Philips Sonicare Toothbrush

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After a really bad trip to the dentist (its been a while) I was determined to never have another cavity again. I recently bought this and glad I did. It definately blasts the plaque that is near your gums. I have the pro effects kind and it has a clean, sensitive and white setting. I've only used the clean for a few weeks and I like that it keeps your teeth smooth. The dental hygenist warned me not to "brush" but "glide" over the teeth because it can irritate your gums. I totally see that, this baby is really powerful. Here's to no cavities!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used this for several years and would never go back to the rotary Oral-B brush I formerly used. Yes, it is expensive and the replacement brush heads (last about 6 months) are pricey but still worth the incredible result. I cannot imagine anyone not being impressed with this tooth brush.

I have weak gums, according to my dentist. He recommended I get the Sonicare to help with that. Also,since he knows about my rediculous obsession with teeth whitening, he told me they have a teeth whitening version. Well, I got one for christmas today, because they are a bit pricey, I didn't purchase one for myself in a hurry. Although I've only used it twice so far, it is hands down the BEST oral tool I've ever used! It has handy features that tell you when to move to a new area, and it's timed, so you always brush for a recommended time. You barely have to apply pressure, and the brush literally does the work for you. After I brushed my teeth, it literally felt like I had just left the dentist! My teeth feel so clean. I know the replacement heads are expensive as well, but this is one thing I will never feel bad about investing in. HIGHLY recommended. I can honestly say I am in love with the sonicare!

Conveniently broke on me 2 months after the warranty expired. Not repurchasing. Going to oral b next time.

I was given this toothbrush as a gift from my hubby because he knows how obsessed I am about oral health. Hands down it's the best toothbrush I have ever used. Easy to handle and amazingly gets all the hard to reach areas, really leaves my teeth feeling clean. It will keep a charge for at least 5 days. Highly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I call my Sonicare Essence the Sonicare Humility because prior to owning this, I had nothing but contempt for electric toothbrushes. "How lazy can we be? Up and down is too strenuous for you?" Then I left my job and couldn't afford the COBRA dental insurance. I asked for a Sonicare for Christmas in the hopes that it would get me through the Valley of No Coverage cavity free.

Call it a Damascus Road conversion, but I will never go back. My teeth feel like I've just come from the dentist. It takes getting used to the vibration, but your teeth feel amazing. It reminded me of getting my braces off: I was complusively gliding my tongue over my teeth because they felt so different.

I'm not a cavity prone person (one small filling that was a result of being less than dilligent when I had braces,) and I almost never floss. My new dental plan began Jan. 1, and I have procrastinated on scheduling the appointment because my teeth look and feel good. I thought I'd look like I had a mouth full of Indian corn after three years without a professional cleaning, but no visible tarter, no gum sensitivity, no tooth pain.

The key to making your Sonicare last is in the charging. Let it get a good, solid charge, then unplug the charger and don't recharge until the brush won't run. (I just use it like I would a regular, manual brush when it dies and then recharge it.) At three years old, I'm beginning to loose some longevity between charges. At its peak, I could go three weeks between charges.

The only big frustration comes from keeping the handle clean. The heads have little gaps that allow the yucky toothpaste spit to work it's way into the well of the handle. It can get pretty gross. I bought a silicone gasket on Amazon to cover the gap. It helps, but it's not an ideal solution.

Packaging/Waste:The Essence heads are bulky and unrecyclable. There are magnets and bits of metal and plastic. I wish they had a take back program. The new Pro Results models have the magnets in the handle instead of the head. The handle is smaller too. When my Essence dies, I'll upgrade to that model. Also, the battery is not replaceable, but I believe you can drop off the handle where you recycle NiCad batteries. The box is a pretty standard box, some paper, some plastic. The replacement heads are in an evil plastic clam shell, but it is recyclable in most places. continued >>

My dentist recommended this to me, knowing how anal-retentive I am about my teeth. I actually enjoy going to the dentist!
I had a problem with my gums starting to recede, and with this no mechanical scrubbing is necessary. The brush glides along your teeth, cleaning more efficiently, more completely, and more safely (as far as receding gums are concerned) than manual brushing.
I brush and night and wake up in the morning and there's still NO tangible plaque on my teeth!
Absolutely no comparison between this and a manual toothbrush. None.
I believe this and flossing can mean the difference between keeping your teeth later. A great investment.

Purchased my 1st one back in the mid 90s. It finally died 7 years later = purchased my 2nd one = lasted about 6 years, now on #3 (obviously I have replaced the brush head many many times) :P

LOVE them - hate non-Sonicare toothbrushes now as I feel my teeth are not nearly as clean. I used to have a travel regular toothbrush - not anymore - I take my Sonicare w/ me anytime I travel! Finally told my dentist to quit giving me free toothbrushes after my cleanings since I will NEVER go back to a manual one.

They are expensive, but w/ a little work, you can usually find one on sale somewhere (or go to BBB w/ a 20% coupon) and they do last YEARS. So worth it to have whiter, cleaner teeth!

I bought the Philips Flexcare Plus 3 months ago and I can honestly say that my gum bleeding has stopped since then! My teeth look and feel like pearls in my mouth. At first, the price appears to be steep but as this magic brush has saved me a lot of time and money that I would have to spend at the dentist I think that in the long run this is an excellent investment. The funny thing is that I had to convince my husband that we should buy the Flexcare (it was on sale with the second handle for free) and the was unwilling to do it, but gave in after a while. Now he can't remember anymore that he didn't want to pay so much in the first place, because he is SO in love with the way this brush delivers :)

This is the HG for coffee/soda drinkers and smokers. It is easy to use, whitens teeth in one use, and cleans very, very well. This is a great cheat to use just before going to the dentist. ;D

Popular Other Products