December 18, 2014 | 1784 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

HOW DID I LIVE WITHOUT THIS TIL NOW!?
I got this through a swap as an extra and now I've become addicted to it.
I cannot believe how amazing this is. I only used a few highlighters before but this one is just perfect.
The down side is that I have huge pores so when I start sweating or my oil comes through it looks a bit flaky but I mean that's not Lightscapade's fault.
I've got so many compliments ever since I started using this.
I look so fresh and bright and a bit goes a long way!
This is definitely my HG when it comes to highlighters. I feel like I don't need to look any further.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ninachu8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this highlighter. I'm have pretty oily skin so for me I've always hated seeing anything shiny on my face so I've been pretty afraid to try out highlighters because I don't want my face to look oily. But this highlighter is absolutely perfect for me. I don't look oily at all when I wear this and it just gives me a perfect glow.

It's definitely not a dramatic highlighter, so if you're looking for an intense highlight I wouldn't buy this, but if you're like me and you want something subtle but still noticeable, this is the highlighter for you. It's a pretty neutral highlighter as well, so I think it would be pretty suitable for all skin undertones. Since it's more sheer than the other MAC Mineralized Skin Finish highlighters, I would tell those with darker skin tones to give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by candymarie2

This is a great every day highlighter that can be used a lot of different ways. It's great for highlighting the cheekbone, for the eyelids or under the brows, great for under eye area to give you a brighter awake look. This is a perfect highlighter. Very versatile product. You can get a light highlight/sheen with this or you can build it for a more intense highlight. Beautiful!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by snowglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

As a cool-toned PPP who doesn't sleep nearly enough, this is THE product to take my face from "half dead" to "glowy and alive!" without looking unnatural. It brightens up my face to the extent that I sometimes skip BB cream or foundation simply because I have all the glow I need from this product with my moisturizer. Because this product imparts no chunky glitter and very little color, the effect is subtle and polished, more subtle even than Porcelain Pink in the same range.

If you are fair-skinned and looking for a highlighter with a heavy dramatic impact, Lightscapade is not it--I'd recommend NARS Albatross (white-gold shimmer) or the MAC Soft and Gentle MSF (more beigey-silver). Lightscapade, on the other hand, is perfect on my cheeks and temples for days at the office when I want to look fresh-faced and well-rested. It also works well when used to add a subtle highlight to the browbone, inner eye, and cupid's bow areas. This product's wear is normally 4-6 hours for me, but this can be extended by using a setting spray after application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this highlighter! Like everyone has said as a pale girl it is a dream product! I love mine it has a lot of blue in it with some pink and that lovely beige-y colour. I never had a highlight of this shade. I'm used to MaryLou but this is a great subtle highlighter that is great for daytime in my case. I need something that's not too shimmery but allows what I want to stand out and this does that for me. I'm an NW15-20 and I apply this with a fan brush and it works great. It definitely shows upon me and gives me a soft focus "glow-ey" look that is perfect for daytime and I find it looks better as the day goes on. It has more of a pearl then shimmery finish which, I really like.

You get a huge amount as well! It's a little on the pricey side but you get a ton. Plus the formula is fantastic so I don't mind paying for good quality. This would also be good for under eye concealing as well I would think. This can definitely be used for multitasking and the marbling on these are just beautiful! Mine has a nice amount of blue veins in it and it's just lovely. This is totally for me a pale girls dream and is a beautiful highlighter that's pretty foolproof. So Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by bequeenb

This adds a beautiful shimmer to your face. It's a perfect highlighter for us who gets really pale in the wintertime! Not to shimmery, just perfect! And you get loads of product for your money!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Mrs_Rollins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A beautiful, subtle wash of shimmer in the finely-milled, velvet soft formulation that MSF is famous for. Unfortunately, on my N5 skin (OCC Y0, NARS Chantilly, etc) this doesn't show up at all. No matter how heavily I apply it, it simply isn't visible. I've even tried applying it with a damp brush and...nothing. So sad because I wanted to love this product. On light skin tones who aren't quite as pale as myself I'm sure this would be a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by jc2729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, subtle, cool toned highligher!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by jesshemx

Love this product! I was first tempted by the Soft and Gentle shade after seeing people rave about it online, but thought it looked dark and orange upon seeing it in a Mac store! I'm NC15 and I thought S and G would be too much for me. So I looked into their other shades online and came upon Lightscapade. And I love it!
I use a Real Techniques highlighting brush and sweep the product on my cheekbones, forehead, nose, and chin. I also use it underneath my brows and very lightly underneath my eyes over my concealer to brighten them up (I have really bad dark circles.)
The shimmer is really subtle but gives you a lovely glow! I can also see the product lasting forever as I use it almost every day and there is no sign of usage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very pale skin (NW10) and this highlighter is perfect. I have dry skin and I apply this after moisturizer and foundation and it does not cling to dry patches at all and it does not emphasize pores. I use a powder brush to apply it to my nose, forehead, chin and cheekbones and it is very subtle but pretty. I love that it does not change the colour of my foundation. My only complaint would be that it is very subtle and I wish it added a little more shimmer to be more noticeable. Definitely only purchase this if you have very pale skin or are looking for a subtle highlighter as I don't think this would show up on darker skin tones. Sometimes I use this to set my cream blush as well. It is a little expensive but lasts forever. I will repurchase for sure