October 21, 2014 | 887 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a good acne treatment, especially for the especially oily. It was too drying for me but I think if you wanted a good natural acne cleanser, this might be worth getting a sample of. A little water on the bar makes an almost calamine lotion consistency that doubles as a cleanser and spot treatment. Unfortunately for me it was too drying, even when I started using it just on problem areas. After trying this for over two months I noticed an increase in dry, flakey skin around breakouts, which wasn't worth it to me. When I stopped using it, it dried out very quickly, so I feel that buying large chunks of this soap is a no-no, but maybe I got an old batch.

Like all Lush bar products, I love the minimal waste packaging and the fact that you can get a sample of this, as well as specifying in store how much you want of this bar. If you are lucky enough to live near a Lush, you can buy this soap in smaller quantities and always gaurantee a fresh bar.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. I was actually using Herbalism for awhile and liked it at first but found after awhile it wasn't doing much so i switched over to Fresh Farmacy.
Pros:
Smell
Makes your skin feel squeaky clean - literally
Easy to use
Has cleared up red blemishes on my skin

Cons:
You WILL need a moisturizer after this product. It definitely does leave your skin a bit tight.
The packaging irritates me.

When the woman told me to try a moisturizer after this product i literally laughed at her. I have oily, acne prone skin so i have NEVER used a moisturizer before. That just seemed silly to me, but I've come to learn that moisturizer can actually help oily skin balance itself out! Even if that wasn't the case, this cleanser leaves your skin tight and you will need it regardless. I used Lush's Vanishing Cream and love it! It literally vanishes into your skin, no shiny lotion feel, it goes on matte and very light.
My only other complaint is the packaging. They just wrap it in the deli-like paper and that's it. I wish it came in a pot or something but they tell you to just leave it on the sink like a bar of soap. I don't really like that, so i used my old Herbalism pot instead, which isn't very fancy in itself so i do wish it came with better packaging.
Other than that i really do like this product, it has helped a little bit with the oil in my t zone, and it has really helped balance out the pigment in my face. Definitely recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by lulu6789

I am a huge LUSH fan, but this was the first cleanser I had tried from there. The smell is very nice and comforting for me and the roductsbgoes on to the skin fine. It lathers nicely but when I rinsed off my skin was really red and had that squeaky clean feel which I personally don't like. It didn't do anything for my blemishes and I used it for about two months until I switched to Herbalism. It is listed as a spot treatment on the LUSH website and its said to be suitable for sensitive skin but I didn't think it was. However I'm not put off by LUSH and I will write a review on Herbalism soon

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this as a normal face wash after my mask (cosmetic warrior) and it cleans very well but I recommend a moisturizer after it, it's very good for acne and helps clean oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have an obsession with Lush products at the moment so I decided to buy this facial cleanser as well. I was quite apprehensive about this cleanser since my facial skin is very oily and prone to breakouts. I have probably tried dozens of facial cleansers and I was satisfied with only a few of them. However, this cleanser turned out to be a pleasant surprise. It actually diminishes breakouts pretty fast, my skin felt clean after using it and it improved my overall skintone including the visibility of large pores.

This is a cleanser in the form of a solid bar and the only problem I have with it is that it tends to melt away quickly. I really had to give it some time to dry after using it. Another tip is to cut the bar into smaller pieces and use them one by one.

Will be buying this again though. It is not that expensive compared to other facial cleansers like Clinique and MD formulations for instance so I think it's good value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by ActNaturally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works very well! It calms my skin down once I've taken off my makeup and it feels more moisturised afterwards. I haven't been broken out by this either. A downside is that is does seem pricey for what it does but it should last months. I just wet my hands and get some of the product on and then use it on my face. I do this as opposed to putting the bar directly on my face to just eliminate the risk of spreading the bacteria and letting it grown on the product. It is difficult storing the product because I sometimes forget to put the paper back over it but the product doesn't seem to be effected

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Didnt like it. I rarely got acne on my skin (like 3 acnes in a whole year) and I bought this thought it would be a good cleanser for my minimal blackheads (they are minimal but still annoying).
It didnt only give my face like 6 pimples it also dried my fine skin like hell. I mean when I smile, my face was getting some odd skin wrinkles (not real ones I'm just 18) and this happened when I was wearing my mousturizer for a while. And all of that just happened in two days so... big no for this one. (And I had bought 160 grams, such a waste )

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall this product is very good. It's economical in that it doesn't require packaging of any sort! I love that this facial wash isn't really too soapy and foamy - which is great because it doesn't strip your face. The SLS is far down the list which is nice too. The scent is quite herbal.. not my cup of tea but I'm just glad it works! It takes care of my hormonal acne without being harsh. I alternate this with aqua marina (which is a softer/creamier SLS-free version of this soap) on days where my skin is feeling a bit dry. I have dry skin and although my skin does feel "squeaky clean" after I use this I never have a problem with it. I moisturize with 100% organic argan oil or jojoba oil which doesn't break me out and I'm good to go! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Cdutton

I Use this as my night soap after I've cleansed my face of makeup with my Clarisonic and philosophy Purity face wash. I suds it up in my hands and apply it to my face and message in then rinse. I do have to take care to make sure it airs out and doesn't get soft. I have been working on the same little sliver for almost two weeks. So I have a feeling the rather large chunk I purchased will last a very long time. I like using it at night so the essential oils can sit on my skin with out me pilling makeup on my face. I use coal face in the morning because it's like staring with a fresh slate. And when you have oily skin it's a nice way to start the day. I have slowly phased out most of my skin care and hygiene products with lush products. My husband, children, and myself are definitely becoming "Lushies" and we fell better and look better for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Lumilintu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Absolutely LOVE this facial soap. Less-drying for me than a lot of other cleansers, and so gentle and soothing that I can't even believe it works sometimes.

Gentle scent, and it's been non-irritating for my husband's super sensitive skin. Angels on Bare Skin at night, with this in the morning for us.

One drawback, but I still give it 5 lippies because it works so well that it overcomes this, along with the great value. Inexpensive for how long it lasts.

I strongly dislike a facial soap being an unhygenic chunk like this, sitting around soggy after use and having hands all over it. I recommend using a small knife to cut off tiny pre-measured portions, or using a cheese grater on it instead of keeping it in chunk form.

Other than that, it's my HG facewash for morning and post-exercising.