November 27, 2014 | 1304 users online

Lipstick - Boots - No 7 Sheer Temptation Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It simply could not be better. I have Smolder, the sheer red that everyone raves about and it is worthy. Utterly face-transforming in a brightening way, not in a 'look at my lips' way. It will be a staple in my bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very good lipstick/lipbalm. I was meant to get n. 5 but got n. 6 by mistake as it was misplaced. It is a very natural peachy colour with no excessive shimmer. The colour is sheer, yet does show up on my lips. It does not have any smell/taste and it is very moisturising. For a more intense effect I use it with the n 7 lip pencil in nude. This lipstick is inexpensive and very good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

I have the red, I think it's Smolder or something along those lines. LOVE IT!!! It's a great shiny red that isn't too red or too shiny. In short, perfection. Lasts about two hours, faded but not bad three. If you're looking for a good red without going too bold and/or something always work appropriate this is your color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the color "Attract" (no. 05). I LOVE this lipstick. It was an impulse purchase and I couldn't be happier. It is so gorgeous. Very sheer, hence the name. Extremely moisturizing, not glittery, with a beautiful glossy sheen to it. No scent at all. Very flattering. I just can't rave enough about it. I've already went back and got a backup, and it was my first in life - buying backups, that is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was given this product as a gift in the colour 'Attract' and I'm now on my second tube. I like the texture of it as I think its like a gloss, but its not sticky. The colour is easily built up in layers too.

Will definitely buy again when I have finished this tube :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hit or miss for me. I have used 3 colors, searching for the perfect one! It is hard to find color descriptions and the bottom does not have accurate color swatches. I do not get any staying power with these, so I may search for a better lipstick.

Attract: My favorite shade of the 3 I own. A very sheer neutral. More of a glossy look than matte. Neutral brown with a hint of pink.

Excite: Looks weird on my lips because it has plum undertones. Would work well for cool undertones. I have yellow undertones, although I am very fair. It fights with my peach blush, so I don't wear it often.

Tempt: Very bright in the tube. Bright pink. It's OK, but I never choose to wear it. It doesn't go on terribly bright as it is a sheer lipcolor.

This lipstick would be better if it included a reliable UVA/B SPF.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Purchased this in Smoulder. I was looking for a dupe of Maraschino my favorite sheer l/s d/c from Px years ago. This didn't make the cut. This is a very shiny l/s which is fine, has no shimmer, which is great, is easily layered for pigment intensity and has a gloss feel but is not sticky. Smoulder looks intimidating in the tube, a bright red coral color. I wanted something that on my PPP complexion and mauve toned lips wouldn't show up as being too blue red. This did. I so wanted to love this but had to return b/c this product had no staying power and cracked and irritated my lips terribly. Unfortunate.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by EgEb

Love it when I first tried their tester at Target. Too bad, many colors have sold out and I got Fascinate which is what I wanted anyway. It is important that you can try any lipstick before buying and boots provides this optional at all Target stores. This is also my favorite Dr. Paula’s top rate lipstick. The representative was very nice and explained the Boots product lines to me in details and handed me $1off coupon at the time. So be sure you ask for one when you decide to purchase any of Boots products. The coupon applies to all the boots products.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Hypnogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this lipstick in Excite, a pretty rosey pink with a little shimmer. It's a MYBB kind of shade.
It can be applied without a mirror as it's so sheer although I prefer to apply it over a lipliner (usually Bobbi Brown Tulip).
I'm on to my second tube and will probably buy it again.
I just wish it was completely shimmer-free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

UPDATE on 9/2013, it has been 4 years since I first reviewed it, and this has become my No. 1 go-to lipstick. I have it in my office drawer, my purse, my gym bag...The shade is a sheer warm nude color ( tawny and nude i guess?). No shimmer, no pearl, no glitter. natural looking, super moisturizing, mistake-proof and reasonably priced. I will repurchase it for the rest of my life.

This is a great lipstick for the price, drugstore version of Chantecaille lip chic. It's a cross of lip stick and lip gloss, with just a hint of color and beautiful shine. I first got it in "attract", sheer peach with beige under tone. Can be used alone or on top of other lipstick. No taste or smell, no visible shimmer, which is a big plus for me. The texture is almost as nice as Chantecaillie's, smooth and creamy as a lip balm plus very moisturizing. BUt I do wish it could last a bit longer. I then bought 2 more "excite " ( sheer rosky pink) and " Smoulder" ( red) from drugstore when it's on sale. Love them all. Very wearable lipstick and reasonably priced.