July 30, 2014 | 2003 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by makeupsmad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised to see all the negative comments on this product. I, too, was sucked in by the ridiculous pictures and claims on the box and had to try it. I normally steer clear of powders because I haven't had much luck. They either look like flour on my skin, they dry my face out and make me more oily, or settle into my fine lines. I bought this as another attempt at a powder because I do like what powder can do when it works right. I have to say this product delivers. Regardless of what makes it look good on the skin or if it's really delivering help with wrinkles, it still makes my face look very even without being cakey and doesn't dry me out or settle into lines. I am relatively fair skinned and the medium was fine for me. It was a little pricey in my opinion, but it will last a long time. I didn't have any reaction either with my sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Lamb7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This seems to be a nice powder. I don't know if it does anything to wrinkles because...Great Mother of Pearl ! I'm allergic to this !
I believe I've recently developed an allergy to silicone.
(I'ts not PP's fault. I usually love their products.)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by IAmNoElizabethArden

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The price I paid for this was OK compared to brands I normally use. Plus I had a coupon for $1 off.
I have one of their blushes, so I'm used to their dual-compartment compacts.
I'm somewhat skeptical of packaging claims. But I'll also try anything once. I don't know if there were changes to the squint lines, ( ) marks, forehead lines & between the brows frown line. I didn't want it to stay on my face that long. It made my face itch & burn when I started to sweat.
I think the color runs light. I'm not Casper Ghost fair, but I bought medium when I compared it beside my Estee Lauder. When I use the brush, the coverage is light. But if I use a pouf for more coverage, it looks like I did a fake & bake. At least it didn't turn a weird color on me after a while.
I'll stick to the department store brands that color match me, thank you very much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Well, this company was one of my favorites but it disappointed me in this product and many others recently. This is a very sheer powder and does not cover anything. Does it have an effect on the wrinkles within 10 minutes, 10 hours or 10 days? It DOES NOT. It appears that like any other product with silicone, it can give you that deception of having a smooth face but it really does not do anything for wrinkles. This product is expensive and absolutely of no good use...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Jent77

I just bought this and put it on only to find that my skin was burning and itching immediately. I thought the sensation might've been due to me tanning today for the first time in a while, but I came on here to check reviews and the sensation is common with this product. I've never felt anything like that after putting on a powder on tanned skin either. The feeling isn't pleasant AT ALL!

I will say that it does make my skin look very pretty and matte, but it hurts because of the burn, itch, and intense dryness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I saw this in the store for 75% off and chuckled when I read the outrageous claims advertised on the package; "Proven visible wrinkle reduction in: 10 minutes-Over 50% visible wrinkle reduction. 10 hours- Up to 90% visible wrinkle reduction. 10 days- Up to 90% visibly smoother skin. features the most advanced time-release ingredients, GABA and BV-OSC™ to provide instantly smoother skin and long-term benefits." I was super curious to how a $5.00 powder could declare such claims so like a sucker I bought it to give it a go. I have been using this for the last 4 days with plans to make it to day 10.

I purchased the CoverToxTen 50 face powder in Translucent Light which is a perfect match. For reference I wear MAC NC15, Revlon Buff, L'Oreal N1, Almay Buff, Maybelline Classic Ivory, Rimmel 100, and Cover Girl Classic Ivory.

The packaging is a little cumbersome. The top compartment opens too easily which makes it difficult to carry around in my purse as it constantly opens on a whim. The bottom department that stores the brush is huge and a waste of space. The brush applicator provided is small, useless, and doesn't really pick up or distribute the powder product evenly. I tossed it and use a kabuki brush to set my foundation then a powder puff to touch up during the day.

The powder is sheer, creamy, and finely milled. Works beautifully to set both my foundation and concealer leaving a nice semi-matte smooth finish. I required a few touch ups during the day to keep the shines at bay and this powder performed well. It never caked, creased, or oxidized.

