oily). I only gave three lippies for the packaging because it's fragile. I've purchased this twice and they've both broken when I dropped them on the floor :( Cracked into a million pieces. I do love the sleekness of the packaging and the convenient mirror and sponge. I just wish it wouldn't break so easily when dropped. Wonderful powder so please try it out!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by minosan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for 2 years now. On and off, not everyday. Been very lazy lately to try out new foundations so I just stuck with this one and whatever other brands I had left before I wanted to purchase a new one.

APPLICATION:
Packaged Sponge that comes with the product:
- An okay way for application. Hard to blend the product evenly and get good coverage with it without looking cakey. Gets dirty.
A flat-top foundation brush:
- Great way for application. Buffs into the skin and evens it out nicely.

PROS:
- With a primer + setting powder, it stays matte for a pretty long time compared to other foundations I've tried.
- Without a primer + setting powder, I get oily after a few hours.
- No white cast, natural in lighting.
- Good coverage.
- Looks great in pictures.

CONS:
- Enhances dry spots if you have any. It's winter here currently and it really enhances those dry areas.
- I have to apply a lot of layers to get a good coverage especially on acne scars.
- BREAKS ME OUT :(
- Kind of noticeable in person unless you've applied very little.

For the past year, I've only been using this on my T-zone. Not my entire face.
It was pretty good but I'm going to say goodbye forever to this product.
I'd rather not have make-up that breaks me out. Skincare > Makeup
It's a good product OVERALL but unfortunately, it irritates my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by SweetNSpicy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is AMAZING!! I have dry skin but with a very oily t-zone, and I have never been able to wear foundation without it poking flakey or cakey. I apply this foundation with a powder brush (sephora #46) and my skin looks FLAWLESS!!
I am so picky about how my skin looks so being impressed with this product is a big deal for me. When I apply this, my skin looks airbrushed, and it doesn't look like I am wearing foundation.. It just looks like I have naturally smooth skin.

This is so amazing! The pan that it comes in looks small for the price, however, you use so little product (with a brush), that it lasts forever. I have been using mine for a month+ and it looks like I haven't used it at all. A very good deal for the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by jbloverrr1

Ok well i recently repurchased this powder and it notice its nothing special anymore, I been using it for about 2 years at first it was my holy grail now its not that special to me it does have very nice coverage its a little to much coverage over any foundation, even though it looks so flawless the first few minutes after an hour it gets oily and cakey even though you apply a little its looks oily and just doesn't control oily. Alone as a powder foundation its not that great either you can just tell your wearing makeup and feels heavy I'm 100% sure their are better powder foundations out their.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by divinegypsy

I have really sensitive skin and I read reviews before buying this. This ruined my skin...I got a bunch of cystic break outs. It has okay coverage but mid day I was so oily. I switched from tarte to this and it was a terrible mistake. I'm sure maybe for someone with normal skin it'd be a great product but I will never buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by nanthony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this product to be pretty great. It has great coverage for a powder and did help my face stay matte throughout the day. I wasn't having to touch up as often and was very pleased. However, with being a mattifying product, it did tend to get cakey looking throughout the day and if you have any dry patches, it will cling to it! Overall this product worked well, and I would repurchase in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 More reviews by lht0663

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

All of the wonderful reviews of this product are what convinced me to buy it, and for me, it just did not work out! I have very sensitive, pale skin with redness, and first of all, I thought that the color was too yellow. Second, it made my face somewhat tight and itchy. Third, I didn't really think that the coverage was so great. I really wanted to like it, but just couldn't. Admittedly, I normally like and wear liquid foundation, but I'm open to trying new things (in makeup, at least!) But this was just not the HG for me. Back to the drawing board! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by xxjinxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried many different powder foundations and full coverage setting powders, but I always come back to this one. It has excellent coverage!! I have very oil, acne-prone skin...and this powder makes my skin look (almost) flawless. I'm about NC30, and a combination of 203 (centre of my face) and 205 (forehead, jawline) matches me perfectly. I apply this powder with a flat-top brush or normal powder brush and not the sponge it comes with. With a concealer brush, I can even use this powder to spot conceal.

Overall, it's a great powder at a very reasonable price and it doesn't break me out!

The only complaint I have about this product is that, for me, it doesn't help control oil. Mind you, I have extremely oily skin so it's impossible to find something that will keep me completely matte all day. However, when I use this product, I find that I get oily almost instantly. I have to blot every 1 to 2 hours. Because that's the only negative I have about this product, I'll continue to re-purchase -- that's what blotting papers are for right?