February 28, 2015 | 1528 users online

Powder - Meow Cosmetics - Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by moushka26

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meow's Flawless Feline is a very good, medium-to-full coverage loose powder foundation without bismuth and is therefore unlikely to cause skin irritation. It's comes in 86 shades; samples are available for $1 each to help you find your best shade. After a lot of trial and error, I found my shade in Frisky Sphynx (NW20). The powder adheres well to my angled kabuki, does not puff back at me, and provides a gorgeous, natural finish. After applying the rest of my makeup, I spray with a tiny bit of Fix+. With setting powder (Meow's Equilibrium Balancing Powder all over and MAC's blot powder on my forehead) I get through most of my day with a lovely finish and a few dabs of blotting paper around my nose at lunch. The foundation is not undetectable; you will look like you're wearing something on your face, but the ability to match your skin tone exactly means you'll look like a polished version of your best self.

With so many shades over three depths of coverage, it can be daunting to find your shade. If you're a bit of a perfectionist, patient, and realize that samples are a necessary evil, you should be able to find your perfect match. This is not an instant-gratification process but it's been worth it to me.

A warning about Meow's customer service policies, which you are asked to read before placing an order: there are no returns, exchanges, credits, or amendments to orders. Once you press that "pay" key, you're committed. I found this out the hard way. I'd be happier with friendlier customer service policies, but I the excellence of the product speaks for itself. Meow is generous with gift samples and the purchased samples, while small (1/4 tsp), are sufficient to let you make a decision about the shades. Although I love the powder itself, the lack of a twisty lid over the inner powder sifter is annoying and, along with the customer service policies, is why I deducted one lippy from my overall rating.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by flatula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love Meow Cosmetics foundations! Flawless Feline is very full coverage and is very matte. After about 6 months of use (in combination with the OCM), my acne cleared up and I don't need full coverage anymore, so I've since switched to Pampered Puss (medium coverage) version. The price is great, lasts forever; only downside is finding the perfect shade when ordering online (you can get samples for $1 each, but I had to spend about $20 in samples to find a good shade for me). This has more coverage than the concealers they sell, so you may want to save $ by using this as concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by GemmaBenge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Didn't like this. Doesn't cover well no matter how much you put on especially blemishes which is the main reason is wear make up, is chalky and is pretty light in coverage. You would have to have pretty perfect skin to wear. Plus didnt like the concealer either. Sorry meow, i had high hopes for you. Wish it didnt contain Mica.

Edit: Made me break out! Waste of $$$$.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this for what it does NOT contain: no talc, bismuth oxychloride, or food starches.
The color choice is excellent and I love that there are multiple shades I match to. For $30 plus reasonable SH, I received a jar crammed full of powder-by volume, approximatively 1/2C.
When I finally run out, I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by bixbailey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this multiple times in the past but upon trying it again recently (after having used Pampered for a while), it is too chalky in texture and cakey in appearance. And with years of problem skin, I am well-accustomed to cake. Perhaps it's my skin (am not oily) but this really accentuates pores and looks terrible after a few hours. And yes, shipping is ridiculously slow. But the color selection is excellent and the coverage is very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by rlshaffer68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have gone through so many foundations out there, from the high end (Lancome, Estee Lauder, MAC, etc.) to the cheap end (Coty, Wet-N-Wild, etc.), and even though a lot of them seem to be HG at the time, I always ended up getting frustrated or disappointed with the results, or the price! Since my face will no longer tolerate liquid foundation, I went back to Bare Minerals. Even though I was using the Matte formula, it gave me horrible cystic acne on my chin! WTH?? So I researched mineral foundations here on MUA, and after reading the reviews, I decided I would try Meow Cosmetics. After reviewing the foundations on their website, I emailed them my questions about what foundation would work best for me, and I received a very nice reply with some suggestions. I then ordered samples from all three formulas of various colors in my range (NW20, Fairly Medium), and I found a perfect match that makes me look, well, Flawless - Frisky Syphnx in Flawless Feline. It makes my skin look like my skin only better! It blends nicely, feels like nothing at all, it doesn't cake or settle into my lines, and it may not hide all the redness, but it makes my skin look good and healthy. Flawless is the heavier of the formulas, but it looks good, and that makes me happy! And I haven't had any cystic acne since I have been using this foundation! If I do have a pimple (stupid period!), I put the foundation on, then dab a little bit of the Meow concealor, which is awesome too, and it fades away. The price you pay for the full size foundation is a steal! The jar is huge and it will last me a good long while. I am so very, very happy that I tried Meow, and I will definitely repurchase! An awesome product from an awesome company!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Meow since Aromaleigh went out of business awhile back. I tried all three formulas, but Flawless Feline seems best suited to my skin. I like medium to full coverage, and if my skin is behaving, FF delivers. I've been struggling with hormonal acne since going off the pill, and this definitely doesn't contribute to my skin problems. In fact, it probably saved my skin because wearing heavy liquid foundation every day to hide my hideousness wasn't letting my skin breathe. Even though this doesn't cover every little blemish/scar, it does make my skin look decent enough that I'm not insecure about it. I also love the it can hold up the extremes of my skin. I have normal to dry skin in the winter, and oily to really oily skin in the summer. One of the biggest perks I've found is their amazing range of shades! I'm fair but really yellow, and Meow has given me the best color match so far (I use Naughty Angora). I've been through one of their munchkin sizes, and after using it up, I repurchased but in the full size. I love how affordable Meow is! I've been using the full size since July 2012, and I have more than half left after using it every single day. I wouldn't go so far as to say this is my HG, but because it works for me and is affordable, I don't really have the desire to look for anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

