August 30, 2014 | 1728 users online

Lips - C.O. Bigelow - Spearmint Mentha Lip Shine

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like how that this gives a tingly cool sensation on your lips. when you breathe in your mouth gets a cool sensation but i don't think it hovers bad breathe at all. It gives a nice shine without stickiness. I'm not a fan of lip glosses because i don't like the shine on my lips. I like lip glosses because they are very moisturizing for the lips. I apply before bed and when i wake up the lips are nice and smooth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by jadejiang

It's just all right. I'm not a big fan of this flavour even though I usually love spearmint flavoured things.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

A different variety of my favorite Mentha Lip Shine...I love spearmint; it's my favorite mint, and I can get it in a gloss. I opened up this tube recently because I finished off my black cherry soda tubes. Between these and the Buxom glosses, I'm pretty set.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Olena

I go through these like crazy because I just lick my lips SO much-- this stuff tastes amazing. I use this and chew spearmint gum, so I guess my mouth is coordinated, haha.
The sweet taste and awesome smell make this my absolute favorite day-to-day gloss. I wear this alone for clear, shiny lips or over lipsticks or other glosses. I don't think I've gone a day without this in God knows how long. It keeps your lips soft and moisturized. I can't say much about the "breath-freshening benefits," because I don't notice a difference one way or another, since I live on gum and my breath smells spearminty all the time. The packaging is very convenient and fits comfortably into a pocket. The only downfall is that it does tend to pick up some dust.
Boys love the taste of this :-D
Girls, I'm not kidding. You need to get this. It will change your life. TOTALLY recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Darkshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the smell, and slight taste. A bit moisturizing, so I like this. I truly hate the packaging though. Blegh! It picks up dirt and shadow particles and all manner of ickies from my make up bag and looks disgusting!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by strickers

Nice shimmery shine, amazing taste, very moisturizing while it's on.. and I like that it has EO's in it.

Careful with the tube, though: the product is really soft and lends itself easily to breaking. It also wears down quickly; after a week's worth of use, I've made a VERY noticable dent.

Probably wouldn't repurchase, but that's based on my love for trying new things, and the fact that this product is hard to get where I am.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried the peppermint version of this stuff since I cannot stand spearmint. I don't see what the big deal about this product is - in fact I see a lot of problems with it.
Yes, it is extremely minty and fresh, but the smell is so strong that it's almost offensive. It's supposed to freshen breath or something? Right. Because putting something on your lips is going to affect the inside of your mouth. Ridiculous marketing strategy.
It's very thick and shiny which is a good thing I guess. It doesn't stay on very long though. I had a tube of this stuff for a couple of months and overused it because I just wanted to get rid of it. I was getting sick of the flavor and the fact that it contains mint oils which dry out lips like crazy. I have enough problems with my lips so this stuff just contributed to the drying problems.
I just don't get this product and would never purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

I am a spearmint fan so I love this. On lips it looks just like the original that comes in the light mint green tube but I really like the change of pace from that with this spearmint flavor. Yummy!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. But I AM partial to spearmint and this had just enough to be yummy but not so much that I eat it off. :) Stays on great and smells divine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the minty smell and taste of this lipgloss/chapstick! It gives me shiny modelesque lips that I haven't had in years! I shyed away from CO Bigelow's lipglosses in the past because I've had the regular lipglosses and the almond oil one separate (oil and goop consistency) over several weeks of buying it. Also, I feel like a lot of bath and body works lines within the store are very mass produced and I thought they were just like any other lipglosses/chapsticks. I haven't noticed the consistency change on this one, but I have noticed that the minty taste doesn't even taste bad!! All I want to do is lick my lips! Ok, not really, but you know what I mean! I love it! No lip allergy or chapstick dependency noted as of yet, but I'm sure the spearmint is kind of irritating to the lips.. that tingling feeling is consistent with many lip plumpers on the market! Anyway, my favorite chapstick/lipgloss is still Kiehl's but I will repurchase this minty goodness if I ever run out!!