November 26, 2014 | 975 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by honu66

I bought mine at a buy one, get one at 50% off, and bought it in light medium. I actually was pleasantly suprised at how it made my wrinkles and pores seem less visible. It actually does. It powders up a bit when you swirl a brush in it, but it's the only way I apply it. I apply it after makeup and it seems to make my wrinkles and pores less noticeable. I have only used it a few times, but so far, I am liking the effects of it. I just may purchase again, when PF is offerring a sale! :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by meitis

I have not used this enough to give it a true review, so I will come back to update.
I've tried this for about 50mins just because I really wanted to see how it would look/feel
First impression as of now:

Pros
Very smooth to the touch
Smooth to appearance
Not chalky looking on skin
Buildable coverage?
Doesn't settle into fine lines

Cons
Itchy/slight sting
provided brush not so good

*After trying this product more, and also using my makeup brush I will come back to update.

*I believe the itching it coming from the awful brush it is supplied with.
It's nice looking and small but I really think it is causing my itching/slight sting.

It's a bit too pricey, but I believe It will last me a while.
I think it would have been better 2bucks cheaper.

UPDATE: Sorry PF!! This stuff is horrible for me! May be good for some but for me this appeared way too chalky-like, which is really unattractive. It says it's buildable but it really isn't. Not on my skin anyhow! I thought it was good at first but realize my first application was applied under poor lighting.
I tried my favorite brush and it actually made it look worse..more chalky!
I really wanted to like this. But I guess it's just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by makeupsmad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised to see all the negative comments on this product. I, too, was sucked in by the ridiculous pictures and claims on the box and had to try it. I normally steer clear of powders because I haven't had much luck. They either look like flour on my skin, they dry my face out and make me more oily, or settle into my fine lines. I bought this as another attempt at a powder because I do like what powder can do when it works right. I have to say this product delivers. Regardless of what makes it look good on the skin or if it's really delivering help with wrinkles, it still makes my face look very even without being cakey and doesn't dry me out or settle into lines. I am relatively fair skinned and the medium was fine for me. It was a little pricey in my opinion, but it will last a long time. I didn't have any reaction either with my sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Lamb7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This seems to be a nice powder. I don't know if it does anything to wrinkles because...Great Mother of Pearl ! I'm allergic to this !
I believe I've recently developed an allergy to silicone.
(I'ts not PP's fault. I usually love their products.)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by IAmNoElizabethArden

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The price I paid for this was OK compared to brands I normally use. Plus I had a coupon for $1 off.
I have one of their blushes, so I'm used to their dual-compartment compacts.
I'm somewhat skeptical of packaging claims. But I'll also try anything once. I don't know if there were changes to the squint lines, ( ) marks, forehead lines & between the brows frown line. I didn't want it to stay on my face that long. It made my face itch & burn when I started to sweat.
I think the color runs light. I'm not Casper Ghost fair, but I bought medium when I compared it beside my Estee Lauder. When I use the brush, the coverage is light. But if I use a pouf for more coverage, it looks like I did a fake & bake. At least it didn't turn a weird color on me after a while.
I'll stick to the department store brands that color match me, thank you very much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Well, this company was one of my favorites but it disappointed me in this product and many others recently. This is a very sheer powder and does not cover anything. Does it have an effect on the wrinkles within 10 minutes, 10 hours or 10 days? It DOES NOT. It appears that like any other product with silicone, it can give you that deception of having a smooth face but it really does not do anything for wrinkles. This product is expensive and absolutely of no good use...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Jent77

I just bought this and put it on only to find that my skin was burning and itching immediately. I thought the sensation might've been due to me tanning today for the first time in a while, but I came on here to check reviews and the sensation is common with this product. I've never felt anything like that after putting on a powder on tanned skin either. The feeling isn't pleasant AT ALL!

I will say that it does make my skin look very pretty and matte, but it hurts because of the burn, itch, and intense dryness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I saw this in the store for 75% off and chuckled when I read the outrageous claims advertised on the package; "Proven visible wrinkle reduction in: 10 minutes-Over 50% visible wrinkle reduction. 10 hours- Up to 90% visible wrinkle reduction. 10 days- Up to 90% visibly smoother skin. features the most advanced time-release ingredients, GABA and BV-OSC™ to provide instantly smoother skin and long-term benefits." I was super curious to how a $5.00 powder could declare such claims so like a sucker I bought it to give it a go. I have been using this for the last 4 days with plans to make it to day 10.

I purchased the CoverToxTen 50 face powder in Translucent Light which is a perfect match. For reference I wear MAC NC15, Revlon Buff, L'Oreal N1, Almay Buff, Maybelline Classic Ivory, Rimmel 100, and Cover Girl Classic Ivory.

The packaging is a little cumbersome. The top compartment opens too easily which makes it difficult to carry around in my purse as it constantly opens on a whim. The bottom department that stores the brush is huge and a waste of space. The brush applicator provided is small, useless, and doesn't really pick up or distribute the powder product evenly. I tossed it and use a kabuki brush to set my foundation then a powder puff to touch up during the day.

The powder is sheer, creamy, and finely milled. Works beautifully to set both my foundation and concealer leaving a nice semi-matte smooth finish. I required a few touch ups during the day to keep the shines at bay and this powder performed well. It never caked, creased, or oxidized.

I don't have "wrinkles" yet, but I do have expression and fine lines around the eyes and mouth. I have not seen a reduction in either. I read the reviews on the product and ingredients on Paula Begoun's website and cosmetic ingredient dictionary, pretty much the claims about topical GABA are ludicrous and full of fluff.

I definitely plan to finish my 10 day trial, but I am a little hesitant too. I read a few reviews were MUA ladies experienced irritation, burning, and itchiness which makes me nervous. I will give this 3 lippies as the powder is quite good, but it loses points for not meeting it's anti-aging claims.
UPDATE: Finished my 10 day trial and I don't look a day younger! This sheer powder did well to set my foundation and held up to my occasional touch ups throughout the day. Did a decent job, but looked a little cakey towards the end of the day. I will try to finish the product, but won't repurchase due to the packaging, ludicrous claims of being anti-aging, and better products available to try or repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by stephaniepotter

I have used this product for over a month now and really enjoy it! I am not big on wearing anything too heavy so I generally stick to the translucent powders; of all the drugstore brands that I have tried this one is definitely the lightest and most smoothing. I just apply it with my kabuki brush (the one included is total garbage!) after a thin coat of my Vitamin E Moisturizing Oil and it says all day while still letting my skin breath.

I will say that if you are looking for complete coverage, this is NOT that product! But if you just need a little something smoothing to deal with shine and want a bit SPF without the weight, this could work for you too!

As far as the "Anti-Wrinkle" part, (I am only 23) I can't really say much either way.

I wouldn't say that this is the absolute best product out there but for the price I am willing to compromise.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by cinnes225

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the CoverToxTen 50 face powder in Translucent Light. The powder worked well with my foundation and the end result was a nice smooth finish. However, not long after applying the face powder, I started experiencing a BURNING sensation on my skin. It subsided after a while but I thought this was very unusual. I waited a few days and tried the face powder again. The same burning sensation occurred. Call me hard-headed but I really wanted this product to work so I bought a different foundation to try it with. Again, I experienced "the burn." After 4 - 5 attempts (yes, I kept trying) to make this face powder work, I am giving up. Something in the product does not agree with my skin... :-(