April 16, 2014 | 1810 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - MAC - Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's a dimethicone based eye makeup remover (not oily, dimethicone-y). The end...pretty much... It's MAC, I'm there anyway so I buy it. It really is no different, no better or worse, than any other product I've used (the kind you have to shake). I generally use this to get mascara splatter off my lids but I use Cetaphil to use at night to remove eye makeup. I have use this with a cotton wool and it works great to remove all of my eye makeup at the end of the day. Some have had problems removing water-proof products, for that I use cleanse off oil. If you don't care about brands, it's just your basic eye makeup remover, if you're deeply devoted to MAC and you don't want to ruin the chi you have going on in your bathroom (aka the other MAC Counter), it's $18.00 for 3.4 oz

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have no idea what I'm allergic to in this makeup remover, but it caused my skin to burn and me to get a rash under my eyes. I was very disappointed because I thought it would be a great makeup remover. I will not purchase it again. I was grateful that I could at least return it for store credit because I only used it once and immediately noticed burning, so rinsed my skin and discontinued use.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Jenstarlast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:
Nice packaging with Child Safety Lock (great for travel)
Pink color is pretty

Cons:
Did not remove makeup (non-waterproof) as well as some drugstore removers
Irritated eye area/Stung during use
Expensive (around $18.00 usd)

I would pass on this one and go to your local drugstore or target. I have a somewhat sensitive eye area but this made my skin sting and took longer to remove my makeup than anything else I have used... not worth the money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by pchotai

Love... <3 enough said.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by hodesa11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did not buy this product but I did use it in the store. I got some in my eye and it felt like acid!! It also burned the skin around my eye. Maybe I am over sensitive, but I suggest trying this product before purchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by cuteiswhatsheaimsfor

A great makeup remover overall! Oil-based makeup removers work best most of the time,and this product was much better than MAC's Pro eye makeup remover! I didnt need to scrub my waterline to remove the eyeliner like i had to with most of the other makeup removers i've tried. The only thing i dont like is that it burns. Maybe i just have sensitive skin,but i'll probably be looking for something else which wont burn my eyes. Otherwise,it works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by jvice2

I use MAC's liquidlast eyeliner, and this stuff gets it off easily. I just dip a cotton swab, and that's enough to remove my eye makeup. It's pretty pricey, but it works great. Since I don't use a lot of this, it's lasted me awhile so I guess it's worth it. I'll probably repurchase if I can't find a cheaper alternative that works as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Big fan of MAC, but this wasn't a good product for me. Did a great job of removing my make-up, but stung and irritated the skin surrounding my eyes. My eyes were red and slightly puffy after just one use. Took it straight back to the store!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 7:43:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

CONS: it works sooo well.

PROS: i feel little bit of burning on my eyes, it is too strong to my skin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Of all the makeup removers I have tried, the MAC Gently Off is my favorite, and the one I always come back to. I have used it for 6 years continuously, and find that while the product is expensive, even with everyday use the bottle lasts a few good months. The bottle itself is pretty irritating since they re-vamped the opening, but this creates an opportunity to waste less product, which is nice in the long run. It does a wonderful job of removing even the most waterproof of mascaras and doesn't irritate my skin in any way. One of the only things from MAC that I have purchased everytime it runs out.