April 17, 2014 | 1873 users online

Lip Gloss - Smashbox - tokidoki - dolcissima

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by may_baby

I bought this one because I usually always buy pinker tones. So I wanted to try something different. I don't think it complemented my skin tone. It was too light for me. I'm a fair/medium tone skinned Asian gal. I just didn't like it very much. Probably will just use it over darker lipstick colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 9:33:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

Limited edition blush with the Tokidoki collection released Spring 2007. The collection is based on Japenese artwork and all the pieces have cute pictures on them. Dolcissima is a shimmery pale peach color with a hint of pink. Its not as pigmented as it looks in the tube but its not completely clear either. Very pretty. The tube is really cute and the gloss has a nailpolish wand type applicator. no scent and retails for $19.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by macompanick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this gloss on a whim, and the more I wear it, the more I really, really like it! First off, the packaging is adorable (and packaging usually means squat to me - as long as I can fit a product in my pocket, I'm good to go). The gloss itself is really something. My lips have a lot of pigment and this tones them down without washing me out. It's also not too peachy (unlike Nars Orgasm gloss). Though I tend to shy away from glittery/sparkly stuff on my lips, I feel this gloss provides a sophisticated shimmer/shine. My husband hates goop on my lips, but he hans't complained about this gloss yet. Another plus is the brush applicator, which I prefer to a sponge. Some other reviewers claim it's not long lasting (c'mon gals, we all know this is not a strong suit of the gloss category), but I think it's fantastic. It's not drying and the shimmer/shine fades away gradually, leaving lips lush-looking for hours. This is the best gloss I've found in a while! If I'm still using it in several weeks, I'll bump it up to 5 lippies - any lip product that can capture my attention for more than a week deserves all five! EDIT: I'm still using it, so true to my word, I'm bumping the review to 5 lippies. One small note, the gloss tends to glop out of the tube when I screw the top back on, so I have to wipe it with a tissue before putting it back in my make-up bag. No biggie, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2007 2:47:00 AM More reviews by smiley888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this gloss over drammatica. this is a shimmery nude color, gives my lips 3D shine! it's my new favorite gloss. staying power is okay. but the tube will last a long time. packaging is the best to match its highend price. no smell, applies very smooth= excellent quality. the color in the tube isn't as peachy or dull as it would seem, i love it as it is very 3dimensional sparkle and tones down my pigmented lips into a nice pearly neutral color. would look best with dark eyes and color. it's just awesome. don't forget to order from smashbox.com and receive free shipping + free samples!!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by gothvixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The packaging alone suckered me in. Pretty color. Not sticky. This is YLBB type of gloss. My only complaint is that I wish it had a teensy wee bit more staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by petitsinge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the other reviewers - the packaging is totally adorable and uber cute. I liked the color payoff of this - it came out peachy on my lips and wasn't too sticky. Brush wand was a little bit annoying because product came out in one big glop on the brush but I think the color and packaging more than make up for this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by betseygirl

i gave this a 5 for packaging, but that is the only upside of it for me. I purchased this along with an eyeshadow quad which ended up being returned because there was little pigment in the shadows. (i am a ppp by the way, stila 20watts, BE fairly light)
I kept the gloss because i love the packaging and the color is a pretty peach. the only downside to this gloss i notice is that it dries my lips out. i found it to be quite sticky for myself and my lips started peeling a bit, so needless to say i wont wear this often. It was only worth the packaging.:(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by banana_008

This colour is part of the limited edition tokidoki collection and is a shimmery pale peachy pink colour. I paid $19 Canadian plus tax. The packaging definately gets full points because of the uber cute tokidoki characters on the tube. Although the colour looks really peachy in the tube, it shows up much more pink on my lips. Most pale frosty lip colours make me look washed out and dated but this one doesn't. I think it's because the shimmer is multicoloured and not white or silver. The texture is very smooth and not sticky. Not smell or taste. Lasting power is pretty good considering this is not a sticky gloss.

UPDATE: after only owning for a few months, the cute tokidoki decals started wearing off. I just never reach for it anymore.