October 1, 2014 | 1809 users online

Foundations - Avene - High Protection Tinted Compact SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I am so happy with this product, and am almost kicking myself for not having tried this years ago when I first came by it. I'm Asian, with sensitive skin that's clear (my only frustration is blackheads, which have recently been annihilated by another Avene product, Cleanance K), and very oily. The women in my family have traditionally kept beautiful skin, thanks to good skin regimens and avoidance of sun. I'm not a huge outdoors girl myself, but I do recognize the need of daily sun protection and have purchased many an SPF product to keep wrinkles and early aging signs at bay.

Most SPF products, however, have disappointed me in that while they do offer protection, they cast a sheer white glow over my skin, or they're not very makeup friendly. My most recent discovery has been a Neutrogena product, which has been the best so far, but sometimes it still feels heavy - like one more layer on my skin, which, on a daily basis, sees moisturizer, primer, liquid foundation and powder.

So to come across a cream to powder SPF (and in 50, no less!) in foundation form seems like a godsend. And while it only comes in two shades, I'm quite surprised at how well the Sable/Beige shade blends into my NC25 skin. It looks so mocha brown (with a splash of orange) in its container, yet it applies soft, sandy, and much more yellow than the compact would have you believe. Also, I traditionally stay away from cream foundations (my skin is that much of an oily canvas), but this dries so nicely that there's not a hint of grease on my face. Keep note, however, that I do still apply a light dusting of powder (Benefit Hello Flawless) over it.

For about $30 CDN, it's absolutely worth it. I love knocking out that one extra step of liquid SPF. It looks beautifully natural and luminous, and my skin is protected, to boot.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by sissy20allen

In my opinion this product is a very good finding...it's the best sollution for summer vacations.Basically I bought it from drugstore (03 Beige sable) as I wanted to try a compact make up,because I had never used one before.When I used it I was sure I made the right option.It satisfied all the needs of my face.The colour was perfect for me (medium) and it gave me both a tanned look at day on the beach and a more luminous look at night.It covers pretty well spots or scars.especially my clear forehead looked very nice with it.I was in despair before vacations because I didn't know how my make up would last at sea.I put it on and went to sea with my friends.I had a very good sun kissed look and despite we were playing for hours in the water and we were diving when I got out of the sea and took a look at myself it was there...almost the same when I wore that.I couldn't believe it!Neither my friends...It didn't irritate my skin at all.of course after sunbathing i felt some ''draughts'' but it's reasonal to feel like this after sea water and sun bathing...Although it's compact it doesn't dry skin at all.It's a very good investment and I would recommend it to everyone!!!If you want a perfect complexion use a little powder above it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Peaches27

So glad I decided to take the plung and get this stuff. It's probably a little too early to tell, and i tend to write reviews too quickly but i always come back and change it if the product doesn't end up working. i think this could be holy grail status...we shall see. it has a very nice, natural finish and hasn't broken me out yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 9:16:00 AM More reviews by MakeupGalinCO

Just got this stuff a few weeks ago thanks to all of you here and I truly love it, love everything about it. So far, an GH foundation for me. Hopefully it stays that way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Carrol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product, as there are not a lot of SPF50 products out there that can double as a makeup/foundation. Unfortunately, with my oily skin and large pores, this product was a mess. I was oily within 15 minutes of putting it on, and even minutes after application, all I could see were the pores on my nose just screaming at me. I suppose I could have applied powder over everything, but I found the consistency a little heavy - it would have been miserable with powder over it, especially on a warm day. So far, my best bet for SPF and colour is still Shiseido Sun Block Compact SPF32.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by tashak

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to hate any kind of sunscreen, and I don't wear foundation, but before a trip that required serious sunscreen (outdoors, near the equator) I added this to a beauty.com order on impulse. (Well, I did check out the reviews here...)
Thanks for the reviews, everyone...it is a winner!

I don't use it all over my face-- too much coverage for me. BUT I love to use it to touch up after applying lotion sunscreen (Isomers SPF 20). While I actually love the Isomers texture and look on most of my face, I still feel the need to "powder" down my nose and chin. The Avene compact is PERFECT for this. It is matte, it adds a bit more coverage and reduces redness, and it ups the SPF factor on areas which always get more sun from those reflections off sunglasses. I really depend on this now!

Haven't had any breakouts, and I love the compact, with it's separate place for the sponge applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by cad82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is a great compact! gives just the right coverage and does not clog my skin up at all... perfect for sensitive skin. after using all sorts of high-end compacts i am happy to stick to this cream foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 7:47:00 PM More reviews by didi83

I have it in Sable/Honey...I love it...The color is perfect, I use it all year long. It looks natural, gives medium coverage, and doesnt clog pores (an trust me my skin breaks out easily) and is not drying or too greasy. This is my HG...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2007 5:53:00 AM More reviews by missy24680

Amazing beach product. light to medium coverage, great SPF.
If you need makeup on the beach this is the only way you should go. It doesnt make you break out and it look very natural in daylight.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2007 10:25:00 PM More reviews by veroP

This product is great. Looks very natural,does not break me out nor
irritates my very sensitive skin. Comfortable to wear every day.
Easy to put on pretty sheer coverage but this is what I was looking for!
I love it!!!