April 19, 2014 | 1895 users online

Moisturizers - Juice Organics Brightening Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by DREAMING8745

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so sad I wasted $20.00 on this product ,I lost my receipt and could not return it . It smelled bad and broke me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by honeybees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

no no & no.
i rarely break out. VERY rarely.
the DAY after wearing this, i had a super sick breakout all over my chin and nose area. this stuff smelled really terribly.. it never really sunk into my skin. it kind of sat there and made my skin feel clogged and heavy. returned it the next day. i wont be trying anymore from juice organics. ive tried juice beauty in the past and liked them, but they're obviously doing something different with the cheaper versions.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 3:16:00 AM More reviews by 1prettygirl

I like this product, I am 20 years old with a few occasional pimples but otherwise a quite blessed girl. I like this product because it doesn't have all the harsh chemicals, it's a simple, natural moisturizer without all the bells and whistles. I can tolerate the smell, it may be a little strange at the first whiff every night, but then it changes to a lemony scent which is kinda nice.

For less than $20 CAD, it's probably one of the best products out there within its price range. Good packeging, haven't encountered any pump problems which other reviewers had mentioned.

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 6:20:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate the scent of this. I can't quite place what it reminds me of, but I can't stand it. I bought the full size of this and wish I had bought the trial size. The ingredients list is fantastic, and I really expected it to be a great product given what's in it. I was sorely disappointed! it wasn't moisturizing enough for my skin, smelled to high heaven, and while it thankfully didn't break me out or sensitize my skin it didn't improve it in any way either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

What a great moisturizer that does not leave a greasy afterfeel in the least. Smells kind of like the cleanser, but is not as strong a scent. Blends in the skin very well and makes the surface of my skin very soft and smooth. I just hope that day and night use of this doesn't cause irritation in the long run. So far so good. Will update.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is an okay product. It's the first time that I tried an organic moisturizer and I just get this feeling that regular moisturizers work better for a cheaper price (for me, at least). But if you can't use those unnatural ingredients (like silica) found in regular products, I think organic is the way to go.

PROS:
- This stuff is loaded with a ton of organic ingredients so I'm guessing that it's pretty potent.
- Contains some of my favorite ingredients like shea butter, aloe, vitamin E, and vitamin C.
- While my overall skin texture hasn't improved very much, I noticed that it did brighten.
- Thick and moisturizing (This can be good if you have dry skin, bad if you break out easily)

CONS:
- I don't think this stuff is very good for young skin since these ingredients could definitely be too harsh. I read somewhere that young women who wish prevent signs of aging before it happens shouldn't use super duty anti-aging products with things like retinoids and alpha hydroxy acids. I'm pretty sure that the hyaluronic acid in this could cause irritation in some.
- Even though I like the bottle because it doesn't let any air into the moisturizer, there were a few times when I couldn't pump anything out. I had to keep pushing the bottom up to fix it.
- Much more expensive than some other conventional drugstore face lotions out there.
- I wish they would change the scent.

INGREDIENTS: vitis vinifera (white grape) juice, daucus carota sativa (carrot) juice & aloe barbadensis leaf juice, organic botanical extracts of calendula officinalis flower & matricaria chamomilla flower, organic butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), organic essential fatty acids of linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed & borago officinali (borage) seed, glycerin, organic honey, squalane, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C), hyaluronic acid, hydroxypropyl starch phosphate, glyceryl stearate, potassium sorbate, beta carotene, stearic acid, cetearyl glucoside, xanthan gum, disodium edta, sodium hydroxide, benzyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, litsea cubeba (may chang) & cananga odorata (ylang ylang) pure essential oils.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by riotruby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! I can't rave enough about how awesome Juice Organics Brightening moisturizer is. HG status for sure. Almost every moisturizer I've ever used has caused me to break out to some degree. I'm 29 with combo skin that tends to get dry in the winter and has I have a few fine lines, so I need a moisturizer. Peter Thomas Roth's oil free moisturizer was my staple for years (it only gave me the occasional zit, opposed to full on break outs), but my budget just can't support it anymore!
I've had a really hard time finding a drugstore moisturizer that isn't loaded with silicones (cones break me out something terrible), but on the other hand most natural skincare products break me out too (too many oils and too greasy). Even though it's a natural "organic" product, I decided to take a chance on Juice Organics.
The brightening moisturizer is perfect, no silicones and a good balance of natural oils. It moisturizes without greasiness and hasn't clogged my pores or made me break out, which is amazing because almost everything does. I've been using it for over 4 months, along with the green apple peel, and I've noticed that my skin is definitely clearer (finally), my fine lines are less noticeable, and it makes my skin glow. I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by browneyedelise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG! HG! This is the most natural, yet wonderful moisturizer in the world. Packed with antioxidants, alpha-lipoic acid, water-binding agents, hydroxy acids--the works, and not a nasty paraben in sight. This stuff is great at both mimicking the structure of skin and also warding off free-radical damage (thus preventing skin aging). Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Sensibly priced. The packaging is also perfect: airless and opaque, so the antioxidants aren't degrading. If you are interested in repairing and preventing damage to the skin, I recommend a high-SPF sunscreen in the morning (I use Neutrogena SPF 70) and this at night. Wonderful, wonderful stuff. I would die if they discontinued this. It's the only moisturizer I have ever used that is so natural and yet so full of nutrients and doesn't irritate the skin. Perfect in every way. You guys really need to seek this out and appreciate it more. I have never seen such a nutrient-packed moisturizer packaged the way it ought to be (in an opaque pump) even at department store counters, and to get this for 15 dollars?? Wow. Juice Organics, will you marry me?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2007 7:10:00 PM More reviews by kristinpinkstar

im a little on the fence about this... mostly due to the smell. it works well as a foundation base to moisturize, it costs about $18 CAD which is great for me because im used to buying much more expensive products to not irritate my skin, however it does smell weird. like a fern or something, it was kinda freaky when my BF said he liked the smell but he is one of those nature types... regardless this is a good moisturizer i would repurchase as its so rare for something not to irritate my skin

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by CottonS

I think the serum is much better than this one. The moisturizer doesn't do anything and it does have very odd smell.

I am on my first bottle ... almost finish the whole bottle. I will not repurchase it.