August 27, 2014 | 963 users online

Toners - Boots - Traditional Skincare Range Glycerin and Rose Water

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Mebs786

I have mine in a spritzer bottle.The smell is gorgeous!! I use this as a toner when my skin is feelin dry. Spray onto my makeup brush when I want to apply my powder eyeshadow wet.
A spritz of this to set my mineral makeup to take away the powdery cakey look and freshen it up during the day. The list can just go on and on.
I'm never without this. Also it is dirt cheap!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by RoxieFoxie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always been on the lookout for a product containing Rosewater. Not because I knew what exactly it does to your skin , but because I was keen on the devine smell rosewater has and of the organic properties of it.

And also because Im a bit of a vintage / old-school lover , and this product has been a staple for some many ladies and it's so well-known and appreciated from the oldest times till present ... I wanted it!

I have found a few products that contain rosewater , one being Neal's Yard Rosewater , but I didnt want to splash out the cash for it , as it's pricey.

I found this instead , stacked away , out of the buyers eyes , on one of the lower shelves in Boots. For 2.50 this is a bargain , I told myself! :-)

I have used this in the past few days and here is my experience with it:

** Smells reasonable , maybe a bit strange for a rosewater toner , but that might be due to the Glycerin in it ... ** I guess I was a bit disapointed about the smell ( though in the shop , it smelled great to me ).

** If you got heavy make-up on , it's a great addition to your cleanser / wipes , as it helps you take all the grim/dirt/residue etc from your face. **

** I had a little dry skin patch on my face , and it helped heal faster **

On a downside : ** Leaves a slightly greasy film on your face , some people my hate that ( including me , but it's good if you wear it overnight , by morning it had already sunk into your skin ) **

** Never use this as a toner before applying make-up ** Please , especially people with oily skin , it will make your face look like an oil-slick . I got dry to very dry skin on my face and , silly me, I have applied this before moisturising my face for make-up , and I looked like all Hell that night. The greasiness of this , showed through my foundation and I felt self-conscious all evening about my oily face. YUCK! **

** I gave it 4 lippies because it's , indeed, a staple in a girls routine ** But only if used corectly and at the appropriate time of the day ** Use it at night after you've cleansed , leave it overnight and voila! Or maybe when you dont intend going out of the house **

Im not sure I'll be buying this again , as a bottle seems to last a long time , but If I do , I will update you on my results.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by CatGreen

I'm sorry to bring the ratings down for this product as I really wanted this to work for me after reading the excellent reviews. However, I have to write in case anyone else rushes out to buy this. It broke me out into HUGE cystic acne! I mean, really painful, red swellings/spots - all over my face. Sob! I have introduced nothing else into my skincare regime, it is not my time of the month, etc, so by process of analysis it must be this toner. Maybe do a patch test first?!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by elisarouse

I would never be without this. It is cheap and brilliant. I can't think of anything else to say coz cheap and brilliant says it all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Ammit

I love this stuff. I don't really like to put on a huge amount of moisturiser before bed because I think my skin should be able to repair itself without being hindered by manmade stuff all over it (obviously there are times I do moisturise at night though).
I think this is a perfect replacement for night time moisturiser because it softens skin and cleanses gently as well.
I tried the Dr Hauschka (?) toner and really liked it - but I think this is a much cheaper version of the same thing to be honest.
You get this in a massive bottle, it's under 3 and you'll find it on the bottom shelf where nobody really looks in boots.

This toner smells of roses which I really like and feels very refreshing, I think it's an excellent budget buy and much better than expensive brands. I really do recommend you try it! Like the other reviewer says this stuff really does have the luxury factor.... if you put it in expensive packaging it would probably be hailed a "cult product" or something.

The "traditional" range also sells cold cream which i've used for cleansing my skin - you can get a massive jar for about 2 and it's really helped my winter itch all over my cheeks.

This stuff is very underestimated and I think it's well worth the small amount you pay for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2007 6:10:00 AM More reviews by MissPreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Recently found you could review this product here at last.

A little known product but one which I stumbled across whilst looking for a toner.

Like the other reviewer says the cost is cheap 2.50 but you get a lot for your money.

Product smells and feels like it says, a teensy bit old lady but feels very soothing and you don't need a lot! I use it after cleansing and find it takes off every last scrap off my m/u. If you needed to you could chose not to moisturise afterwards as this softens but I do moisturise.

But a great product. Do try it if you see if. It has the luxury factor too, for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2007 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Metalbabe1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This could be the best discovery of 2007 for me so far.

It's dirt cheap - you get PLENTY as in a HUGE clear plastic bottle. The bottle even has a cover over it with a small hole in so you don't end up tipping it everywhere so that's a plus for me.

This stuff looks like water in the bottle and smells just like roses. I was dubious about buying it but have been eyeing it up for a while but not convinced it was any good because it's so cheap. About 2.50.

I bought some yday and my goodness am I glad I did. I makes your skin SO soft. It's not oily, not greasy and frankly I could go to bed without moisturiser. It makes your skin soft and smooth and takes away all those dry patches. I will deffo carry on using this before bed as it makes such a huge difference to my skin. I've never been a toner person - total waste of time to me but this beats dermalogica multi active toner out of the water! It is brilliant. Just sweep over your face with cotton wool and bingo, soft skin.

The ingredients are few and it's lanolin free. I really can't see how expensive brands can charge what they do considering what i've just found kicks them straight out of the running.
Try it, you won't regret it!