September 22, 2014 | 1268 users online

Fragrance - Aquolina - Blue Sugar

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 6:06:00 AM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, don't be worried by the 'man' printed on the bottle. This stuff smells girly enough for a princess.

I sprayed this on my sweatshirt sleeve while in the store and found it, like Pink Sugar, to be far too sweet. A few days later I put the sweatshit on and was hit by a wonderful smell. It took me a few hours to realize what it was, and then I couldn't stop sniffing my sleeve. It was the most comforting my clothes had ever smelled!

I went back to the store and sprayed myself again. I didn't like the initial smell, but within an hour it had dried down to a warm anise heavy scent that make me think of autumn afternoons instead of fairground cotton candy.

It's not a terribly complex scent but I'm ok with that. It sticks around for ages and I feel happy every time I catch a whiff of it. I have a bunch of far more perfumes I want to wear but I almost always end up wearing this instead. It smells like home.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not as sweet as Pink Sugar. It's defintely warmer, and I love to layer it with other sweet/foody scents/lotions. I just wish it lasted longer on the skin.

I feel that haflway through the day the scent is mostly gone. It's defintely a unique scent

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by beegirl70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really feel like Aquolina missed the mark when marketing this one... this should be considered a women's cologne. First of all, what straight man would actually buy a cologne for himself with the name "sugar" in it:) OK, maybe I am not giving today's metrosexual enough credit, but really, I don't want my guy smelling like this... I want to smell like this! It's a very complex scent - it is reminiscent of it's more feminine counterpart, Pink Sugar, but distinguishes itself as it's moodier, darker sister. If PS is a blonde Barbie, then BS is the goth braniac (this is a good thing!) The sweet tinge is still there but it's layered with other, earthier elements. Strange... I hate black licorice, but I can smell it in here, and I like it. Probably because it's tempered with Mandarin orange and Patchouli and evened out with an oaky burnt carmel. Yes, it is yummy, and yes, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I love how I feel when I'm wearing it, I love sniffing my arm all day, and I love how I don't smell like every other woman... yet I don't smell like a guy.
Those of us with a few miles on us might remember back to the '80's when us girls had a love affair with Polo by Ralph Lauren. OH GOD it turned us ON!!! It was a unfair weapon in the guy arsenel! It made us weak in the knees. We begged our boyfriends to wear it, and if they were smart, they did. But more often than not, we ended up buying it. We kept it in our drawers and took furtive sniffs and maybe if we were brave, we'd spritz it on ourselves. Yes, I love Polo even today, but it's incredibly dated and I doubt anyone actually wears it. Why this tangent on Polo, you ask? Because I predict Blue Sugar will be this decades Polo... girls will love it more than men will... but this time we WILL wear it, like I am right now. If guys like it on us, all the better... but will we care? Hell no... because we are happy, we are content, and we have found our new favorite scent. Oh, and by the way... we figured out we don't need men to make us feel sexy anyway... we manage that just fine by ourselves, thank you.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by stitchtupgothgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm SO in love!!! I have been looking for a fragrance for my husband that doesn't have the typical "man cologne" fragrance. I finally received a sample from a super nice swapper and can't stop smelling it, lol. It's considered a "woody oriental" fragrance with note such as: vanilla, caramel, licorice, bergamont, patchouli, and lavendar. It's not super sweet like Pink Sugar, but just sweet enough =D .

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by cruzan1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this scent for my roommate, and ended up keeping it for myself. I am in love, everyone who cmes near me is in love as well, the dry down is a caramelly licorice scent that works well with my chemistry. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by cyndog

One of my fav DH fragrances! I notice myself drawing closer and closer to him with Blue Sugar. I'm not typically into sweet scents but this is amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Cakeicing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's hard for me to rate this perfume! I bought a sample for my DH because I thought I would LOVE it on him. Unfortunately, I didn't. It started off well, but when it dried down, he smelled like cotton candy/cupcakes. He was not liking it and it honestly didn't suit him for the type of guy he is. I can't convince him to try it again.

Out of curiosity, I put some on myself last night. I had Lolita Lempicka on my other wrist. Believe it or not, Blue Sugar smells more feminine on me than LL (crazy body chemistry, I guess)! On me, the first blast of the perfume is too masculine, but within 15 minutes, it dries down to a pleasant sugary smell that doesn't whack you on the head with its sugariness. I think I like it better than Pink Sugar, and I am a sweet perfume gal. If Pink Sugar is too sweet for you and Blue Sugar too masculine, try layering the two. Blue takes the sticky sweetness down a couple of critical notches.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I bought this for my fiance because we had both sniffed this in Sephora and both of us had liked it. It has a very strong sugary smell that really hits your nose, then dries down to a woody musk. It smells gorgeous on him and he has received postive compliments. I don't think that I could pull this off, so I don't see it being an unisex scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by chessie_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Aquolina's wildly popular PInk Sugar works for me in a sugar scrub, but not in an all day fragrance. This, however, is a wonderful fragrance. Vanilla, carmelized sugar, cedar, and Tonka bean provide an opening tease for a heart of licorice, lavender, and coriander. I detect both mandarin and star anise in the final dry down. This is a very interesting fragrance that has an irrestibly lively opening and an almost soothing close. I think Aquolina has a real winner here.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was totally surprised to happen upon Blue Sugar at my local Loblaws Superstore today - I immediately looked around for Pink (having never smelled it either) but it was nowhere to be found. I located a tester for Blue - it was missing the nozzle - so I turned that pretty blue bottle upside down and pressed the bare tube with my thumbnail. A few drops seeped out under my thumbnail and down my thumb. At first it smelled like a blue fruity freeze pop or something like that - sticky sugary sweet. In less than five minutes it mellowed into a soft black licorice scent. Not zingy like Twizzlers but softer, like Allsorts. I would have liked to have been able to mist this on so I could experience it more fully. As it stands, I would recommend this to lovers of black licorice/anise scents, but since DH detests black licorice, no sale here.