Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Grapeseed Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Vegetable Glycerin, Peach Stone, Coconut Oil, Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Fragrance, Willowbark Extract, Glucose (Sugar), Chamomile Extract, Goldenseal Extract, Hawaiian Ginger Extract, Bladderwrack Extract, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase (Natural Preservative).

on 2/17/2014 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love Burt's Bees but sadly I hated this product. The granules are too harsh and my face never felt clean. The scrub always left an annoying waxy residue on my skin. I hate wasting money & usually try to finish a product even if it's not great... but I HAD to toss this one after about 4 or 5 uses.

on 1/14/2014 7:29:00 PM

I'm not really sure about this product. It is gentle enough on my sometimes sensitive skin and it doesn't make my combo/oily skin worse. In the end, it doesn't do much for my acne and it is hard to wash off. Also the price is very high for the quality you're getting. I might repurchase it, just because my skin tends to react to most facial products and this doesn't make my skin sensitive.
I didn't love it.

on 1/14/2014 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Nice light peach scent but I didn't care for the performance of this at all. For a pore scrub this did not leave my skin feeling clean. It left a greasy film on my skin which is not what I want in a cleanser.
This may be good for someone with dry skin but not for me.

on 12/6/2013 12:21:00 PM

I bought this scrub at the drug store because I was looking for scrub that was relatively cheap and didn't have nasty ingredients in it. I was really hoping I would love this product, but it was quite disappointing. The scrubbing particles, I found, were way too big and coarse, and I didn't really find that it cleansed my face. I usually enjoy scrubs that lather just a little bit, but the cleansing part of this scrub seemed to disappear completely at the moment i began to rub it between my fingers before putting it on my face. So, when I put it on my face it felt like I was just rubbing tiny rocks around. As for results, I didn't find that it left dry patches or damaged my skin - but I'm not particularly sensitive - yet I also didn't find that it had any positive effects. I'll use up the tube because I paid for it, but I will not repurchase the product.

on 11/1/2013 7:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This scrub really does help me out with my clogged pores. After I use it my skin feels 100x smoother and softer. It also helps eliviate the dry patches that I have to deal with once in awhile. I don't use it everyday, just when I notices my pores getting clogged and/or I start to get dry patches. It's a little abrasive but, it's nothing to worry about if you're gentel and use just your fingertips to massage it in.

I didn't have high hopes for this product per se, but I bought it as I was out of a facial scrub and wanted something all natural and inexpensive. This product is 100% natural, and in all honesty it works better than most scrubs I've ever used, natural or otherwise. I have combination skin, and it left the dry patches on my face feeling moist and healthy, and left the more normal/oily-ish parts of my skin feeling oil-free and clean. It's made my pores less noticeable and minimized some blemishes. I've only used it for a couple days, but so far, it's been great, and my skin feels and looks healthy. Also, I've heard a couple complaints about smell and texture--it is kind of smell-free imo. And the texture, while a little abrasive, is not very bad at all if you are sure to scrub lightly and not too harshly.

on 9/12/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This scrub is my absolute go to facial cleanser. As a person with dry acne-prone clogged pore skin, exfoliating is a big thing to keep my skin manageable. This is great and keeps my break outs few and far in between or takes them away completely if I'm not near that time of the month. Sometimes I worry about the peach stone bits being too harsh on the skin like the infamous ST. Ives Apricot Scrub but i think it all depends on how hard one rubs the face with the cleanser. This was my first product for the face by Burt's Bees and it made my life and skin so much easier. This will forever be my go to cleanser.

on 3/18/2013 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is a decent product. For the price really, I expected more. Upon realising this performs the same as the St Ives Apricot scrub, I was ultimately disappointed. This is a considerably gritty scrub in my opinion and also quite moisturising, I would actually suggest it to those who have dry/flaky skin and have a preference for natural/organic skincare. I wouldn't slam it and call it horrible but the smell along with the price tag and under performance didn't sit so well with me. I didn't really witness a noticeable difference in my skin also, I was expecting a little more radiance and evenness in my complexion, this unfortunately failed to be up to par.

The exfoliating elements of this product were too coarse. As soon as I put it on my skin, I immediately had a "get this off my skin before it shreds me" moment. Went into trash after first attempt. If you are only able to use a drug store brand, stick with St. Ives. Otherwise, go for Clinique's 7 Day Scrub.

Keep in mind I do have sensitive skin - but have also used an exfoliator every day since my teen years.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Pros:
- Nice exfoliator
- smells okay (had to grow on me)
- organic
Cons:
- Did nothing for my skin
Overall:
I wish I liked this product. I don't hate it but it did nothing for my skin. It made it feel a softer. The smell had to grow on me. I didn't like it at first but it's okay now. The scrub can be a bit abrasive and it is a mess to wash off. I will not be repurchasing this. If you want an organic exfoliator then I would suggest you try this. But for me it didn't do anything for my skin.