October 24, 2014 | 1832 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Bare Escentuals - eye makeup remover

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2007 12:06:00 AM More reviews by jam95630

I got this because I wanted a cheaper alternative to Lancome's Bifacil eye makeup remover. Well, it removed my waterproof mascara and eyeliner but it also stung my eyes. It also didn't remove the mascara as easily as the Bifacil does.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by princesnessa

i have trouble finding a good eye makeup remover that i like. i have tried them all and really like this one. it takes my eye makeup off right away. so many others i have tried you have to scrub and countless cotton balls later it is finally off. this is a one cotton ball type of thing and i love it. reasonable price and it's a pretty blue! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2006 10:54:00 PM More reviews by escalades

I thought that because this is a BE product, it would prove to be yet another winner. However, there are a feew problems with it. First, packaging. I can't stand the top. I wish they had given it a flip top instead of a push down top which gives me a harder time controlling the amount I put on my cotton pad or q-tip. And second, consistancy. I understand that the oil in the product is used for moisturizing and for getting rid of waterproof makeup. It's way too oily for my liking. I find that I'm constantly wiping off my eyes with a cotton pad to get rid of the greasiness. This is not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2006 3:00:00 AM More reviews by stolenlife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the eye makeup remover in the little swab form in a plastic box. The product cannot remove that much eye makeup. I had trouble removing the eyeshadow from a single eyelid. The swab end became saturated with makeup and I could not remove any more makeup. Instead, it seemed I was just smearing the makeup on the q-tip back onto my eyelid when I reached the second eyelid. It would probably be good if you have light amounts of eyeshadow on or maybe just eyeliner, but it definitely does not work well for me.
Edit:
Oh my gosh, it burns my eyes like no other as well, geez. Awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2006 1:39:00 AM More reviews by hera_paestum

On The Spot. Sells at specialty strores for 5.00USD. Works well and very cool product delivery system. I am not sure whether it's worth the cost, however. Not practical for me-even for use at the gym. I prefer the feel of a moistened pad with remover on my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2006 5:52:00 PM More reviews by nicolley77

this stuff burns my eyes and smells like nail polish remover. after using it a couple of times i started thinking that maybe they DID give me nail polish remover by accident, and i started freaking out that i had been putting it on my eyes. i don't think it did any permanent damage, but i don't think it's makeup removing capabilities are worth the pain.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2005 4:58:00 AM More reviews by karennina

I think this is a silicone type remover, which will dissolve the waterproof stuff soap-based ones can't touch, but won't leave your skin as oily as the oil-based. I was glad to find it at first because I always wanted to find something that worked as good as an oil-based without the greasy mess and difficulty washing off (what are you supposed to use on your eyes afterwards? most cleansers say avoid the eyes). BUT, after a few weeks of using this I tried MAC cleanse-off oil and will never go back to anything else. It is oil-based BUT specially formulated so the oil turns milky and dissolves when you rinse with water. I'm just using this for dabbing under the eye with a q-tip if my mascara needs correcting.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2005 8:03:00 PM More reviews by deziree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a little strong. It burns my eyes a bit. It tends to leave a film on and around my eyes after I use it. Maybe it's supposed to do that, but it's kinda weird. I find myself rubbing harder than I think I should need to; it doesn't seem to dissolve mascara (non-waterproof) that well. It's not uncommon for me to have a bit of raccoon eye after using this remover, and I'm not *that* heavy on the mascara. This stuff is pretty expensive for a so-so product. I don't think it's worth the price and I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by krosser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, not harsh, doesn't bother my eyes. Takes off my eye make up. I don't wear water proof so I can't tell you if it works on that.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2003 3:19:00 AM More reviews by joyacchen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stung my eyes, so I returned it.