April 19, 2014 | 1562 users online

Powder - Meow Cosmetics - Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by rlshaffer68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have gone through so many foundations out there, from the high end (Lancome, Estee Lauder, MAC, etc.) to the cheap end (Coty, Wet-N-Wild, etc.), and even though a lot of them seem to be HG at the time, I always ended up getting frustrated or disappointed with the results, or the price! Since my face will no longer tolerate liquid foundation, I went back to Bare Minerals. Even though I was using the Matte formula, it gave me horrible cystic acne on my chin! WTH?? So I researched mineral foundations here on MUA, and after reading the reviews, I decided I would try Meow Cosmetics. After reviewing the foundations on their website, I emailed them my questions about what foundation would work best for me, and I received a very nice reply with some suggestions. I then ordered samples from all three formulas of various colors in my range (NW20, Fairly Medium), and I found a perfect match that makes me look, well, Flawless - Frisky Syphnx in Flawless Feline. It makes my skin look like my skin only better! It blends nicely, feels like nothing at all, it doesn't cake or settle into my lines, and it may not hide all the redness, but it makes my skin look good and healthy. Flawless is the heavier of the formulas, but it looks good, and that makes me happy! And I haven't had any cystic acne since I have been using this foundation! If I do have a pimple (stupid period!), I put the foundation on, then dab a little bit of the Meow concealor, which is awesome too, and it fades away. The price you pay for the full size foundation is a steal! The jar is huge and it will last me a good long while. I am so very, very happy that I tried Meow, and I will definitely repurchase! An awesome product from an awesome company!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Meow since Aromaleigh went out of business awhile back. I tried all three formulas, but Flawless Feline seems best suited to my skin. I like medium to full coverage, and if my skin is behaving, FF delivers. I've been struggling with hormonal acne since going off the pill, and this definitely doesn't contribute to my skin problems. In fact, it probably saved my skin because wearing heavy liquid foundation every day to hide my hideousness wasn't letting my skin breathe. Even though this doesn't cover every little blemish/scar, it does make my skin look decent enough that I'm not insecure about it. I also love the it can hold up the extremes of my skin. I have normal to dry skin in the winter, and oily to really oily skin in the summer. One of the biggest perks I've found is their amazing range of shades! I'm fair but really yellow, and Meow has given me the best color match so far (I use Naughty Angora). I've been through one of their munchkin sizes, and after using it up, I repurchased but in the full size. I love how affordable Meow is! I've been using the full size since July 2012, and I have more than half left after using it every single day. I wouldn't go so far as to say this is my HG, but because it works for me and is affordable, I don't really have the desire to look for anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

at last a make up that doesnt irritate or clog my pores! i have searched and wasted so much time and money with other make up brands and finally my search is over! I do have to admit that it is quite a journey finding the right shade for yourself because there are so many choices.....all my live i thought i was a yellow skin type because it was always pink or yellow undertones....with this foundation i was able to find out i am a yellow neutral peachy kind of tone....haha! it took some mixing and matching and i finally found the combination for me is frisky siamese and naughty manx or ambyssian! the cat named foundation colors does get overwhelming at first but it is all worth it for clear skin! the only negative i would say is that if you apply this all crazy a huge powder cloud will have you all choked up....be careful not to constantly inhale this stuff...anyways...i wuld suggest for a mixture between the flawless feline and pampered puss for the perfect consistancy because the flawless feline alone might get a bit too powdery if not applyed just right.....and let me jsut say that all mineral make up is not the same!!! this was the only one that didnt break me out one bit....Everyday Minerals broke me out like crazy! All in all i really like this company and i hope they never go out of business because i dont want to ever have to look for make up good enough for my skin ever again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by betriix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have spent the past year trying to find the perfect shade and formula of mineral foundation. I tried just about everything and was largely unsatisfied. I started thinking it was just me, and either my skin was too messed up to ever look nice, even in foundation, OR i was just neurotic and needed to move on to more important matters in life. Well, I have to say that I'm very glad I stuck it through, because I've finally found the most exquisite mineral makeup. I should mention that I tried Meow a few months back, but I couldn't get the shade down, so I gave up. Something inside said I needed to give it another go, and I'm so glad I did. My perfect match is half Frisky Siamese and half Naughty Manx. And for me what works best is a mix of Pampered and Flawless formulas. Pampered is lovely, but it really is pretty light on coverage. Mixing the two gives me an amazingly natural, radiant coverage. Finding the right color is so, so important, but you may have to work at it for a while. It's time consuming and somewhat expensive to keep ordering more samples, but once you nail your shade, it feels like a miracle. I know this sounds ridiculous, but it's literally changed my life and increased my overall sense of well-being. Every time I apply this, I am simply in awe. I never thought my skin could look like that. Now my biggest fear is that Meow will someday go out of business, and I'll be stuck without this!

