October 23, 2014 | 1617 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - S-Factor Heat Defender - Flat Iron Shine Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product! Bought it because of all the reviews here. My hair is colored, highlighted, flat ironed to death, damaged, dry, frizzy, easily broken and brittle! This product turned back 20 years on my hair. I'm 44 and after using this product my hair SHINED and was silky and laid flat and had swing and movement just like it did when i was 22 and had no chemical processing done to it. Almost brought tears. Never thought i'd see my hair like that again especially at this age! No greasiness at all by the way. I sprayed the Tigi when my hair was wet. I air dried it. And in the morning i sprayed it again on dry hair and then flat ironed. WOW! The mist comes out so fine.. it's almost like a cloud.. barely there. But once you run a flat iron over it, it makes the hair look like those hair commercials. I kid you not! SO happy i bought this. It's SO expensive though. Yikes! I do see the bottle lasting a while though because you don't use much. A few sprays and that's all you need so i guess you do get your money's worth. It just hurts to lay down $32 in one shot though. But at Ulta, with coupons and points you can get it for $24 or so. As far as the packaging... i kept reading MUA comments about how bad it is etc. It's really not people. Come on. It's a plastic bottle with a spray nozzle. Honestly dont see what the big complaints are about. Overall, perfect product! BUY IT! Im excited to try the shampoo and conditioner by Tigi also. Now if only i could find a face cream to turn back 20 years like this product did to my hair.... Hmmmmm...........

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by zeppelindoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thing smells AMAZING. I've never used another hair product that smells as good. My friend gave me a hug and said I smelled like a cherry Icee, but I think it smells more like strawberry sorbet.

I straight iron my hair on most days and this left my hair feeling soft and shiny. It is a really great product, but really, really expensive! This retails for $30 at regular price. I found it on Amazon for about $21, but still very pricey for something I would normally use up in a few months time.

The packaging is awful, which is why I gave it four lippies instead of five. I had only used about 1/3 of the bottle when it got knocked over from my bathroom counter (3 feet tall, at most) onto the floor and shattered due to the flimsy packaging. I'm a klutz and I've dropped many of my lotion bottles/hair products/makeup jars, etc. but none of them have ever broken before. I was so sad to have lost it and I haven't purchased another because of the hefty price tag. I went to Target and got another heat protectant for $7 instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is probably the best Flat Iron Spray that I've ever used. The smell is great, and it's not greasy (if used properly). A little bit goes a long way with this product, so I find that the best way to apply it is to spray it into a brush and then brush it onto my hair, so that it is more evenly distributed, because just spraying onto my hair will cause my hair to look and feel a bit greasy (especially the roots). It seems to provide a barrier between the flat iron and my hair, and keeps my hair feeling silky afterwards, and helps eliminate the frizz too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Afowler01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best thing since sliced bread!!!! It doesn't make your hair feel starchy like a lot of other products made for heat defense. I like it!!! Nix that, I loooove it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Quite simply the best product for straightener addicts I've ever used - coming from the girl who's tried everything! I used to use Tresemme's spray from the Heat collection, but it wasn't anything amazing and when the formula was recently reworked I had to find something else.

I bought this product solely due to its stellar reviews, which it really does live up to. I bought mine from Amazon UK for just over 10 - steep compared to my drugstore favourites, but really is fantastic value for money as I've had mine over 3 months and it's still over 90% full as the product only needs to be used sparingly. I spray 4-5 times all over damp hair before combing then blowdrying, and up to 3 times on dry hair before brushing through and straightening. It does look a little oily upon application but disappears when heat is applied. Some heat protecting sprays require dousing your hair in the product but this is NOT one of those..don't risk looking an oily mess, I learned this the hard way!

The product really is a pleasure to use - sleek stand-out packaging, a faint smell of synthetic yet delicious strawberries like all the great S-Factor products and most importantly, makes my hair super-soft, sleek and smooth to the touch when styling with absolutely no buildup or oily residue. I was amazed at first what an effect such a small amount of product can do, and that my hair looked and felt so good outside of the salon. I can even just blowdry my hair and go without straightening for a more naturally sleek look, something previously unheard of with my rebelliously wavy hair. This means my hair is in its best condition ever - I don't have to straighten as much plus it's well-protected from any heat it's exposed to. Any product that allows me to skip straightening for my fine, wavy & previously unmanageable hair is unquestionably an HG for me.

I've had some awful experiences with heat protection sprays in the past so I always approach them with caution (not even kidding, check out my review for the Beyond The Zone spray) but this is a product that genuinely lives up to its ratings - just check out my soft, smooth, lovely hair for proof, I'm touching it all the time after styling because my hair's never looked or felt so good. I never want to use anything else!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by lolilea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is quite simply 'the best heat spray'.

I live on the hair board and try everything. This was probably the 5th heat protectant I tried a few years ago and since I have tried many more and it's still the best.

-smells great, like watermelon and strawberries
-gives great shine that rivals most glossing serums
-lightweight yet helps keep my hair frizz free

I used to spritz a few sprays on my brush then brush it through damp hair starting at the ends, working up so not much product got near the roots. I feel this method not only helped seal in my hairs moisture but also ensured even distribution. This stuff works well layered with other styling products and leave ins. The packaging is cheapish, it looks stylish but is flimsy. I dropped it once and it split, covering the floor... My room smell great afterwards lol. I've repurchased twice, each bottle lasting around a year. I only use low heat settings and silicones sparingly now but I will always have a bottle of this stuff around. It's a staple. The price is medium and is worth the few extra pounds compared to tresemme from performance and ingredients. This stuff contains a couple of conditioning ingredients such as vitamin e.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by morenitaxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am biracial and the natural texture of the hair in the front of my head is different than the rest. At first I did not like this product because I felt that it didn't work. When I flat ironed my hair it did not get shiny or anything so I threw it in the back of my beauty pantry.
Lately I have been bunning my hair and got my bangs cut. I decided to try this stuff again and OMG I love it! My bangs are straight, shiny, smell like candy and I don't get split ends!
A little advice for those with kinky/coily/African American hair, this may not work on you. The rough parts of my hair did not like this product but the sections of my hair that are looser in curl reacted to this spray very well. When I get a chance I want to try the shampoo and conditioner from the same line.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by daisyday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this! I use a flat iron or curling iron almost everyday. This stuff is fantastic, especially with the curling iron. With just a couple of sprays, I end up with lovely, soft, shiny curls. The smell is light and fades quickly. It's pricey, but totally worth it if you're a heat styling addict like me. The protection it provides is superb!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by tadpole02

I love this spray, but be careful! I only need 2 sprays, held about 8 inches from my thin, curly hair before ironing. Otherwise, I get oily looking roots (and I have very dry hair). So, use with caution! But, it is the best one I've tried yet, and I've tried a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by alfieandelle

I cannot even begin to explain how terribly dis-functional my hair is. Course curls which I straighten religiously each day in-spite of the fact my hair looks like straw. Even a hairdresser can't make my hair look any better than I can so I'd kind of gotten used to the fact I'll never have lush, conditioned looking hair.

I am in AWE of this product! A small spray to my usual blowdry, my locks look totally transformed. Safe to say this product has kind of changed my life.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No