Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

3.8

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

on 2/2/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I tried samples from this site once before, and I wasn't really blown away with their foundation. My purpose of my first order was to get some of the -amazing- blushes after seeing beautiful swatches online. I got some face samples - just because.

My second time around, I figured I would give these a better shot. My tried and true foundation never really matched me, and I was tried of mixing to get my shade every single day. I needed something easier.

Firstly, their foundation charts are INSANE, in a good way! There are even foundation matches based from other brands, so transitioning is easier. Along with the detailed descriptions given, I pretty much had my shade from my first order! I love that your color has a shade range, so you can go lighter, or darker with ease. No more mixing (hopefully!). This site has the best shade range I've seen anywhere, in stores or online. I've also never had a foundation that actually matched ME before. I'm blown away by this! I'm neutral, leaning yellow, and Frisky Siamese is just right. Why did I gave up on this in my first order?!

For me, this has build-able coverage. Major acne scarring will not be covered up with one layer (at least mine won't). This has nothing to do with quality issues. I've used MM for years, from several brands, and layering for coverage has always been a must.
Layering is pretty easy, though, and it leaves out the need for concealer. I never feel like I have a heavy face, even after hours of wear. M

I also use dense kabuki brushes. The Eco Tools retractable (retracting it in can make this super dense when I need it), and the Eco Tools Bronzing Dome brush are both great. If you're looking for super full coverage, a dense brush is a must as well.

I do set with a pressed powder, or cornstarch, and this lasts until I wash it off. All day long! I've used this for about a week, and I'm sold.

My samples came in baggies, which are annoying, but cheap and functional - so whatever. The big jars look adorable on the site, so I will comment when mine comes!

There is a $10 minimum you have to spend on the site when you place an order. With a small company, I understand the need for that, but be warned. There is also a commit to order prompt that you must agree to, stating no changes can be made once the order goes through. I'm not sure why this policy is in place either, but the three times I have ordered, I've never encountered an issue.

on 1/20/2014 12:29:00 PM

ABOUT MY SKIN: I am extremely pale with minor skin problems including mild rosacea. I have this in Inquisitive Chartreux. I have combo skin, but my dry areas are very dry.

PACKAGE - This is a way bigger container than any other mineral foundation I've ever encountered! The design is a little quaint, but I like that. It comes in a cute bag too!

VALUE - Good grief!! I have had mine for over a year and I do not feel like I have used any of it. There is an inordinate amount of product for the money!

APPLICATION - I have applied this with several brushes and all of them have worked well with this foundation. The only thing I think is important to say about applying this product, is go light. This stuff will make you look like you have a pound of makeup on, even if you only put a tiny bit. Be careful!

WEAR - I don't use a primer, but I would suggest that most people should. It will last all day on my face, unless I touch it. In which case, I will remove some onto my finger where I rubbed/scratched my face.

FINISH - Very, extremely natural. This is one of the more natural looking products I have ever used, provided that you apply it lightly. There is very little to no shimmer and it seems to even and smooth out my face.

COLOR RANGE - This is where Meow has got it covered! The have more than 80 colors or something like that. If you are extremely pale and can't find any other suitable foundation, please try this! There are also several undertone options, which is great if you are on the extreme end of the color spectrum, because you can find a true match!!

FACIAL CARE - If you want to use this foundation, you have to ensure that you are exfoliated and moisturized or you will have a lot of problems with it.

IRRITATION - I am sensitive to almost everything I put on my skin. But even though this does contain mica, it has never been problematic for me. Other foundations have caused me to break out, but this one leaves my skin very healthy looking.

OVERALL - Get yourself some samples and fall in love with this foundation.

NOTE - I tried the lighter version of this foundation, Pampered Puss, and found that it was much more shimmery (which is not my personal preference.)

on 11/5/2013 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Meow's Flawless Feline is a very good, medium-to-full coverage loose powder foundation without bismuth and is therefore unlikely to cause skin irritation. It's comes in 86 shades; samples are available for $1 each to help you find your best shade. After a lot of trial and error, I found my shade in Frisky Sphynx (NW20). The powder adheres well to my angled kabuki, does not puff back at me, and provides a gorgeous, natural finish. After applying the rest of my makeup, I spray with a tiny bit of Fix+. With setting powder (Meow's Equilibrium Balancing Powder all over and MAC's blot powder on my forehead) I get through most of my day with a lovely finish and a few dabs of blotting paper around my nose at lunch. The foundation is not undetectable; you will look like you're wearing something on your face, but the ability to match your skin tone exactly means you'll look like a polished version of your best self.

With so many shades over three depths of coverage, it can be daunting to find your shade. If you're a bit of a perfectionist, patient, and realize that samples are a necessary evil, you should be able to find your perfect match. This is not an instant-gratification process but it's been worth it to me.

