April 16, 2014 | 1991 users online

Lash Treatments - RevitaLash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Can I give it 6 lippies? I love, love, love when I find a product that does what it says it does AND is easy to use. I didn't have shorties to start with, just average lashes. Average volume. On a lark, I decided to try this out. I'm so happy I did!

I noticed growth after about a week, as another reviewer did. I'm approximately 2 months on and I have these really long lashes. Warning: no one told me when they get really long that they can get unruly. They can! I wish I could get them to all fan perfectly out like falsies but this is not now my natural lashes are. Not an issue for Revitalash but it's something the major length / growth I experienced from Revitalash has caused. I still continue to use it daily (because with these results, I cannot forget!)...I was thinking to cut down to every other day for maintenance. I think I read that somewhere but not sure now.

I am comparing my length and my look to how I looked when I wore extensions. For the record, I spent a year and a half wearing those extensions. Not like the Kardashians crazy thick but nonetheless, the stuff made an impact. That said, every 3rd week I needed to fix them/fill up the gaps. In terms of length, I am now very close naturally in terms of length to the extensions. Obviously not in terms of volume because with extensions, they are thicker. But unlike the falsies, I don't have to worry about how I remove my eye makeup and which makeup I apply, I don't have to fill these up every 3 weeks and occasionally take a break because my own lashes are being suffocated. Also, from an economic perspective, it basically means the Revitalash is WAY cheaper than every so often a new set of falsies and the every 3rd week maintenance cost. Doesn't even compare.

I really recommend this product. I couldn't be more happy with the results (other than having my lashes do something no lashes do in real life!).

I heard good things about their mascara as well - might give it a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by jbschott

I have been using Revitalash for 3 weeks & have definitely noticed a significant difference in the length of my eyelashes. I began to notice a difference after about 1 week of use. I waited to write a review to make sure the change was real. My husband even noticed my lashes are a lot longer. They are so long, in fact, I am considering using the product every other day so as not to have circus lashes ;)

I am very well pleased by how well & how fast this product worked. I read the reviews on this site before purchasing it & was not disappointed!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Neemy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first review on MakeupAlley, but I just had to give props to this product!

I wanted to try Latisse, but I had no insurance at the time. I saw the reviews on this site and decided to give Revitalash a go. I took some before pictures the first day I applied it, and have yet to take the after pics. I will try to remember to post them here once I do.

The short version of my review (because I can be very wordy): This product is a WIN.

My lashes used to be naturally long when I was in my teens and twenties, but I found that they seem to be getting shorter and sparser as I get older (I'm 42, now). Revitalash took little over a month or so for me to tell a difference by touch alone, and now starting my 3rd month, the difference is quite visible.

I have gotten so many comments on my eyes since Revitalash began to kick in and I think it's because now my light blue-green eyes really stand out with longer and darker lashes. I was at Sephora the other day getting a quick makeover, and the girl told me I had amazing lashes. I wasn't even wearing mascara! I told her about Revitalash, and she said she's been using Latisse for months, but after seeing my lashes, she's going to give that a try. The Latisse was making some of her lashes fall out.

I don't know if this product is supposed to darken lashes, like Latisse does. I believe (I'd have to check again) that it *is* marketed to produce darker lashes, but I can say from my own experience that my lashes are much darker than the very light brown that they were, before. It finally hit that this stuff was working when I found myself frustrated that my trusty eye-makeup remover was not removing my mascara at the end of the day, then I felt my lashes and took a good look and realized I was seeing my actual - clean - lashes, no mascara!

My individual lashes are also much stronger-feeling, and definitely not as baby-fine and soft as they were; before. I can go without mascara. Sometimes when doing my makeup, I have forgotten to put it on, LOL. And the length, WOW. If I press them back to my eyelid to check, they fall just a bit short of my eyebrow arch. What's especially pleasing is that the lashes at the outer corner that were so short and hard to reach with a mascara wand are now long!

I am also noticing my lashes have curl to them, now. I wasn't expecting that, but it's a nice surprise!

I have not had any allergic reaction, no change in eye color, no skin-darkening, no adverse effects at all. Of course, your results may vary, but for me, it's been a very comfortable experience.

The "cons"

Something that could potentially be a problem is the tube it comes in. I rated packaging a 3 because, though I've not had the problem, I can see it happening at some point because I'm a klutz. If this tube gets knocked over, the liquid will spill out. A pricey mistake if it happens! It would be nice if the tube had some sort of "spill proof" aspect to it.

The only other "con" I can think of is the price. While cheaper than Latisse (though now that I have insurance, it may be the other way around, if my insurance covers Latisse). Still, I got Revitalash on ebay for around $75, and the tube I bought is still half full (I'm an optimist!), after using once a night for over 2 months. A little goes a long way, and when you break it down monthly, it's really not too bad.

To sum up: love, love, love! I just hope I don't spill it!

Edit: just added before and after pics. The quality of the before pictures is really grainy, but you can see the change very well. And I had zero makeup on in all pics!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by arayesh

This product is amazing.I used a lot of different like loreal but didn't effect.I got perfect result.I introduce to my friend and they were satisfied 100%.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by AngelaywHo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I always have short lashes for my entire life and Revitalash delivered what it promised! Although my lashes are still not long compare to a lot of people, it has definitely got longer!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product once daily since early September and have seen an improvement in the length and thickness of my lashes. I have sparse, medium length wispy lashes naturally and have been hoping for a boost in lash fullness. So far it seems like Revitalash is delivering!

