November 1, 2014 | 903 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Vaseline Intensive Rescue Moisture Locking Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by starlamelissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

we are a household of sensitive skinned people, and I in particular have fragrance allergies, and a really hard time with lotions. I always get a horrible burning rash from body lotion, and I pretty much can only use plain petroleum products for moisterizing.

This lotion has a mild fragrance free smell. (it doesnt smell like nothing, but doesnt smell offensive) It absorbs quickly, and doesnt give me a rash! I use it on my sensitive skinned children too, and it helps their dry skin in the harsh midwestern winters. I have used the Dollar General generic of this lotion with success as well. I lotioned one leg with the generic lotion and one with the name brand and waited for the rash/itching/pain and had happy moisterized skin on both legs! yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by monicadaleo29

i love it my best and favorite lotion ever!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by ashleeco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am having trouble finding the exact product that i have..this one seems to be the closest. i've heard that packaging/labeling is different in canada (which is where i am).

mine is called vaseline intensive rescue extra strength chamomile.

let me say this. i've had a bad case of keratosis pilaris for about 10 years. dry, scaly, just plain gross.

i started using this cream not to help with the condition but simply for the smell - i thought it was nice.

then i happened to catch sight of my arms in the mirror.

keratosis pilaris = GONE.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Seorin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not so nice ingredients and chalky smell. Lives up to its name but not sure if it really improves the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by MutedDragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Excellent lotion. I have very dry skin on my face and when I used this, it stopped the itching, the flaking and stinging. When I stopped and went for a cheaper lotion, Suave, my face broke out (very sensitive skin) and the flaking was back with a vengeance. Thankfully, I had a bottle of Vaseline around and within a day of using it again, my face was no longer red and peeling. Amazing lotion. They'll probably keep changing the name of the lotion, as it was called Repairing Moisture when I bought it and I'll keep buying it. It really does repair my very dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its too heavy to apply at the beginning of the day so I only put it on after I shower or before bed. It moisturizes really well and I like how it doesn't have fragrance. When you get to the end of the bottle theres alot of product left which is a waste, at least a half inch or so. So far this is the most skin softening body lotion ive found.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by ZgMyn

PERFECT!!! The best moisture conditioning lotion ever. STAR!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by kaydeem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I keep "inheriting" lotions from a dry-skinned person in my life who seems to be allergic to every skincare line on the market, this one included. When I was gifted with this Vaseline lotion, I was not expecting much...figured I'd have some extra greasy stuff on hand to use in desperation when I finally ran out of other lotions/better options. I was so pleasantly surprised to find out that this lotion is awesome. I have the "Repair" version which is fragrance free, which is neither a plus nor minus for me, but a lot of people care. It absorbs very quickly, dries totally non-greasy, and truly feels like the moisture has been "locked in" to the skin. I liked how it felt so much on my hands, I've applied it to my face as well. The positive, moisture-rich feeling my skin has after applying this lotion seems to last for a few hours. I wash my hands a lot and am involved in many other active pursuits that dry my skin out, so I don't think this lasts for some miraculously long duration, but it's really above average in performance. This lotion probably boasts similar claims to Eucerin and other "intensive" moisturizers, but I like this Vaseline product so much better on the grounds that my skin feels truly plumped up with moisture and I am not left looking or feeling like a greaseball. Eucerin and its competitors always strike me as trumped-up, hydrogenated grease. I'll save the money and use straight Crisco (truly hydrogenated grease!) when I'm in the mood for a richer, greasier sensation, like after windburn or something. But for a superbly effective and non-greasy lotion day in and day out for general dry skin care, this Vaseline formulation is pretty tough to beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by hunnybee87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had dry, flaky skin all my life. I have tried many other lotions and none can compare to this. This stuff is better than the expensive stuff from olay and cetaphil. Other lotions I apply them and a few hours later my skin is dry and flaky again. Not with this stuff, it is the best. It's a miracle for me. I wish I had found it sooner. I have been using it for four years now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I love this lotion! I like to use different lotions/creams, especially from The Body Shop, Bath and Body Works, Victoria Secret, and the kinds you get in perfume sets. However, the reason why I like this is because unlike some of those products, this is affordable and it actually moisturizes. I like to use a lot of lotion and unlike with those other products I referred to earlier, I can use as much of this lotion as I want without feeling guilty. It claims to be unscented but I detect a light, clean scent which I enjoy very much. I've used this in extreme winters and my skin has remained moisturized.

I recently purchased a 942 mL bottle with a pump from Wal-Mart for under $6 CAD. This version says that it is fragranced and smells different from the unscented version. It's also a nice scent but I prefer the way the unscented one smells. To give a price comparison, a 200mL tub of body butter from the body shop is $20CAD. This moisturizes just as well, if not better, applies easier, absorbs much quicker, and is packaged way better.

I will have to say, however, that I am finding the new fragranced version to be a bit heavy for the summer weather - something I did not experience last summer with the unscented version.