Everyday Minerals Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals

on 6/28/2008 1:42:00 AM

This product I wanted to love.. within minutes my face was burning, puffy, red, and itchy.. and it lasted 8 hours.. the next day i had 3 pimples.. and i never get pimples.. I'm still trying to get my skin back to normal.

WILL NEVER purchase again..

on 6/23/2008 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I've used this for about a week w/o problems. I've been using it as a base to apply before I use my edm matte ftd and concealer (in that order). I find that it does make my face quite matte and reduces the need for blotting thru out the day. it also essentially eliminates the need for a silicone based primer (smashbox photofinish) although i still use this on the t zone before the silk dust if i think i'll be out all day/night or will be esp. hot and sweaty.
the silk dust is essentially colorless, and provides no coverage, just a matte base to apply color. i have had no skin reactions thus far but will update if otherwise. so far i love it! i bought it part of the 12 item custom kit so it worked out to be <$5 each which is a great deal for the large amt you get. a light dusting is all you need!

on 6/17/2008 4:52:00 PM

I used this product for about a month and developed tiny bumps under my skin. They looked like tiny pimples and made my skin texture rough and uneven so I took a break from it for a week and the tiny bumps slowly disappeared and there were no new ones after that. Since I only noticed the tiny bumps when I started using the silk dust and they disappeared after I stopped using it, I basically blame the silk dust as the main culprit. There was no way that I going to carry on with it since my skin disagrees with it.

I also find that the silk dust comes off when I sweat which is extremely annoying. I've found myself walking around with white powder floating obviously over my nose even after just running up the stairs since I tend to sweat easily around my T-zone area.

on 6/12/2008 2:45:00 PM

I would love to love this product, but I think I'm allergic to Silk Powder, because my skin broke out in tiny bumps which went away once I stopped using this product. And it made my skin itch terribly.

I think I'll just use it on my hair.

To be fair, this is probably a very good product judging from the reviews here, and my mom is neutral towards it when I gave her all 3 of my silk powders. It's just too bad that I'm not suitable for it :(

on 6/8/2008 10:58:00 AM

I wasnt really as impressed by this as I thought I would be although it has performed slightly better than what I was using for oil control previously so that explains my rating. Its very hit and miss for me on whether this control oil throughout the day - sometimes I apply it and I'll be oily an hour later and the next day I can apply it exactly the same and it'll work really well, lasting many more hours. I cant really figure out how that works lol as I do the exact same routine every morning. Its certainly not a miracle product - I still havent found anything that completely controls oil but its one step closer anyways - but as anyone with oily skin knows its still frustrating to have to blot and worry about checking a mirror every hour or two.

on 6/3/2008 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry-combi skin with my t-zone having a tendency to oil up by mid-day. I decided to try this (the tinted version) after reading the comments/raves in my local beauty forum about its great oil-control ability. I got the chance to put this powder to the test when I had a BBQ party to attend last weekend, and this did a good job! Of course, my t-zone still oiled up, but it lasted a wee bit longer than usual. I also didn't top-up the entire day because the oil wasn't that gross and gave me a sort of dewy look that I could live with. It also didn't cause me any breakouts. Which is great! I like this so far. If you haven't already tried this there's nothing to lose. :)

on 5/19/2008 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

At first I absolutely loved this powder.... I still like it, but it definitely isn't perfect... It does make my face look flawless, but it doesn't last very long on my oily skin... Still a great product, though.. I think next time I'll try the tinted kind.

on 5/14/2008 1:08:00 PM

I use this as a primer and although my skin is on the dry side, I find that silk dust helps to even out my oily t-zone with the drier areas of my skin. This really helps my foundation go on smoothly, however, it definitely has a white cast to it which is noticeable on my cool fair skin.

on 5/13/2008 5:37:00 PM

My favorite powder! Gives a perfect finish over my mineral foundation and blush (Miessence brand). Lasts all day and looks great. Will buy again and again. I previously used Everyday Minerals foundation and loved it, but realized (through research) that titanium dioxide actually does more harm than good, so I switched to Miessence.

on 5/10/2008 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It is a product from heaven. It perfectly make the skin matte and gives you velvet finish. Two thumbs up!

Recommended for Normal Skin