I don't have "wrinkles" yet, but I do have expression and fine lines around the eyes and mouth. I have not seen a reduction in either. I read the reviews on the product and ingredients on Paula Begoun's website and cosmetic ingredient dictionary, pretty much the claims about topical GABA are ludicrous and full of fluff.

I definitely plan to finish my 10 day trial, but I am a little hesitant too. I read a few reviews were MUA ladies experienced irritation, burning, and itchiness which makes me nervous. I will give this 3 lippies as the powder is quite good, but it loses points for not meeting it's anti-aging claims.
UPDATE: Finished my 10 day trial and I don't look a day younger! This sheer powder did well to set my foundation and held up to my occasional touch ups throughout the day. Did a decent job, but looked a little cakey towards the end of the day. I will try to finish the product, but won't repurchase due to the packaging, ludicrous claims of being anti-aging, and better products available to try or repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by stephaniepotter

I have used this product for over a month now and really enjoy it! I am not big on wearing anything too heavy so I generally stick to the translucent powders; of all the drugstore brands that I have tried this one is definitely the lightest and most smoothing. I just apply it with my kabuki brush (the one included is total garbage!) after a thin coat of my Vitamin E Moisturizing Oil and it says all day while still letting my skin breath.

I will say that if you are looking for complete coverage, this is NOT that product! But if you just need a little something smoothing to deal with shine and want a bit SPF without the weight, this could work for you too!

As far as the "Anti-Wrinkle" part, (I am only 23) I can't really say much either way.

I wouldn't say that this is the absolute best product out there but for the price I am willing to compromise.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by cinnes225

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the CoverToxTen 50 face powder in Translucent Light. The powder worked well with my foundation and the end result was a nice smooth finish. However, not long after applying the face powder, I started experiencing a BURNING sensation on my skin. It subsided after a while but I thought this was very unusual. I waited a few days and tried the face powder again. The same burning sensation occurred. Call me hard-headed but I really wanted this product to work so I bought a different foundation to try it with. Again, I experienced "the burn." After 4 - 5 attempts (yes, I kept trying) to make this face powder work, I am giving up. Something in the product does not agree with my skin... :-(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Huge disappointment. Normally, PF powders provide enough coverage to act as a powder foundation, but this was an exception. The powder is very finely milled, and Transluctant Medium was a close match to my skin. The shades run neutral, which suited my fair/warm skin better than most drugstore foundations. I didn't have any oxidation wearing this, however, it doesn't provide much coverage. I applied with my EcoTools kabuki, and although it smoothed my skin out and "softened" blemishes and scars, it didn't completely hide them. You can dab some extra powder on spots and it works like a concealer, but if you don't blend enough you'll see the spots. It has almost no staying power, which is my biggest problem with this powder. I worked a six hour shift tonight and had to completely reapply halfway through my workday. That doesn't sit well with me, since I hate reapplying my makeup. Overall I wouldn't buy this again. I might recommend this if you're using the matching foundation/concealer, but on it's own it's garbage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up at CVS in medium translucent, which was the only color they had. Oddly enough, it works very well over my foundation (NC20 for reference). I apply with a kabuki and touch up with a retractable kabuki. For me, it definitely reduces the appearance of all my fine lines and it smoothes my skin's texture, so the finish is pretty much flawless. Although matte, it gives me a little glow (possibly because it imparts more color than my usual setting/blotting powder which is invisible (LG).
I have no idea if it "relaxes" wrinkles or if it provides any long term benefits. I can say, however, that it holds up very well and, yes, after 9 hours it still looks good. It certainly doesn't sink into my lines and large pores or get cakey.
I'm a total sucker for multi-purpose beauty products, especially makeup that combines "treatment." So, I spent $10 on this d/s brand. I will probably buy it again because I love the finish, durability, and the fact that this is *very* finely milled for a d/s powder.
It's a nice everyday powder for setting, blotting, and to wear as a light foundation. As I said, I'm a sucker for multi-purpose makeup. I think the box it comes in is cheesy with its fakey before and afters, but the compact itself is nicely designed imo. Use your own brushes, though. The one it comes with is trash. One lippie off for the cheesy and misleading hype on the box..