September 2, 2014 | 904 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Goddess

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

A 1 buck gloss that delivers! When i say deliver, i mean for its price. The pigmentation is ok, kind of sheer-medium, the colour wears off in half an hour. The moisturising is SUPER. like my lips were super soft. Sadly, it doesnt last very long. You need to keep re-applying in hourly intervals. The smell and taste is overpowering though, if you're sensitive to that sort of things. Almost like gummy bears. Whyy then do i still give it a 4? THE PRICE!! I mean come on. its cheap. just take it out and reapply!

EDIT: a bit goopy/gunky if you over-apply. but the gunk goes away after a while, sort of like how the gloss fades over time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by andreayung23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ever since Shu Uemura discontinued my favorite "top coat" lip gloss, Rose Candy, I've been looking for a good dupe. On a whim I bought this online hoping that it would be similar. The color is a slightly mauve-tinted pink with subtle golden micro-shimmer. Not as bright as Rose Candy, but darn close. I like the color payoff (keep in mind though, that this is all relative and glosses in general are for just a hint of color) and the staying power is pretty decent. The cons are that it is a bit stickier than I'd like (Rose Candy had a wonderful, smooth, silky slip to it) and it does on occasion cause that buildup of white residue that accumulates on the inner edge of the lips, where they touch. For the price, it's certainly passable and decent, but as far as a dupe for my fav Shu Uemura, it's a no-go. The hunt continues...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this lip gloss. it smells amazing and the colour pay off is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by PrissyPinkRocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this but a bit sticky. If you don't mind your lips sticking together then this gloss is awesome comes in really pretty shades.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I am not a fan of these Super glossy lip shines but this color seems to be one of the better ones. It's a milky/pearly pink that looks really nice layered over a gloss. The consistency is pretty thick (I've had the product for three months and I don't remember it being so thick in the beginning though), it is quite sticky and it has a grapey scent. I would say ''buy it, it's only a dollar'' but it's two dollars in Europe (1.70 €) and I can get an Essence or NYX gloss for the same price and I much prefer those. And even if they are only a dollar where you live I still think you can do better.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by SuperFineFanny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

CONS: Even though I think this product is great for a dollar, I can't get past the unusual chemically smell that E.L.F tries to disguise with another chemically smell. It's very sticky, like I think you could rub your face on your clothes and pick up lint with this stuff. It doesn't stay on for a tremendous amount of time, I usually have to reapply within an hour to 45 mins.
PROS: It's actually a gorgeous color, enhances every lipstick I've used it over very nicely and looks very pretty on its own. It's a dollar.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by lelts666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It smells very sweet (probably too sweet for some people), but in my opinion it is tastless. This gloss is simple to use. I like that it gives nice shine to my lips and that shine stays couple of hours. One thing that i donīt is that it is bit sticky.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by sparklykitty12345

I actually really like this product! It's kind of sticky but it's not too bad and it lasts a lot longer that way.

There's definitely a strong grape smell but I don't mind too much. It goes away after a while. Those with sensitive noses will dislike the smell though.

I'm not sure why they removed the SPF, I wish they would make them with SPF again :(

Overall, a great product, and at $1, the price is definitely right :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great pinky/golden gloss with a yummy grape smell. I like to wear it during the day, since it has SPF 15, and it's a nice summer color. It is a bit thick in consistency, so I always wear a lip balm or lipstick underneath. For a $1, this is a great buy, and I have bought several other colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by saartjesmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Goddess, I'm pretty sure, would look great on EVERYONE! I've read the reviews on here, and everyone from deeper-toned ladies to whiter-than-White-Out me thinks it looks fantastic with their skin tone. It's kind of a warm pink with a subtle golden sheen. Very pretty! The texture is slightly thick and sticky, which on me means it lasts for a good while. The smell I'm not crazy about at all (reminds me of the grape Froot Loops), and the tube worries me a bit, since the plastic seems thin and potentially puncturable. I'm not a packaging whore by any stretch of the imagination, but if you buy this or have this, my advice is to treat it with care. Don't store it by scissors, pointy keys, wooden stakes, etc.

This is my go-to lip gloss for summer because of the sunscreen, since regular lip gloss magnifies the sun's rays right into your lips. I've had it for a few summers and it's still going strong. You get a lot of lip gloss in here for a buck, and if you can put up with the smell, there's a lot going for it! However, it seems that in later batches they've decided to nix the SPF, which I think sucks. Maybe if we petition they'll bring it back?