Physicians Formula Plump Potion - Nude Potion

3.4

This lip plumper came with a pressed powder. I was a little hesitant to try it because I have sensitive lips, but I decided to be brave and give it a whirl. I slabbed it on (kind of sticky and thick) and I ended up putting on waaayy too much that the skin around my lips became inflamed, like if I was crying! So that tells ya that it does the job lol. Now when I use the gloss, I apply it sparingly and it looks great! I just wish it wasn't so thick and sticky but the color is faint and shimmery. I probably wouldn't kiss my significant other with this gloss on though!

Bought this last summer. Haven't used it much because I don't like it. It's really thick and sticky, and makes your lips feel like they are going to dizolve or something. I dislike the applicator with the little brush at the tip - terrible design. Matter of fact, I'm gonna toss this out because I don't see myself using it ever again.

I was very excited to try this out after reading the reviews, and disappointed to find that it was, on me at least, very frosty and shimmery. It does indeed smell like cat pee as someone mentioned, but honestly the smell goes away in a matter of seconds. As for performance, it has a decent plumping effect. I bought the clear one after trying this, and am happy with it. I do have to note that it doesn't last long.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

okay, so at first when you put it on, it looks overbearingly pigmented. but after the ingredients kick in it becomes a soft nudish clear colour. also, it stays on for a very long time. this made my lips pretty big. great to wear to Church.
edit: stings, & the color is off putting to me. would not recommend. maybe i just got the wrong color?

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I got this free with my PF powder. This is a very shimmery nude gloss. I like the performance of the gloss, its minty/tingly, and lasts a long time. I probably would have not picked this color, I'm not fond of it. If I buy this again, it would have to be in a pink color. PF makes good cosmetics. I definitely recommend this brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow this is good stuff. I picked this up at CVS when they had the buy 1 item get 2nd 50% off so it came out to about $6 after discount I think. I like the concept of lip glosses, they seem to look so sexy but most of the time end up making me look like I ate a bucket of fried chicken with greasy lips. However, this Plump Potion did exactly what it claims to do, it makes my lips look sexy and full without being overly shiny. It does have a slight tingle the first couple of times I used it, but now that I'm using it for a couple of weeks, the tingle is very slight now. It feels more like a "cooling effect" if anything. The Nude color is great, I'm always a fan of nudes. The brush applicator is a definite plus, as it gives more precision and feels great going on and not the typical cheapy fuzzy wand. It doesn't feel too tacky or taste gross like some other glosses I've tried before. Only complaint would be the packaging size is bit bulky, closer in size to a pen than a lipstick/gloss. But at least it seems sturdy and won't fall apart amongst the junk in my purse. Great product!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I think this product is ok. I loved it at first but within 2 weeks I was over it. I really liked the way the lip gloss looked but it had no staying power what so ever on me. Closely I started to notice that it stop having the plumping effect also. I would still recommend this, overall it is a nice lip gloss.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I can't believe I forgot to review this! THis is my favorite lip gloss ever. absolutely my go to in amy uncertain makeup situation. It is the PERFECT shiny nude shade.
It has no smell after the first minute or two, and the smell isn't so dramatic as some reviewers make it out to be, its not good, but not horrible either.
The texture is very rich and it lasts a LONG time, longer than most of my lip sticks. I have gone through three tubes already since March, and you get a good amount of product.
I like the applicator. And the syringe style tube is priceless, but i am biased for love of needles. It does a great job plumping, nothing crazy just a nice full pouty nude lip. perfection!

I love the way this gloss makes my lips look. There is no doubt that is plumps my lips, and the color is gorgeous. It also darkens my lips to a perfect color that I have been unable to achieve with any lip stick. This is due to the temporary increased flow of blood to the lips that this product creates (perhaps because of the caffeine?) Although the plumping and "blushing" effect does not last all day, when it diminishes I am left with a pretty colored gloss on my lips that lasts quite a while. It is a bit sticky and the smell and taste are not great, but the way this makes my lips look is totally worth any small annoyances. I feel very sexy when I wear this, and for some odd reason I swear it makes my teeth look whiter as well. I will buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like this. As a gloss it reminds me of MAC Lipglass but not as nasty sticky, just thick and smooth. You can layer it on and it lasts. So that is very nice. The color is a shimmery nude that didnt wash out my pale skin, also very nice. I also did it with a berry colored liner and blended and it turned a nice pink. And as a plumper it actually worked as much at Lip Venom and TF Lip Injection...I got the full, fat and pouty lip look for cheaper than high end stuff. I hated the smell. HATED IT. To be blunt it smelled exactly like cat piss. Yeah, not to good at all. But that pissy smell did go away after like 3-5 mins. If you can stand the few minutes of grossness then I would say this product is a winner. I would give it a 5 but I took one off because its a bit expensive for the drugstore and of course that scent is less than ideal. I'll buy again though.