September 20, 2014 | 1807 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Mrs_Rollins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A beautiful, subtle wash of shimmer in the finely-milled, velvet soft formulation that MSF is famous for. Unfortunately, on my N5 skin (OCC Y0, NARS Chantilly, etc) this doesn't show up at all. No matter how heavily I apply it, it simply isn't visible. I've even tried applying it with a damp brush and...nothing. So sad because I wanted to love this product. On light skin tones who aren't quite as pale as myself I'm sure this would be a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by jc2729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, subtle, cool toned highligher!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Get it while you can.

I wish MAC would make some of their most popular MSF permanent. But then again, they know how to play the game, don't they?

This isn't frosty like the other highlights, rather, it's a subtle sheen of pale silvery beige.

The colour is pretty sheer unless you apply with a really dense brush (Real Techniques Contour brush). I like to use it as an undereye setting powder also due to the luminous finish it gives off.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by jesshemx

Love this product! I was first tempted by the Soft and Gentle shade after seeing people rave about it online, but thought it looked dark and orange upon seeing it in a Mac store! I'm NC15 and I thought S and G would be too much for me. So I looked into their other shades online and came upon Lightscapade. And I love it!
I use a Real Techniques highlighting brush and sweep the product on my cheekbones, forehead, nose, and chin. I also use it underneath my brows and very lightly underneath my eyes over my concealer to brighten them up (I have really bad dark circles.)
The shimmer is really subtle but gives you a lovely glow! I can also see the product lasting forever as I use it almost every day and there is no sign of usage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very pale skin (NW10) and this highlighter is perfect. I have dry skin and I apply this after moisturizer and foundation and it does not cling to dry patches at all and it does not emphasize pores. I use a powder brush to apply it to my nose, forehead, chin and cheekbones and it is very subtle but pretty. I love that it does not change the colour of my foundation. My only complaint would be that it is very subtle and I wish it added a little more shimmer to be more noticeable. Definitely only purchase this if you have very pale skin or are looking for a subtle highlighter as I don't think this would show up on darker skin tones. Sometimes I use this to set my cream blush as well. It is a little expensive but lasts forever. I will repurchase for sure

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by jlushh

I love this stuff. For years I searched for the perfect product that would give me that lovely cheek glow, this is it!

I have nc15 skin and it looks fantastic when used on top of blusher on my cheekbones and does not leave an awful texture like some products do.

You can use a little or build up for a more night time look which I really like.

Mine has lasted me quite a while (3 months so far and I don't think I am anywhere near pan) and I use it almost every day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this stuff! I got this at the CCO as well, on a whim. I am glad that I did. Not only does it give a beautiful subtle glow to wherever it's applied, it lasts FOREVER. I've been using it everytime I wear makeup (which is most days) and it doesn't look like it's been touched. Ordinarily, I wouldn't invest so much into a highlighter but considering the gorgeous effect and how long it will last, I feel that it's worth it. I have also been using it as a subtle highlight to my brow bone and inner eye area. (oh, and it hasn't broken my skin out or caused any irritation. i have SUPER sensitive skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know what to say other than I LOVE this product. It is so pretty, the first day I wore it I received many random compliments on how pretty I looked. I am very fair, MAC NW10, and this highlighter is light and dewy. I apply it lightly with a light fan brush over my foundation and it is easily noticed without being overwhelming. The product lasted on my face all night long and did not require touch ups. It looks super pretty with every color of blush I wear. Perhaps this would be too bright/white for darker skin tones but if you are fair try it... you wont regret it. I am thinking about stocking up on a bunch while I can before they are gone forever!

Edit: To anyone who says they can't really see it - buy MAC fix + and spray your brush with it before applying. It will make a huge difference!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by HaveMercyJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this finish! I wear a matted face powder so it gives me the perfect glow finish. A little goes a long way so it's lasted me a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by liviehenderson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I usually like most makeup that i buy, i am not usually fussy with makeup just as long as it doesn't make me look orange!
But honestly i really don't like this skin finish its like putting baby powder on your face, actually i think baby powder is better? thats how bad it is!
I am pastely white so i can not actually tell if its working because it just disappears on my skin but then when i go into the sun i can't stop laughing because my skin looks perfect but i have thick patches of glitter whiteness on my cheekbones! And then i thought i would give it another go so i put it on moderately and asked my best friend if she noticed any difference and she said it just looks like ive put glitter on my face!
totally gutted with this product because MAC is not cheap, so if you want this product, test it first especially if your pastely white!
Hope it works for you :) xo