April 16, 2014 | 1992 users online

Powder - mark - Powder Buff powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by nadia77

I love this powder foundation! It seems to last forever and keeps my oily nose looking matte without feeling cakey. My only complaint is the colour selection. I got honey and its a bit too orangey on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Hollypolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I have normal skin and I have to say this powder foundation only looks good if its used alone. over any liquid foundation it looks too cakey. also its easy for it to look cakey. the color i got was a perfect match but throught out the day it oxidized AND I HATED THAT. wouldn't repurcahse. but for $10 bucks it was meh. definitely NOT comparable to mac studio fix powder foundation. i would say its better for summer time use and those with oily skin. dry skin people steer clear!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by TLord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder foundation. Fast and easy to apply and yellow toned. Not very finely milled like other powders I've tried, but not bad at all. I have fair to medium very yellow toned skin. Some parts of my face, like more forehead, are darker than other parts. I believe the darker parts of my face are somewhere around a C3 or C4 in MAC. The lighter parts of my face are somewhere around NC25. I've never had anyone at MAC match me in a way that I've been completely happy with, so these matches were just okay. I purchased this foundation in Buff Skin, which was VERY yellow. It matches the darker parts of my face very well, but not the lighter parts. And since my neck and chest are even lighter than the lightest parts of my face, this particular shade didn't work for me. I could probably get away with it, and most others would probably not notice my face being a bit darker than the rest of me. But I've since found a better match in a different brand (Prestige Wet Dry Powder in Wheat). It may do well if I darken up more this summer. This powder covers pretty well. I'd say it gives at least medium coverage when using a dry sponge and more sheer when using a brush. I apply this dry and use a flocked sponge to apply to the areas that need heavier coverage and then I use a powder brush for the rest of my face. I don't think it's heavy enough to cover dark circles or hyperpigmentation. But used over concealer, it's great. Very easy and fast application. My nose does shine up after a little while, but I found that I only needed to retouch there once throughout the day. I'm not very oily anymore, so I don't know how it holds up to that. But I will say I wore it all day, several days in a row to a hot and humid theme park and it stayed put despite my sweat/oil. I'd love to try the next lightest shade, but Mark's customer service absolutely sucks and I'm not willing to deal with that again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by CocoChaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i normally dont like pressed powders anymore just beacuse they can cake up pretty easily ( love loose powders) but for touch ups it's good because you can throw it in your purse and not worry about it making a mess. i got this in golden honey i believe and i like that it's smooth but it is way to dark for me so maybe i will try again in the summer when darker. as of right now im not using it so its just been sitting there in my organizer. doesnt help with oil either. so instead of giving it a 2 i give it a 3 because it didnt break me out while i was using. i think its just ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by dianacarroll

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This powder foundation is the best I have ever used, including department store brands. It is sheer but offers good coverage and feels lightweight on your face. Using my Mark concealer brush it also works perfectly as a concealer, hiding blemishes and imperfections. At the end of the day my face still looks clean and fresh with this product. I am so pleased I tried it.. so long, Clin**que!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by michellemk

O.k.... I'm officially in love! I bought this product in hopes of replacing my mineral makeup routine. I use EDM... usually I use 2 of their concealing powders along with the foundation. Which is a lot of work, and it usually wares off within a couple of hours on my skin! I tried this for the first time today... it's AMAZING!!! Gives awesome coverage without having to apply layers of different products. It's perfect for a busy mom.... just sweep it on and you're good to go! It also seems to last longer than EDM (for me)... Yay!! Try it, you won't be sorry!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not for oil control, use matte-nificent, I use this as a powder to set my foundation and it works nicely, my face doesn't look chalky or powdery at all, it blends really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Nat360

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this along with my sheer cover when I need a heavier coverage. Very light and doesn't make my skin feel oily by the end of the day. I use mocha skin and find it slightly orange but for my skin tone its this shade or shade up that makes me look palish. For lighter coverage I use a brush with this because I find it a bit heavy handed with the sponge it comes with. Price is very reasonable I am quite happy with the Avon Mark line of cosmetics.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Madmakeupman

super good! i love the way it covers and i love the finish look of it. i have super oily skin and i only haft to do a touch up once a day... that is pretty good for how oily my skin is. the only thing is it is a heavy coverage makeup, i am used to a light coverage ( almost translucent powder) i use liquid to cover and powder to set. so it took me a while to get used to the heavy coverage of this powder. but now i have used i for a long time and i am loveing it. if you are looking for a powder with a good coverage and a nice finish or to help with your oils this is a realy good powder for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim and I cannot say anything negative about it. The coverage is buildable and my sensitive skin loves this stuff, definitely worth buying it again, at $10.00 CD it's definitely worth it.