September 3, 2014 | 1216 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by GothqueBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scrub is my absolute go to facial cleanser. As a person with dry acne-prone clogged pore skin, exfoliating is a big thing to keep my skin manageable. This is great and keeps my break outs few and far in between or takes them away completely if I'm not near that time of the month. Sometimes I worry about the peach stone bits being too harsh on the skin like the infamous ST. Ives Apricot Scrub but i think it all depends on how hard one rubs the face with the cleanser. This was my first product for the face by Burt's Bees and it made my life and skin so much easier. This will forever be my go to cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a decent product. For the price really, I expected more. Upon realising this performs the same as the St Ives Apricot scrub, I was ultimately disappointed. This is a considerably gritty scrub in my opinion and also quite moisturising, I would actually suggest it to those who have dry/flaky skin and have a preference for natural/organic skincare. I wouldn't slam it and call it horrible but the smell along with the price tag and under performance didn't sit so well with me. I didn't really witness a noticeable difference in my skin also, I was expecting a little more radiance and evenness in my complexion, this unfortunately failed to be up to par.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by zuzuwentworth

The exfoliating elements of this product were too coarse. As soon as I put it on my skin, I immediately had a "get this off my skin before it shreds me" moment. Went into trash after first attempt. If you are only able to use a drug store brand, stick with St. Ives. Otherwise, go for Clinique's 7 Day Scrub.

Keep in mind I do have sensitive skin - but have also used an exfoliator every day since my teen years.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by missbeautyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Nice exfoliator
- smells okay (had to grow on me)
- organic
Cons:
- Did nothing for my skin
Overall:
I wish I liked this product. I don't hate it but it did nothing for my skin. It made it feel a softer. The smell had to grow on me. I didn't like it at first but it's okay now. The scrub can be a bit abrasive and it is a mess to wash off. I will not be repurchasing this. If you want an organic exfoliator then I would suggest you try this. But for me it didn't do anything for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by RoseMosco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This exfoliator is wonderful! I have dry skin and require something gentle, hydrating and non-abrasive. This is it. The Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub is a great product for one a week/twice a month exfoliation. I use Dr. Hauschka skin care and I am not supposed to exfoliate as it can disturb pH levels of the skin but this exfoliator is gentle enough that it just gives my dead skin cells and extra little lift while keeping my skin moist with a natural product.

I recommend this for users with dry skin looking for non-abrasive exfoliation once a week.

*be sure to use a gentle touch as the product can be abrasive if you rub too hard.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

I only bought this because i heard so many good review on the orange scrub (which they don't sell in canada:( .. but in america), so i had to buy this since it thought they would be similar. I only gave it an overall 2 since 1st... it was too expensive... and 2nd, i wouldn't call this a exfoliant or scrub, it's more like oil for the face (which you have to apply and wash off). In my opinion, it didn't have enough peaces of the scrubbing pieces, and wasn't harsh enough (hehe :P ).... Also, it was oily, but a good moisturizer. I have really prone to break out skin, but this didn't really break it out. It just made it a little oily. Ok for once a month.
I wouldn't reccomend or buy this again, but if you have it, i wouldnt' reccomend using it every day or as a scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by gumiho

Worked okay. What bothered me was that the little pieces were so hard to wash off. I resorted to using it in the shower. My favorite part of this was the packaging, for most products, I always have a little dried product at the opening, but this one, I don't know if it was just becuase of the texture of the product, or something they actually did, never had any spillover.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by littleann818

I like the fact that this scrub is all natural and clean. The smell doesn't bother me. What bothered me was after using it, my face felt extremely oily...which I don't prefer. I guess that's the point of all those natural oils in the scrub--it's suppose to moisturize your face and help your skin retain those natural, essential oils to prevent you from breaking out. I don't usually get a lot of breakouts and I really don't like the oily feeling. I was really hoping this would be my go-to natural face scrub I can use everyday but I'm sad to say, this scrub is not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by ouisa03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the worst skincare product I have ever come in contact with. I have very sensitive skin, but sometimes if I use scrubs very gently I only experience mild redness. And let's face it - sometimes dead skin just needs to be sloughed off.
I decided if it was Burt's Bees, it was all natural, and therefore wouldn't irritate my skin.
Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. The second this stuff touched my skin it burned. It continued to burn long after I rinsed it off. I barely scrubbed (because I rinsed it off so quickly) and it still shredded my skin and my face looked like the side of a firetruck. I've never experienced that feeling before.
If your skin is at all sensitive, steer clear. Not necessarily of the brand, but this particular product might take your face off.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ilovefoodsm

i would have to say that this product is the worst product ever, because it broke me out and not only a little, but a lot. it is not pleasant to see, i look so scary that i dont even want to see myself in the mirror for more than 5 seconds. theres also a lot on my eyes' are, it looks so horrible that i have to wear my glasses all day to cover up some of the spots. and when i talk to people i dont even dare to lift my head up... my self confidence is now very low..