A warning about Meow's customer service policies, which you are asked to read before placing an order: there are no returns, exchanges, credits, or amendments to orders. Once you press that "pay" key, you're committed. I found this out the hard way. I'd be happier with friendlier customer service policies, but I the excellence of the product speaks for itself. Meow is generous with gift samples and the purchased samples, while small (1/4 tsp), are sufficient to let you make a decision about the shades. Although I love the powder itself, the lack of a twisty lid over the inner powder sifter is annoying and, along with the customer service policies, is why I deducted one lippy from my overall rating.

on 10/6/2013 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love Meow Cosmetics foundations! Flawless Feline is very full coverage and is very matte. After about 6 months of use (in combination with the OCM), my acne cleared up and I don't need full coverage anymore, so I've since switched to Pampered Puss (medium coverage) version. The price is great, lasts forever; only downside is finding the perfect shade when ordering online (you can get samples for $1 each, but I had to spend about $20 in samples to find a good shade for me). This has more coverage than the concealers they sell, so you may want to save $ by using this as concealer.

on 7/13/2013 7:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Didn't like this. Doesn't cover well no matter how much you put on especially blemishes which is the main reason is wear make up, is chalky and is pretty light in coverage. You would have to have pretty perfect skin to wear. Plus didnt like the concealer either. Sorry meow, i had high hopes for you. Wish it didnt contain Mica.

Edit: Made me break out! Waste of $$$$.

on 6/21/2013 2:23:00 PM

I love this for what it does NOT contain: no talc, bismuth oxychloride, or food starches.
The color choice is excellent and I love that there are multiple shades I match to. For $30 plus reasonable SH, I received a jar crammed full of powder-by volume, approximatively 1/2C.
When I finally run out, I will repurchase.

on 4/17/2013 8:55:00 PM

I've used this multiple times in the past but upon trying it again recently (after having used Pampered for a while), it is too chalky in texture and cakey in appearance. And with years of problem skin, I am well-accustomed to cake. Perhaps it's my skin (am not oily) but this really accentuates pores and looks terrible after a few hours. And yes, shipping is ridiculously slow. But the color selection is excellent and the coverage is very good.

on 3/13/2013 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have gone through so many foundations out there, from the high end (Lancome, Estee Lauder, MAC, etc.) to the cheap end (Coty, Wet-N-Wild, etc.), and even though a lot of them seem to be HG at the time, I always ended up getting frustrated or disappointed with the results, or the price! Since my face will no longer tolerate liquid foundation, I went back to Bare Minerals. Even though I was using the Matte formula, it gave me horrible cystic acne on my chin! WTH?? So I researched mineral foundations here on MUA, and after reading the reviews, I decided I would try Meow Cosmetics. After reviewing the foundations on their website, I emailed them my questions about what foundation would work best for me, and I received a very nice reply with some suggestions. I then ordered samples from all three formulas of various colors in my range (NW20, Fairly Medium), and I found a perfect match that makes me look, well, Flawless - Frisky Syphnx in Flawless Feline. It makes my skin look like my skin only better! It blends nicely, feels like nothing at all, it doesn't cake or settle into my lines, and it may not hide all the redness, but it makes my skin look good and healthy. Flawless is the heavier of the formulas, but it looks good, and that makes me happy! And I haven't had any cystic acne since I have been using this foundation! If I do have a pimple (stupid period!), I put the foundation on, then dab a little bit of the Meow concealor, which is awesome too, and it fades away. The price you pay for the full size foundation is a steal! The jar is huge and it will last me a good long while. I am so very, very happy that I tried Meow, and I will definitely repurchase! An awesome product from an awesome company!

on 2/21/2013 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been using Meow since Aromaleigh went out of business awhile back. I tried all three formulas, but Flawless Feline seems best suited to my skin. I like medium to full coverage, and if my skin is behaving, FF delivers. I've been struggling with hormonal acne since going off the pill, and this definitely doesn't contribute to my skin problems. In fact, it probably saved my skin because wearing heavy liquid foundation every day to hide my hideousness wasn't letting my skin breathe. Even though this doesn't cover every little blemish/scar, it does make my skin look decent enough that I'm not insecure about it. I also love the it can hold up the extremes of my skin. I have normal to dry skin in the winter, and oily to really oily skin in the summer. One of the biggest perks I've found is their amazing range of shades! I'm fair but really yellow, and Meow has given me the best color match so far (I use Naughty Angora). I've been through one of their munchkin sizes, and after using it up, I repurchased but in the full size. I love how affordable Meow is! I've been using the full size since July 2012, and I have more than half left after using it every single day. I wouldn't go so far as to say this is my HG, but because it works for me and is affordable, I don't really have the desire to look for anything else.

on 1/15/2013 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

at last a make up that doesnt irritate or clog my pores! i have searched and wasted so much time and money with other make up brands and finally my search is over! I do have to admit that it is quite a journey finding the right shade for yourself because there are so many choices.....all my live i thought i was a yellow skin type because it was always pink or yellow undertones....with this foundation i was able to find out i am a yellow neutral peachy kind of tone....haha! it took some mixing and matching and i finally found the combination for me is frisky siamese and naughty manx or ambyssian! the cat named foundation colors does get overwhelming at first but it is all worth it for clear skin! the only negative i would say is that if you apply this all crazy a huge powder cloud will have you all choked up....be careful not to constantly inhale this stuff...anyways...i wuld suggest for a mixture between the flawless feline and pampered puss for the perfect consistancy because the flawless feline alone might get a bit too powdery if not applyed just right.....and let me jsut say that all mineral make up is not the same!!! this was the only one that didnt break me out one bit....Everyday Minerals broke me out like crazy! All in all i really like this company and i hope they never go out of business because i dont want to ever have to look for make up good enough for my skin ever again