Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

on 4/16/2015 3:44:00 PM

So disappointed by this product...

It really did the job well of concealing blemishes, redness etc. and was very buildable and easy to work with. Obviously it's very high coverage but still doesn't look too cakey which I was pleased about. The consistency was nice and looks quite natural when used with a stippling brush or something similar.

It is so pink! I used the lightest shade 15 Opal, which was too dark for me anyway but I can work with that when I tan, but it was very pink. My skin has yellow undertones but every single one of the shades is very pink. I think it's because this foundation is meant for people with acne and other skin redness problems. I would definitely recommend it for someone who has blemishes they want to cover without piling on the concealer, but only if your skin has pink undertones.

This is one of those "I'll try it before investing" products, the ones where you're not sure if you'd even want that type of product so you try a cheaper one before buying the expensive one that everyone loves, that's what this is for me

I got this about 18 months ago when my scarring was quite bad (I had acne and when I was little half my face was raked off by the pavement, I fell off my scooter going down a hill T_T)

One major drawback I noticed right away is that this product only comes in about 5 shades and I was JUST about able to use the lightest one Opal (I'm sand beige in Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup and NC20 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation for reference)

This product has quite full coverage, it's the fullest coverage of any foundation I've ever tried at that price point (I paid £15 in Boots) and it completely hid both my dark circles (if I haven't slept well I look like I've been punched) and wiped out my scarring, I didn't need a concealer with this product

As for the finish it sets to a matte finish but you still need to go over it with a powder to stop it from moving into lines and wrinkles, and to stop it from breaking down if you're quite oily, I found that with powder I could make this last for about 8 hours but if I over powdered it even slightly it would take on a very dry and cakey look

It's not a bad foundation for the price, it's just that Double Wear does all of the things that this foundation wants to do better, in short I would recommend getting that if you know that you want to use a full coverage foundation, just apply two thin layers and you're good to go

on 4/8/2015 4:29:00 PM

I was not happy with this product at all, I wanted to like it so bad because it is non-comedogenic and I have real acne-prone skin (and its cheap!) but to summarise:

Full coverage & non-comedogenic.
Fair price.

The lightest shades is about 10 shades to dark for my skin.
Foundation is very thick and feels heavy.
It looks cakey.
Slides off your face as soon as you're exposed to sun.

on 4/7/2015 1:25:00 PM

Amazing! I suffer with moderatly bad acne and acne scars, and have always struggled to find a reasonably priced foundation that gives full coverage, lasts all day, doesn't cake and looks really natural, I have to say this product does them all! I decided to give this product a try and it gives amazing coverage, looks so natural and lasts all day. It has a really nice feel to it and doesn't break me out. I have oily skin in the t zone area and my foundation always used to lift and look shiny after a few hours but this really stays put and I finds keeps the oil under control, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin either. It's slightly more expensive but is definetly worth it and will definitely be purchasing again!

The only negative is the bottle it comes in, as it is easy to squeeze to much out and waste product, but other than that a really good foundation.

on 3/31/2015 11:13:00 AM

This product is almost perfect (for me). It covers everything, lasts all day and is affordable. I use it mostly as a concealer as it is so highly pigmented but on bad skin days I love it for a foundation too. My only criticism of it, is the high level of SPF (35) which creates a lot of flash back! So avoid it for weddings/ proms etc. Apart from that I LOVE it and have been wearing it for years now. HG.

on 3/19/2015 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I don't see why people like this foundation, even with the best prepping (i exfoliate with dermalogica and my moisturizer is by biotherm) this foundation just sits on the face without being blended in. i use the least amount possible and work for quite a while, i tried with hands, with all kinds of brushes, with/without primer, with/without setting spray, it just stays on the skin looking like cheap particles of a powder, i mean i don't have any serious issues on my face just some redness but this foundation doesn't flatter me at all, it makes my skin look really bad. i don't think this suits dry skin. And the packaging is so terrible and messy! I will try to work with it by mixing it with something, on its own is terrible and pricey for the quality, I am sorry vichy lovers.

on 3/17/2015 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Blue skin...spotty. ..dry....patchy. ..scarred and well a mess..that was about 3years its a bit less spotty but has pigmentation from acne I.e scarring! I still get spots and have dry-combo type skin!
Been using this for years...but its not in a fancy glass bottle or classed as high I jumped on the band wagon and got estee lauder....tried mac...few other drugstore ones I'd heard if via youtube....estee thick heavy not great for dry skin....mac....broke me out in spots. ..and showed up my dry patches...Both had good coverage but not great still needed I'm back using my vichy dermablend....its the best foundation out there for my skin....its cheaper then all them high end covers like nothing else and its moisturising and smooth. ....if you have scars or acne or dryness or even if you just love a full coverage....then this is great...its never broken me out....and actually feels nourishing on my skin....I use a techniques expert face brush to apply....but you could use fingers as its so easy to blend.....or for a sheer cover and a medium coverage use a beautyblender or a good dupe for one!
I wish I could use all those fancy high end foundations. ...they look so pretty on your dressing table...but they just don't do what this has always done and still does for me....I'm around nc15-20...I buy this in nude!
Try a sample and see what you think....we all have different skin and needs for it. always try a sample. ...I'm sticking with my perfect foundation. ..10/10......amazing!!

on 3/12/2015 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for about 3-4 days in combination with Spectro gel moisturizer and Almay Clear Complexion pressed powder. I have very acne prone skin, and this broke me out terribly. I have cystic acne on both sides of my forehead, my chin, and one big zit on my nose. My skin had been relatively clear before I started using this product. I will admit that I use witch hazel as a toner and ran out right around the time I started using this, so it is possible that some of my acne could have been prevented by using witch hazel after washing this stuff off, but either way, a foundation should not break you out this badly. I feel like I got ripped off.

If you have clear skin that isn't acne prone, this stuff would be great for you. Make sure you shake the tube up before use and only use a small amount though.

on 2/10/2015 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. Everytime I apply it with some hydrating serum mixed. It covers perfectly, lasts long, and is not that heavy. Perfect winter foundation.

on 2/6/2015 9:24:00 AM

Great foundation, it covers everything and you only need a tiny amount. If you use too much (which is easy to) it will look cakey. Very happy with it.