mark Powder Buff powder foundation

3.9

Mica, Nylon-12, Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Stearate, Benzophenone-3, Silica, Dimethicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Kaolin, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Squalane, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Methicone Crosspolymer, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Cyclodextrin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Methicone, Lauryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc PCA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride.

I love this foundation! I've used this exclusively for a few years now in both Ivory and Nude. The coverage is teriffic, even when I'm breaking out. The two lightest colors that they offer are great for my super light skin. You can't tell I have foundation on at all. And the price is around $12 I think. I used to use Sephora's powder foundation and I have found that the Mark foundation is just as good for half the price. I only like powder foundation and have tried to find the perfect one for a long time. This is definitely it.

on 6/23/2011 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I absolutely loved this product at first, but after using it for a while have decided to write an extensive review on both its ups and downs- both of which it has.

This opens up and has a mirror on the other side of the compact, like most do, but if you open up more it comes with a sponge and a small space to store it. I haven't used the sponge so I can't comment on it. This pressed powder foundation is super easy to use- when applied with a kabuki or a flat top brush, I've experienced same results. The coverage can be layered from light to heavy, and it doesn't look cakey when used heavily. It feels nice on the skin and seems to completely blur imperfections. It goes on totally matte with no shimmer and seems to keep my face matte for roughly 3-4 hours depending on weather, humidity, etc.

However, that's where most of the pros end. I got this in the shade buff, which is a yellow-toned pale shade because I am half asian. It looked great at first when I went out the door, but by lunch time one day I checked out my face in the car mirror and was horrified. On me (I have oily, acne prone and clog prone skin) it had oxidized to a yellow-orange color that wasn't able to be blended out. I was really embarrassed and couldn't wait to get home to wash it off. It also looked very cakey in the areas that crease often, such as around my nose and around my smile lines.

So, overall this is a really nice powder foundation with great coverage, but it just is not for me. If you are very fair or very dark I'd say this product will probably work for you, assuming this will be used in hot or warm weather such as when I used it. But if you are any shade in between, I'd steer clear. For this reason I won't repurchase.

on 5/8/2011 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this powder foundation! It seems to last forever and keeps my oily nose looking matte without feeling cakey. My only complaint is the colour selection. I got honey and its a bit too orangey on me.

on 4/17/2011 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have normal skin and I have to say this powder foundation only looks good if its used alone. over any liquid foundation it looks too cakey. also its easy for it to look cakey. the color i got was a perfect match but throught out the day it oxidized AND I HATED THAT. wouldn't repurcahse. but for $10 bucks it was meh. definitely NOT comparable to mac studio fix powder foundation. i would say its better for summer time use and those with oily skin. dry skin people steer clear!

on 3/25/2011 10:36:00 PM

I really like this powder foundation. Fast and easy to apply and yellow toned. Not very finely milled like other powders I've tried, but not bad at all. I have fair to medium very yellow toned skin. Some parts of my face, like more forehead, are darker than other parts. I believe the darker parts of my face are somewhere around a C3 or C4 in MAC. The lighter parts of my face are somewhere around NC25. I've never had anyone at MAC match me in a way that I've been completely happy with, so these matches were just okay. I purchased this foundation in Buff Skin, which was VERY yellow. It matches the darker parts of my face very well, but not the lighter parts. And since my neck and chest are even lighter than the lightest parts of my face, this particular shade didn't work for me. I could probably get away with it, and most others would probably not notice my face being a bit darker than the rest of me. But I've since found a better match in a different brand (Prestige Wet Dry Powder in Wheat). It may do well if I darken up more this summer. This powder covers pretty well. I'd say it gives at least medium coverage when using a dry sponge and more sheer when using a brush. I apply this dry and use a flocked sponge to apply to the areas that need heavier coverage and then I use a powder brush for the rest of my face. I don't think it's heavy enough to cover dark circles or hyperpigmentation. But used over concealer, it's great. Very easy and fast application. My nose does shine up after a little while, but I found that I only needed to retouch there once throughout the day. I'm not very oily anymore, so I don't know how it holds up to that. But I will say I wore it all day, several days in a row to a hot and humid theme park and it stayed put despite my sweat/oil. I'd love to try the next lightest shade, but Mark's customer service absolutely sucks and I'm not willing to deal with that again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i normally dont like pressed powders anymore just beacuse they can cake up pretty easily ( love loose powders) but for touch ups it's good because you can throw it in your purse and not worry about it making a mess. i got this in golden honey i believe and i like that it's smooth but it is way to dark for me so maybe i will try again in the summer when darker. as of right now im not using it so its just been sitting there in my organizer. doesnt help with oil either. so instead of giving it a 2 i give it a 3 because it didnt break me out while i was using. i think its just ok.

on 3/5/2011 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This powder foundation is the best I have ever used, including department store brands. It is sheer but offers good coverage and feels lightweight on your face. Using my Mark concealer brush it also works perfectly as a concealer, hiding blemishes and imperfections. At the end of the day my face still looks clean and fresh with this product. I am so pleased I tried it.. so long, Clin**que!

on 2/26/2011 4:33:00 PM

O.k.... I'm officially in love! I bought this product in hopes of replacing my mineral makeup routine. I use EDM... usually I use 2 of their concealing powders along with the foundation. Which is a lot of work, and it usually wares off within a couple of hours on my skin! I tried this for the first time today... it's AMAZING!!! Gives awesome coverage without having to apply layers of different products. It's perfect for a busy mom.... just sweep it on and you're good to go! It also seems to last longer than EDM (for me)... Yay!! Try it, you won't be sorry!

on 2/26/2011 4:01:00 PM

Not for oil control, use matte-nificent, I use this as a powder to set my foundation and it works nicely, my face doesn't look chalky or powdery at all, it blends really well.

on 2/6/2011 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I use this along with my sheer cover when I need a heavier coverage. Very light and doesn't make my skin feel oily by the end of the day. I use mocha skin and find it slightly orange but for my skin tone its this shade or shade up that makes me look palish. For lighter coverage I use a brush with this because I find it a bit heavy handed with the sponge it comes with. Price is very reasonable I am quite happy with the Avon Mark line of cosmetics.