There is one minor thing that bugs me about this line... The difference between the Frisky and Naughty shade depth is enormous. Other people have noted this too. I really wish they would remedy this, because I fall right between the two (as I'm sure many people do) and am unwilling to buy a third jar. Once you start mixing colors and formulations, and then need different depths for summer and winter, it can get really out of hand. There are ways to manage it though, and the payoff of having PERFECT foundation for your skin is worth the trouble to me. A good way to fix a too-light shade is to buy samples of the darkest shade (Independent), and add in small amounts. That way you're using almost pure pigment. You can do this with the same color, or you can add in other colors. You can even purposely buy a color in a slightly too light shade, so that you can alter the color with a second shade in Independent. I'm not doing this with my Siamese/Manx blend, because I also want the Pampered/Flawless blend, so I have to buy two jars anyway.

Anyway, this stuff is amazing... !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I'll tell you, after eight years as a Bare Escentuals loyalist, I've made the jump. This is just so much better! Flawless Feline gives me way better coverage, and Sleek Siamese matches my skin tone like no other foundation shade I've ever used. Plus, when you buy the large jar, it's the same price as BE, but you get twice the product. It sucks to have to wait for it to arrive in the mail, but that's a small quibble. This is just a much better product and deal all around.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Michelle737

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love Meow Cosmetics! Their shipping takes a long time (over 2 weeks for me and I don't live very far away) but I can forgive that because they're a small company-- 5 women I think-- and they personally check every order. Plus they give free samples-- one of mine was a blush that I love! Anyway, flawless feline does have good coverage, but you have to make sure you have the right shade. For Pampered Puss, my personal Meow favorite, I can wear four or five different shades because it bends so beautifully. FF, not so much. It is easy to apply though, and doesn't leave a line of foundation demarcation. Oily skin control is not quite as good as I would have hoped (not as good as PP), but its not as bad as it could be, either. I do wish the sifter was like Bare Minerals, because you cant stop the product from coming into the lid when its not sitting flat. I took it with me in my bag, and when I went to open it, foundation everywhere! The huge lid is great, though. I got the munchkin size, about $16, which is really not a bad deal. It'll last a long time, and their ingredients are about as good as it gets. It did look a bit shimmery-- mica?-- but its not noticeable at all on the face. Overall, good product! It didn't break me out, has great staying power, covers well, and will last a long time! I saw some reviews that said it made their face itchy or looked cakey. In my experience it wont look cakey as long as you don't apply too much, and it wasn't itchy for me at all. I said I would buy again, because it is a good product. Still, I may try some PP mixed with concealer next time, just because of the shade matching and staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by vvidowspeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been searching for face make up that matched my skin and didn't have bad ingredients. I love this product so far.i am extremely fair skinned and i used snow lynx which is pure white with no undertones. Its super light weight and lasts all day. Doesn't look caked on at all. I've read some of the bad reviews and i have no idea what they're talking about! Great price, great quality, low shipping cost, shipping didn't take long, maybe 4 days. Definitely try them out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by BACHNROHN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use Pampered and Purrfect coverage levels . I have been a loyal Meow customer for 6 yrs. Firstly they do not use nano/micronized minerals so check that out please. I will not use most mineral make-up other than MC because i find it to be substandard. Shipping does take a couple weeks also its hard to pick or choose a shade HOWEVER they are so forgiving it dose'nt matter a whole lot. Examle i wear Abyssinian. Manx and Angora. As long as you dont go too dark your fine .I buy frisky and naughty color depth in all three...So.spend 20$ experiment pick 5 or so colors then try a few shades of each in the desired coverage. LIGHT=PURRFECT, MEDIUM=PAMPERED HEAVY=FLAWLESS. My advise have a water bottle fine mist to set this then blend after it drys then use a conceler brush to dab a little xtra on imperfections then mist again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by cleo_satsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I feel bad givign this product a bad rating since the owners seem like honest and hardworking people.
I am dark skinned with golden undertones and did not seemed to find a match but at the time really wanted to get away from commercial foundations and decided to switch. I got an OK match in MAU (i think) and ordered the full size.
It looked ok but made my face really itchy. I do not know which ingredient is the culprit since it has no bismuth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

Ordered this trying to look for the perfect oil control mineral foundation with good coverage.

FIrst of all, good pricing for the amount you get! Slow shopping unfortunately, color range is weird...the "dark" shades reach NC-NW40s at the MOST.

Also I noticed when i wear this stuff I get SUPER oily. I was confused considering it was supposed to be a matte finish...but upon closer inspection...

has anyone noticed this stuff actually has chunks of glitter!?!?!?! NO WONDER MY FACE LOOKED LIKE AN OIL SLICK WITHIN THE HOUR

Recommended only for normal skin types.