New York Color Ultra Moist Wear Chiffon

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

when i first saw the product i thought it would be a soft pigmented light pink, but when i put it on it my lips looked like a disco ball, i hated it at first but now i found a way to work with it, i just put powder over my lips first then put the lipstick on top and that made it look more wearable, but still really frosty. he packaging annoys me cuz the cap is really hard to take off and the product dosnt go all the way down so i chipped it a little when taking off the cap. On the good side, its very moisturizing, i dont mind the smell but the staying power is horrible, it moves around right befoe my eyes when i apply it infront of the mirror. I'm obviously gonna use it since i already bought it but i will not repurchase, i'm not that angry cuz it was only 2$ and this was kinda predictable, but if ths was like 10 or 6$ i'd scream!

on 7/12/2011 12:19:00 PM

This product has no staying power. Even with several swipes it's gone within the hour. This particular shade is very frosty and looks better in the package than it does on my lips.

on 6/20/2011 5:01:00 PM

I am very impressed by this lipstick, in fact I LOVE it!!! I bought this lipstick after watching a Kandee Johnson tutorial. I have always loved frosty lips, and for the price I figured I would give this a try. It is great I love the color, and I also love the smell. This lipstick feels moistorizing, and does not make my lips chapped, which many lipsticks do. I do wish the color had a little more staying power, but I will be buying it again. Highly reccomended, it is a super fun color, that can work for fair and tan skin tones!!!

on 11/17/2010 10:17:00 PM

I have several other NYC colors, particularly Retro Red, which is my signature, thus HG, red color. So when I wanted a light pink shimmer color I decided to try this and it did NOT DISAPPOINT!! Very sheer pink which looks great with a heavy eye. Excellent price at around $1 - $1.50 at Target. Pretty good staying power. You cant beat it for the price. Cant seem to find anything else comparable. Last time I checked I had 3 tubes of it. When I find something I like I buy multiples because I'm afraid they will discontinue. If you want a very sheer, shimmery light pink to wear with a smokey eye and you want a cheap price, this baby is IT!!

on 11/9/2010 12:47:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the color-a super pale pink with a bit of frost. It doesn't go on very pigmented the first time however, and I like that because I can use it almost as a gloss to go with a smokey eye. I don't like this on it's own however, its too pale and washes me out. Its absolutely sexy with a smokey eye however, and I bought it to do a Kim Kardashian makeup look and it works just great. It was also only 1.50 Canadian with tax.

Although I love the color with a smokey eye their is a rather unpleasent smell when I first open the tube of lipstick, smells almost plastic-y It goes away after about 10 minutes of applying the color but it is very noticable and if smelly lipsticks bother you I'd suggest staying away from this.

This is a very pale lilac/pink shade. If you have a deeper skin tone I'd steer clear of this because although it is sheer it would probably look ghostly. If you have pale or fair skin this might suit you.

on 9/3/2010 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this lipstick. I can't find another shade even similar to it, which makes me sad. -1 lippie for the staying power. Lasts only a few hours, but for $1 I don't mind reapplying it. I went back to my local drug store and bought 8 more of them. I'm just sad I can't find a similar color with longer staying power! :(

on 8/28/2010 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I loved this lipstick. It's very frosty so it makes my light skin look tan-er. I also like the color, it's a white-ish baby pink

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I thought this would be a nice color on my lips, but the fact is the color is awful. It's so frosty and packed of shimmers. Worst lip product I ever bought. This makes my lips so dry and doesn't goes with anything. It could go as a gloss but will not recommend this and will not buy this again!

on 7/25/2010 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved this product when i first got it.....but then i realized that it was only going on certain parts of my lips...i dont know why i cant seem to get it right! But it is tooooo shimmery for me anyway. I am glad for the people who like it though, i wish that it was a little more of a nude color.!

on 7/10/2010 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

A nice cool pink with shimmer. A little too frosty and cool for me but I will keep it for my cooler toned clients. Worth trying for the price!

Recommended for Medium Skin