at last a make up that doesnt irritate or clog my pores! i have searched and wasted so much time and money with other make up brands and finally my search is over! I do have to admit that it is quite a journey finding the right shade for yourself because there are so many choices.....all my live i thought i was a yellow skin type because it was always pink or yellow undertones....with this foundation i was able to find out i am a yellow neutral peachy kind of tone....haha! it took some mixing and matching and i finally found the combination for me is frisky siamese and naughty manx or ambyssian! the cat named foundation colors does get overwhelming at first but it is all worth it for clear skin! the only negative i would say is that if you apply this all crazy a huge powder cloud will have you all choked up....be careful not to constantly inhale this stuff...anyways...i wuld suggest for a mixture between the flawless feline and pampered puss for the perfect consistancy because the flawless feline alone might get a bit too powdery if not applyed just right.....and let me jsut say that all mineral make up is not the same!!! this was the only one that didnt break me out one bit....Everyday Minerals broke me out like crazy! All in all i really like this company and i hope they never go out of business because i dont want to ever have to look for make up good enough for my skin ever again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by betriix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Update: I just wanted to add something. If you are a true Mac NC or C, none of Meow's shades are going to come close. Most of Meow's yellow based shades are unnatural. Abyssinian, Manx, and Angora are ridiculously yellow, and Chartreuse is extremely peachy. Korat will work well for some, but it has a lot of olive, so if you're not olivey, you may be out of luck finding a truly natural shade.

Many of Meow's shades in general are unnatural. I have a friend with peach skin, for example, who is fair but very rosy. Naughty Persian is a good shade for her, but there is simply no way anyone could be, say, an Independent Persian (the deepest version of Persian) without looking like their face is bleeding. There's just only so dark that peach gets on human skin. So even though they have a million shades, there are not that many that will work on real skin.

So if you're going for something as close as possible to Mac NC or C, you will need to mix. Mixes that have worked well for me are:

Manx and Siamese (or Mau)
Chartreux and Abyssinian

If you think of Meow makeup as a paintbox of mixing colors (as I do), it can be really fun, and you can adjust your look regularly with the weather or mood. Just realize you might have a hard time finding one perfect color.

Previous Review:
I have spent the past year trying to find the perfect shade and formula of mineral foundation. I tried just about everything and was largely unsatisfied. I started thinking it was just me, and either my skin was too messed up to ever look nice, even in foundation, OR i was just neurotic and needed to move on to more important matters in life. Well, I have to say that I'm very glad I stuck it through, because I've finally found the most exquisite mineral makeup. I should mention that I tried Meow a few months back, but I couldn't get the shade down, so I gave up. Something inside said I needed to give it another go, and I'm so glad I did. My perfect match is half Frisky Siamese and half Naughty Manx. And for me what works best is a mix of Pampered and Flawless formulas. Pampered is lovely, but it really is pretty light on coverage. Mixing the two gives me an amazingly natural, radiant coverage. Finding the right color is so, so important, but you may have to work at it for a while. It's time consuming and somewhat expensive to keep ordering more samples, but once you nail your shade, it feels like a miracle. I know this sounds ridiculous, but it's literally changed my life and increased my overall sense of well-being. Every time I apply this, I am simply in awe. I never thought my skin could look like that. Now my biggest fear is that Meow will someday go out of business, and I'll be stuck without this!

There is one minor thing that bugs me about this line... The difference between the Frisky and Naughty shade depth is enormous. Other people have noted this too. I really wish they would remedy this, because I fall right between the two (as I'm sure many people do) and am unwilling to buy a third jar. Once you start mixing colors and formulations, and then need different depths for summer and winter, it can get really out of hand. There are ways to manage it though, and the payoff of having PERFECT foundation for your skin is worth the trouble to me. A good way to fix a too-light shade is to buy samples of the darkest shade (Independent), and add in small amounts. That way you're using almost pure pigment. You can do this with the same color, or you can add in other colors. You can even purposely buy a color in a slightly too light shade, so that you can alter the color with a second shade in Independent. I'm not doing this with my Siamese/Manx blend, because I also want the Pampered/Flawless blend, so I have to buy two jars anyway.

Anyway, this stuff is amazing... !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I'll tell you, after eight years as a Bare Escentuals loyalist, I've made the jump. This is just so much better! Flawless Feline gives me way better coverage, and Sleek Siamese matches my skin tone like no other foundation shade I've ever used. Plus, when you buy the large jar, it's the same price as BE, but you get twice the product. It sucks to have to wait for it to arrive in the mail, but that's a small quibble. This is just a much better product and deal all around.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No