Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Not a fan of this. I feel like it doesn't do a thing for my hair. Will stick to PSST or Paul Mitchell dry wash

on 7/17/2015 1:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this dry shampoo in the "cheeky fruity" scent. (cherry)
My main use for dry shampoo is when I sweat (either from working out or just the heat) and I need to do my hair without taking the time to wash, condition, dry, and style. That being said, it takes a pretty good dry shampoo to do the job. I have had bad experiences previously with other dry shampoos either 1)leaving too much of a white cast on my hair 2)being too wet and contributing to the grease/oil problem or 3)not being strong enough to get rid of the grease/oil problem
I feel like those 3 are pretty typical problems everyone experiences with dry shampoos. However, I am happy to say that this one in particular has not been an issue in any of these areas! I just lightly spray this throughout my hair, and BAM; no white mess, no dampness, just dry and clean-looking hair. (White cast will happen if you saturate a certain area of hair too much)
I wouldn't like this product as much if it didn't have the fruity scent. I am always afraid that even after using a dry shampoo, my hair will still smell bad from not being properly shampooed. But in this case, I get COMPLIMENTS on how good my hair smells. Even my husband said something about it, and he hardly ever says anything about how I smell.
All of this being said, this dry shampoo is a holy grail product for me, and I will continue to repurchase! 5 lippies!

on 7/15/2015 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have fine hair and it's difficult to find a dry shampoo to ACTUALLY do its job For me. I tried the Tresseme fresh start dry shampoo and didn't like it much, which led me to believe that all dry shampoos were all the same. Since then, I began washing my hair every day UNTIL I read that doing so was AWFUL for your hair and scalp. I was then desperate to find an actual good dry shampoo that I could trust.
I read reviews about Batiste and I decided to try it. When I went to my local Rexall, they had 2 scents there: Blush and the Original. Unfortunately the original wasn't there at the time, so I tried the Blush scent instead.
I waited a few days for my hair to be at its oiliest so it could work its magic. When I used it, it was LIFE CHANGING. My hair got SO MUCH LIFT AND VOLUME from using this product! It was unbelievable! I am blown away and I will probably never use anything else! It did leave residue, but it's not something that you can't work with. I just make sure to not use a lot on my hair. If you're also not a fan of the white residue and you have dark hair, they also make some DS specifically for certain natural hair colours; blondes, brunettes, redheads, etc.
The packaging is cute, the scent was alright (I now use the Original as it smells more fresh than the Blush scent and I prefer it) and the price was okay for a drugstore dry shampoo. I paid $7.99 for mine...and that was ON SALE. It's regularly at $9.99, which I think I can handle unless I find something cheaper that gives amazing results as well, although I can't see that happening right away.
I actually prefer to NOT wash my hair now and that's so weird for me to say! But I am not ashamed to rock 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th day hair (if I can get away with 5th haha) My hair has never been healthier feeling as well and I actually like my hair now and can embrace it better now that it can have volume and bounce without washing and blow drying.
GREAT PRODUCT. I love it!

on 7/13/2015 12:07:00 PM

For an inexpensive dry shampoo, this isn't bad. It does leave some residue, but I have blonde hair, and when I brush the product through it, it isn't really noticeable (either that, or I hang out with very polite people who just haven't said anything). The best part, to me, besides the reasonable price, is the lack of odor. I tried another cheapie-the Not Your Mother's brand, but the fragrance was HORRIBLE-I actually had to leave the room!-and also the Regis brand, which is not only more expensive, but also has a strong smell. Batiste is great-no suffocating fumes, and I haven't had any problems with the aerosol clogging up on the can. I don't really use a lot of this-mostly just on my bangs and front hairline, so I will probably continue to invest in Batiste when I need dry shampoo-for the price, it really does a good job. Under ten dollars wherever I've seen it, and it can be found in most drug and grocery stores.

This one is a winner! You can't beat the quality and price of this dry shampoo. I usually like to purchase the original scent just because it smells fresh and clean instead of super perfume-y. I used to have to wash my hair every other day because it got oily pretty fast, but i can put off washing my hair for another day or two using this! My hair is so much more healthy now. I have repurchased this several times and will continue to! Love it!

on 7/10/2015 1:32:00 PM

Inexpensive, lots of variety, and works well.

What more can I say? I've tried several dry shampoos. My hair was quite long and got oily quickly, so I'd use dry shampoo so that I wouldn't have to wash my hair every day. Batiste works just as well as any of the expensive brands, and because you can choose from several scents and colors, you can have it however you want it.

I tried the brown for a while, hoping it would cover up my grays, but I think it's really more so that you don't have the white haze. (Tip: if you get a white haze, you're using too much. Use less, and it'll look better and make the can last longer.)

This is also one of the cheapest brands. I definitely recommend trying it!

on 7/10/2015 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My review is for the original spray with a clean scent. I'm so happy I finally found a dry shampoo that I like that is under $10. For the last few years I've been using Klorane which isn't very easy to find and kind of pricey (although it smells and works great). I wash my hair every other day and on the days that I skip Batiste does a great job of removing oil and giving my fine hair some oomph (technical term). I do not like all the scents in the Batiste line and think that they can be overpowering, but the Clean scent is lovely and does not give me a headache.

on 7/7/2015 9:17:00 PM

This review is for Batiste Strength and Shine. This is my first can of Batiste and the few times I've used it I've been really happy with it. I have thin, fine hair that gets greasy after a day. I don't prefer to wash my hair daily so this is a great alternative for me. Yes it's pricey but you get what you pay for. I bought it at Ulta and get a few bucks taken off between coupons, my Ulta membership or both. It smells really fresh and not tutti fruity which I hate, it's really nice. I never notice white residue but Im sure to massage it in well. I feel this will last me awhile; I don't need hardly any to get beautiful 'clean hair' I'm going to experiment more with this dry shampoo like using it after washing my hair for a textured, just woke up like this look & I'll update. But so far it's beyond fantastic. It's a must have.

on 7/7/2015 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

great product I cant live without it I already buy a can every month
my hair is so greasy and my hair is fine
it gets rid of the oil and gave my hair a texture
really amazing product

on 7/5/2015 9:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I go through about a can of Batiste dry shampoo per month. I love this stuff: it does a great job of absorbing oil and giving hair a little extra texture/volume. I even use it on clean hair after I blowdry, to give my hair a tousled, "I-woke-up-like-this" look. It does leave a white cast if you don't blend it in well, but no more so than most dry shampoo brands.

I also love that the brand has such a wide variety of scents/formulations. My favorite is the "Floral & Flirty Blush" fragrance, but all the ones I've tried have smelled pretty good imo. The "original" scent is kinda unisex/masculine.

Video Reviews & Tutorials