MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

4.3

on 1/25/2015 6:52:00 PM

Love this highlighter! I have very fair skin but this has a subtle yet gorgeous effect, packaging is brilliant and will last forever! I've owned it for a year and I swear it hasn't even gone down. One of my MAC ultimate favs.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this to use as a highlighter, though I find I use it both as a highlighter and a finishing powder. It is very opalescent, and works best as a highlighter when I pair it with a cool toned blush, such as MAC's Well Dressed.

I have fair skin, and I found that this does not add a lot of luminosity to my face, and takes quite a bit of product for it to actually show up on me. For example, my Becca highlighters, or MAC's Soft & Gentle are much more luminous on me. This is okay for the office, or when I want to emphasize other features than my skin. Sometimes I just enjoy putting on a lot of product - so this is perfect for that. This also would be a great product who doesn't want to glisten or shine, and for people who are quite fair. I could see this looking powdery on someone who has a deeper skintone.

on 12/30/2014 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This has to be one of my all time favourite highlighters; which is a huge statement for me because I own dozens and highlighters are kind of my jam. Glowy and dewy is my favourite way to look, if anyone says to me I look healthy and awake then its a huge compliment for me.
Lightscapade had been out of stock for so long from where I wanted it (even online) and I had heard so many good things about it I was over the moon when I finally managed to get my hands on it.
The shade itself is a gorgeous beige/cream/soft white (hard to describe) with lots of multi-dimensional veins in there that are pale pink, pale lilac and theres definitely a champagne-esque shimmer in there. Whats so good about this highlight is that its so sheer and soft that not only can you pack on a ton when you want to be the shimmer queen on a night out, its soft enough for daytime wear too.
I like to apply mine on all the standard places (of which most people are all too aware) on the high points of the face where the sun naturally catches. I also use my fan brush because I find it works the best. Its a great browbone highlight too.
Overall, this is amazing, and I think if you are a person who hates highlighters that either have way too much shimmer or actual chunks of glitter then this is most definitely for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite highlighters and one of my favorite products from MAC. It's extremely subtle, making it perfect for daily use. Do not get this if you want an obviously high-lit look because it isn't very buildable. It also contains Bismuth Oxychloride which some people are sensitive to.

on 10/22/2014 4:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I've been wanting this for years and I finally caved in. I got this off ebay since I don't like the new packaging (stupid reason but still). The product is really amazing. Mine doesn't have too much of an obvious veining, but that's fine by me. On my warm-toned skin, it's a pinkish/champagny highlighter, neutral-cool toned, but not too cool. I can't say if it will look ashy on darker skintones though (I'm fair). Although I would have preferred it to be a *tiny* bit more finely milled, it still doesn't have any big shimmer. I reach for this whenever I want a no-brainer highlight that isn't as obvious or hard to work with as the Mary-Lou Manizer (my other favourite). The lasting power is pretty good. It didn't count it in hours, but there's still a hint of it at the end of the day. The pigmentation is perfect and not too powdery. I will repurchase it, but it's too bad MAC isn't cruelty free. Normally I only buy makeup that it cruelty free, but for this I made an exception. That's how much I adore this. Would recommend!

on 9/30/2014 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I caved and got this because it used to be a limited edition product and there was so much hype around it. I got it when it was still an LE product so there was some pressure behind this purchase.
I'm somewhat underwhelmed, although I think this does have a purpose. It is a very understated highlighter. It is much less in your face than other highlighters I've seen and that can definitely be a positive thing. Especially if you're working in a very professional environment or simply don't want a shimmer bomb of a highlighter. I do like my highlighters to be a tad more shimmery than this, but this definitely has a purpose like I said. Mine doesn't have as many blue "veins" in it as I've seen in other pictures of the product, which I'm kind of bummed about.
This is a descent highlighter and would work for someone who likes an extremely subtle and somewhat boring highlight shade. However, if I'm looking for a subtle highlight I could find something at the drugstore for less than half of the price that is very similar.

on 9/27/2014 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this originally when the "Danse" collection came out (one of my all-time favorite MAC promotions.) It was originally limited edition, then it was repromoted in 2011 or so, then it came out permanently and wow is it more expensive! (I think it used to be $20, now it's 32 which is a fifty percent increase. Cu-razy.) However, of all the highlighter powders I've tried, this one is different. I have used Smashbox and Laura Geller and Bobbi Brown but Lightscapade works all over my face for a really beautiful glow, and it doesn't look too glittery. I don't have the wear issues that some people report having. I put it on at seven in the morning, coming home at five pm, I can still see that glow on my face with no re-application. I apply mine either over liquid foundation or mineral foundation (I use Laura Geller) and it's equally effective.

I LOVE this highlighter by MAC!!
I have been trying to get hold of this gem for ages! Every-time I checked for it online it was out of stock, so I visited a MAC store and grabbed one (remind me never to go to a MAC store again!! The shops are way too small and there are too many people!!)
First off let's talk about the packaging, it's simple and efficient and I really like it!
But, the actual product is what makes it so good!
when I first swatched this I wasn't amazed, it looked good - just like any other highlighter
...but it's not...
Throughout the day I noticed that it just got better and better on my skin, it gave me a gorgeous healthy glow and made my cheek bones pop which is what I want. This highlighter looks tremendous in photographs too!!
The texture it just right, not chalky, but not too 'thin' (I couldn't think of a better word :/ )
The pigment is high quality and the colour of the highlighter means that it doesn't look obvious on your face, very subtle and natural - like highlighter should be (saying that though - it can be built up)
This is my go to highlighter!
I use a fan brush to apply this :)
(I paid 23.00 for this highlighter)

on 9/14/2014 1:50:00 PM

this is simply beautiful just to look at in the compact... it's like an opal. i was introduced to this when mac was sending an email about the "impeccable face" which included CC cream, face & body, and this product. i went out and bought all 3. the CC in neutralize is now a staple (i have redness) and the face and body filles a niche that i discussed in that review. now this powder is a gorgeous highlighter. i never thought i'd need that in daily wear but it really just makes your makeup so much prettier. following some advice from here, i use a fan brush to apply this to my cheekbones (with a small line of blush or bronzer in a neutral shade underneath as to not accentuate redness but to add some dimention; the mac artist told me that the highlighter works synergystically with a blush/or bronzer). i use a denser brush to set my concealer underneath the eyes with this as well and it looks GORGEOUS - like 12 hours sleep in a compact! HIGHLY recommend this beautiful product! i also lightly dust down the nose, put in the cupid's bow, inner corner of eye, brow bone.. etc.

on 8/25/2014 6:25:00 AM

I just love love love love this highlighter. Its so subtle yet wow, I feel like this just wakes up my face and gives it more dimension, without being obvious, perfect for that no makeup makeup look. But that being said you can also apply it quite heavily for a dramatic effect (though it does end uplooking more whitish). I don't at all fine this product to be chalky and the shimmer is so beautifully finely milled, none of those chunks of glitter crap that leave you looking like some childhood party fairy entertainer.
while it is pricey, (especially here in Australia where every makeup item is unjustifiably 100x the us price) it lasts agggeeeeessssss, I've used it almost daily for at nearly half a year and have barely hit the pan, and when I do i will defs be repurchasing!!