July 30, 2014 | 1014 users online

Blush - Laura Mercier - Orange Blossom

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by natkap

Cute, but very subtle. Nice wash of peachy-pink colour, with slight pearly glow!
Does anyone know if this is similar to Chanel Fresque?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by milupa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think the name is misleading - who wants to look 'orange'? This has replaced the ubiquitous NARS Orgasm for me. It is more subtle, and definitely gives the glow other reviewers mentioned. Because it lights up your cheeks but still looks a bit naked I use a blush with it, at the moment LM 'winterbloom'. On a grey February day, with this on, I did not dread looking into the mirror for once...!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by hinako442003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this blush because I saw the most subtly gorgeous swatch of it online. The prettiest glowy sheer pink I've ever seen, and isn't glittery looking like NARS. I wanted to like it. However, I had to return it to Sephora. It's not pigmented at all. I'm an NC25, and no matter how much I layer it on, I can't see a thing. My natural cheeks have more color than this blush. TheBalm's Hot Mama is a better alternative at least for me personally. Not to mention, LM's blushes are so tiny for so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In the summer I bought some products from the LM counter and, while I was there, the assistant tried a new product on me – it was a cream blush and also powder blush to use together. I didn’t think much of it as I wasn’t actually looking for a blusher but, when I got home and looked in the mirror, I was pleasantly surprised. The shade she had used on me was a lovely peachy shade and had lasted remarkably well. I went back later only to be told that was a “limited edition” and they had none left! Why do they do that?! I couldn’t find it in any other shop either so gave up.
I mentioned this to one LM assistant and she said a lot of people had asked for it after it had sold out and they had been buying “Orange Blossom” instead. I tried this in the shop and it looked quite a nice colour but I wasn’t 100% sure because I have used other powder blushers and they just disappear – what I had been so impressed with “limited edition” , amongst other things, was its staying power. Anyway, I bought it and when I got home I decided to use it in conjunction with the LM cream blusher in Canyon which I already have. This gives a very natural effect and lasts considerably longer than either a cream blusher or powder blusher on its own.
As to Orange Blossom in itself, it is a good product for a natural look. I had been using Nars Orgasm, but Orange Blossom is probably a little lighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by belletrist9

Orange Blossom is a lighter pinky-peach blush. Like Karla says, most every line has one like this, NARS Orgasm is just the most famous one. Orange Blossom is a shimmer, but it has more a very subtle, pearlized glow than a SHIMMER. I think it's quite beautiful. On my ~NC30-35 skintone, it shows up nicely, and is hard to overdo. It is decidedly lighter and a bit pinker than Nectar and MAC Nuance. It really lights up my face without giving a "come in from the cold" look. I just look happy. I actually like it more than MAC Nuance as it gives me the same kind of effect without me having to worry that it looks too dark or too orange.

The texture on Orange Blossom is lovely, just like the rest of Laura Mercier's blushes. I find Orange Blossom easy to layer and blend with a silky, glowy finish. It is hard to overdo (though it is definitely possible on me). I use the EcoTools f/s blush brush with this blush.

Wear time is excellent (I use my sunscreen, DDF Organic Sun Protection, as a primer).

I received this blush as a tester in swap, but I would definitely buy again if I ever ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldCharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for the second skin blush. I feel good about putting this blush on my skin since it has lots of good ingredients. Laura Mercier lists all the ingredients of her products on her website-I don;t understand why all complanies don't do this! Anyway, the color reminds me of Chanel Reflex which was one of my absolute favorite blushes years ago. This isn't as pigmented but it gives a nice glow that is appropriate for both warm and cool skintones. It's not too coral which was what I was expecting. The color looks like the sun is just shining on your skin. Makes me look very healthy and alive! I've used it in the winter and am now using it in the summer so it is an any season blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

This is the perfect color for me; I'm so pale that you can see my veins through my skin. I get a good flush, and there's barely any shimmer (the very reason why I wouldn't buy Orgasm).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by alicebignami

Orange blossom is a tad too shimmery for my taste. If you are looking for a very similar colour without the shimmer you may choose Nectar instead. It also look a bit pale on my skin which is fair but needs a deeper colour to look healthier.
If you are looking for a truly beautiful slightly tanned/peachy blush check Guerlain Terracotta Blush and Sun in 02.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This blush is my first foray into the Laura Mercier brand and I must say that I am thrilled with my purchase. I'm a PPP (approx NC15-20), blonde hair, blue eyes. This blush is the perfect pinkish-peach. I can't wear too much orange or brown in my blushes - they just tend to look dirty on my skin. So the fact that this one is a soft peach with some pink in it makes it perfect for my colouring. It has a teensy hint of shimmer - not very much at all but just enough to add a little glow. The quality of the powder is fantastic - finely milled and pigmented. A little goes a long way. The blush does not come with a brush (hooray - those are usually crap!) but the compact has a little mirror inside. The compact closes securely and looks attractive. All in all, this is a great blush and I would recommend it to anyone who is pale-skinned.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Steph84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Surprisingly great blush! I have been trying to stay away from pink blushes (red hair, freckles, sensitive skin). My skin is either very pale or very red, so I wanted a natural but bright and pigmented blush. I think this may be it! It's not really orange, it's peachy/pink. Its glowy but not glittery. Finally, a powder blush that is PIGMENTED. You can put this on sheer or build it up to whatever level you'd like. This lasts all day! No retouching needed--I have NEVER used a blush this pigmented and this long lasting. I have definitely become a fan of Laura Mercier blushes!

Edit: This blush was flaky in the pan, after a few uses there was a lot of blush missing, I think its the particular extra shimmery formula. I still think this is a great blush, but after a few very sunny days I realized that the gold reflects were just too noticeable. You can see that the blush reflects gold, and that just is not natural looking. I still think this is a great nighttime blush, but I returned it for Nectar, which is peachy but more (though not totally) matte.