The difference so far isn't all that obvious when my lashes are bare. I can see some difference if I look closely, but nothing comparable to what a coat of a good mascara will do. I can definitely notice one when I apply my mascara though. I haven't quite reached false lash territory, but my lashes look at least 50% longer and 50% fuller using the same mascara I've been using for the past 6 months. Being able to get noticeably more dramatic results without caking on extra mascara is fantastic. The combined result of my current mascara (Cover Girl Lash Perfection) and Revitalash looks better than any mascara that I've ever tried. And I've certainly tried many, both from drugstore and high end brands. I'm hoping that my lashes will continue to grow if I keep this up as I'm not satisfied quite yet, but so far the results are very promising!

Another great thing about this product is that it works well on your brows too. My right eyebrow has always been shorter on the outer tail than I'd like it to be (it stopped at least .25-.5 of an inch shorter than on the left side) and both brows are a little sparser than I'd like at the ends. I've been applying Revitalash to areas where I'd like my brows to be and I've been getting new hair growth in those spots. This benefit can also be a bit of a challenge though as it means you need to be really careful about where you apply Revitalash on your eye lid. Keep the line as close to your lashline and apply as finely as you can manage. I've seen a few new lashes pop up a little further up my lid (not *far* up my lid, but enough to be visibly separate from my lashline), no doubt as a result from times where I've been a little sloppy in my application. This isn't a big deal, as they plucked right out and probably wouldn't have been noticeable in the first place if I didn't spend time using a magnifying mirror on a regular basis when I pluck my brows. But it's something I thought I should note.

I haven't noticed any difference in the color of my lashes or any change in the curl. My lashes are naturally dark anyway and I always use an eyelash curler so this isn't a big deal to me.

This product is easy to apply, especially if you're familiar with applying liquid eyeliner as the process is similar. The applicator is a fine tipped brush, and you just apply a fine line to the base of your lashes. I haven't experienced any side effects. No itching. No burning. No stinging. No discoloration of either the skin around my eyes or my irises. Haven't noticed my lashes falling out any more than they might normally. I apply it once daily at night time, which is how the manufacturer suggested it be done. I apply it before any eye cream and then just wait about 5 minutes for it to dry before I apply any moisturizers.

My only real complaint about this product is the tube. I wish it were easier to tell how much product you have in there. I've used it daily for 2 months and while I think I have plenty left I have no idea. I wish it were easier to judge how full my tube is so I don't worry about running out unexpectedly. The product is also pretty expensive, though I'm not sure what the real retail price is. I'm lucky in that I have a friend who works at a spa and had access to a full-size sample tube which she kindly sent my way. I'm not sure I would have given this a try had I not been able to test it out for free. $75-$100 is a lot to spend if there's no guarantee that something will work as well as you want it to. Now that I've tried it, I'd happily pay full price for my next tube as I think the results are worth it.

Whew! This was a long review, but I hope it's been helpful to anyone who is considering trying this product but is afraid to take the leap! I've never tried any other comparable products so I can't compare its effectiveness to anything else, but on its own I think it's pretty great!

Update: I'm on week 14 and am even more thrilled with this product! My lashes look amazing. Here are some before and after photos of my lashes. The first picture is of my bare lashes in early September. The second picture is of my lashes the last week of November without mascara, and the third picture is of my lashes with a coat of mascara.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by xPINKBEARx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! I suffer from occasional trichotillomania (where I pull out my eyelashes) and used this stuff to help grow them back in time for my wedding. I used it for probably 6 months and it definitely worked. My eyelashes were much longer - and stronger! Only downside is the price for me, but the tube lasts a long time since I was only applying it once a day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow, i didnt think this would work but after reading a bunch of reviews i tried this. my puny, sparse, straight asain lashes grew probebely about 75% longer after using this for a couple months. i loved it. downside: i got the red rim around my eyes so i looked like death without make up on. also, its not tested on pregnant women, so i stopped using it when i had my first baby, and im on my second baby now. after i finish breastfeeding the second one, ill pick up revitalash again. i just don't want to use it during, since it hasnt been tested. really great stuff tho, it really does what it's supposed to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on my second tube of this. It really does work! I've had to stop using it on my lower lashes because they were looking kind of weird being so long, and my upper lashes are lush and long. I had a bit of a bald patch on one of my upper lash lines, but I can't remember which one now because it's totally evened out. Also, I have to curl my lashes now to make sure they don't tangle up with the bottom lashes, that's how long they are now. Definitely a product worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by LaraD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Revitalash while I still had in my eyelash extensions. I started using revitalash probably 2-3 times a day to get my natural lashes healthy and long again. At first I saw no difference, and I even experienced some irritation around my eye area after using it. After 1 month I started to use the product just twice a day. I think applying too much of this product started to affect my vision poorly too. Every so often I would get some in my eye, which stings, but was always OK. 2 months- no noticeable difference. Now it has been 3 months and I took off my eyelash extensions about 1 month ago. FINALLY, I have noticed that my natural lashes are longer, healthier and fuller!! This product definitely takes awhile before the benefits kick in. To think that I used triple more than the recommended usage, and it has taken this long for me to see any effects- but in the end it REALLY does work! However, I do notice that I have lots of little fuzzies growing in and around the crease of my eye where I didn't use to have any hair. Use with caution.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No