Wet 'n' Wild Mega Slicks Lip Gloss - Sun Glaze

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/10/2010 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is just a nasty lip gloss. The texture is heavy and thick. When you try to spread it, it falls into the lines of your lips. The color is so frosty it looks like something right out of the 80s or something you'd use in a Snooki tutorial. This scared me off from buying any other Wet n' Wild lipglosses.

About 2 years ago, I used to love this lipgloss, texture and everything. Grocery shopping, school, I'd get so many compliments! When I went through one tube I never purchased another. About a month ago I was browsing the aisles when I came across it again. I thought, "what the hell, this was great stuff! why not get it again?" so I bought it. Ehhhh, not as good as I remember lol. It seems SO sticky and makes me look sick. Like literally, makes me look ILL.

BTW, I had the color "Cherish" 564A

So yeah, I don't recommend this!!

on 10/2/2010 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I hate this! It looked beautiful on the tube! gorgeous colors! but when I put them on.....CHEAP CHEAP CHEAAAAAAAAAAAP!! Wet N Wild's other lip products are soo good! I love their lipsticks but these mega slicks are crap!
they are extremely sticky, and don't apply very well, you kinda get marks where you tried to rub in the color! it looks really bad! will not repurchase!!!

on 5/5/2010 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I really wished I liked this product, but I didn't.
It smelled like burnt plastic.
I don't really like the texture, some might, but that is a personal preference. The color looked so pretty in the tube, but it washes me right out. I'm not really gonna complain as it was only 2 dollars.
I'm not gonna recommend this, but I'm not gonna say don't buy this either. It might work on other's, but not me.

on 11/17/2009 8:16:00 PM

I love it !

Love frosty lipglosses. Color is amazing.. and looks natural and nude. ( Love nudes )

I just bought it at this Medical Store, for 5.64. and People here were reviewing and telling that they bought it for about 1,2 $.

But oh well, it was worth the money ! I only own some cheap lipglosses, a fan of MAC, but this was impressive !

on 11/15/2009 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

It smell's very weird but I like it. : D The color is fabulous and glosses my lips wonderfully!

on 6/21/2009 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

When I saw this lipgloss in the store, I assumed that it would be a nice sheer beige-pink color. Well, quite obviously I was wrong. Personally, I don't know what I was thinking. It's extremely sticky, smells like burnt marshmallows, and so freaking frosty to the point that I look like an idiot wearing it! Now I have super pigmented lips, so I'm sure you can imagine how "lovely" this looked. I was really dissappointed with this! Mostly because I love the four other Megaslicks I own (cotton candy, sweet glaze, cherry glaze, and crystal clear) are fantastic, and I'd definetly reccomend them. Though my advice, steer clear of the frosty Megaslicks, go for the "clear" glosses, they're a thousand times better.

on 4/26/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this on a whim because it looked like my HG E.L.F. "Candlelight" lipgloss. OMG this may be my new HG. Its only $1.99 (a dollar more than ELF but I can only get ELF at Kmart- Wet n Wild is much easiser to find.) It has a doe foot applicator that is on a nice long wand, it smells like melons and the scent fades. It has no taste, ( I think the scent and taste have been updated because if my memory serves me this used to be more "old lipstick" tasting and smelling) is not sticky, or to thick or goopy and lasts long for a gloss. The color Sun Glaze is a frosty nude color in the tube but on me it is a pale, very frosty nude/pink. Yes, I can see why many think its right out of 1989 or even dare I say "stripper" but I tend to like that look and I layer it over Avon Glazewear in Mirage to "sheer" it out. (I layer every gloss over Avon Glazewear Mirage it helps them to last longer) I really do like the color and I am not really one for pink. I always do a black smokey eye and this with a good dose of bronzer looks great to me especially for summer.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is of vital importance to my ideal nude lip! This over conealer gives a shimmering, glossy beautiful nude lip. It's to die for! It has a doe-foot sponge applicater thingy that I'm not crazy about, but it's worth it. I paid about $4 for this, so it's a total steal. It is a little sticky, but not that bad. It's still a thumbs up for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

The first thing I noticed about this was the smell. Maybe it's just the one I got, but it smelled like a barnyard. Everyone kept asking me if I farted, it was so strong.

In the tube, it looks like a nice nude color, but when it's on your lips it's an extremely frosty baby pink color. When I put this on it looks like I stepped right out of the 80's.

There's only two upsides to this; it moisturizes your lips and it was dirt cheap, about $1-$2.

Maybe it would be better in a different shade, I don't know. All I know is that this product in this shade is only good for 80's-themed parties.

Popular Lip Glosses