Make Up For Ever Mist and Fix

3.8

Aqua (Water) Methyl Propanediol, AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Parfum (Fragrance), Chitosan Succinamide, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 8/6/2013 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this instead of the loose powder to give it a try. You actually get more ounces from the look powder and I am thinking of buying that as well to mix into a bottle in the future. This stuff is a little pricey but amazing!

After seeing reviews for other makeup setters I went to Sephora and got the small bottle of this to try. I have been using it for over a month now and the little bottle is only halfway done. I do two sprays in the morning (one foot away on each side of my face) and leave it alone. It does make your makeup last longer!

The only downside is that if you apply more makeup later in the day, the effect is lost. So in the terrible Texas heat I spray twice in the morning and by 3pm notice my makeup has lost some coverage around my mouth (from talking, eating, drinking, etc.), if I put new powder over my face then the spray is below and no longer setting powder. That means unless you spray again then you are going to notice that new layer fading just as normal. I use this spray in the morning and a cheap drugstore brand to keep in my purse for later in the day.

on 6/16/2013 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I mostly use this over mineral powder foundation. It sets it and keeps it from looking too dry. I spray this. Wait about a minute, then go over my face lightly with a powder brush. I love the result. I have also used this kind of like an activator. I spray it on the back of my hand, dip an eyeliner brush in it, then use to to apply powder shadows as a liner. It seems to work well for that purpose as well. Overall, I like this. I don't use it all the time, so the small bottle has lasted a while.

on 5/25/2013 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Impulse buy, haha. I sprayed too close to my face but after a while when it dried, it gives that hd effect D: real smooth looking! It also help me make my makeup lasts from 8am till like 11pm LOL (and even yoga classes) but my foundation consist of only powder. I will get the big one again~

on 12/6/2012 9:59:00 PM

This is the first spray I've used to set my makeup. It does make my makeup last longer than if I were not to use it. It definitely doesn't last all day but a good 6 to 7 hours. Which is awesome since my face is like an oil factory. Definitely going to try the Urban Decay one after I finish it.

I do not recommend using this product as a make sitting spray, besides misting after sitting power to you foundation, for that it works, but otherwise, making your make up last all day, it doesn't work, The way I have ended up making use of this product, is to use it, before i apply my foundation. I mist my face after i Apply my primer, so then my foundation applies evenly to my face, and makes stippling easier. I also mist my foundation brush as well so then the brush has more blendability and it does not gum up with foundation drying on it. For this use that I have just describes this product works great, as well as misting on the face after applying power to set everything. I believe that, honestly the makes of this product intended that what i have stated above, to be the uses for this product and noting else, they did not intent for this product to be used to make your make up last all day, so of course that why it doesn't work for people for that reason. I would purchase this product again, I only purchased the travel size, and honestly i don't see a need to purchase the large size, i have enough big products that I never end up using up all the way before I want to try something new. Also the small size is good price and great to travel with or take along if you are doing make up for someone else.

on 5/13/2012 1:34:00 AM

This was the first setting spray I ever tried, and when I try others (MAC's fix +) I still find myself thinking "hmmm, with I was using Mist n Fix. When you spray it on after application, there really is a feeling of the makeup being "sealed in," and it does give a nice, dewey glow. However, a few hours later it LOOKS like you never applied it. Luckily I have a sample size that I can keep on me and reapply. However, even when the looks wears off, the EFFECT is still there, i.e. it does a really good job of holding the makeup in place. There have been several times times where I've tested it by just not wearing it or any setter, and I can tell the products, no matter what they are, don't last as long. For the price, it's a bit expensive, but they all seem to be. I have yet to try Skindinavia's products, as some people love them.
I'll also say that when I wear this I tend to get a LOT of compliments on my skin, and everyone says it looks "soooo smooth." It's happened several times, and it doesn't even happen on the days where I put on everything EXCEPT the mist and fix. It's just something worth commenting on.
Another side note is some people have been saying it's no different than applying water- FALSE. Last time when I ran out I just put water in the container and it was lightyears apart. My makeup didn't last longer nor did my skin look better.

on 4/27/2012 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like it but I don't think I will purchase it again. It's ok but not amazing. This spray sets my make up pretty well but the lasting power is not so good especially during warmer days. It costed me 25 , which is TOO much!

on 3/28/2012 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this for a week. I wanted something for the summer to really combat makeup meltdown this summer, and since it's been in the 70-80's here (Indy) I thought I'd go ahead and give this a try.
I have tried a few different application techniques. Spritzing it directly on my face, spritzing it onto a tissue and pressing that on my face, and a spritzing a brush and stippling it all over my face. I think the one that works the best is the brush method. I tend to focus on my t-zone because that is where most of my meltdown begins.
I just do not think this spray does a whole heck of a lot. At all. Right after I apply it, I DO feel like my makeup is "sealed" in. But then a couple hours later it's pretty much as if I hadn't even applied it. I just don't know. I did a swatch test on my arms with eyeliner and used the Mist & Fix on one and nothing on the other. They wore off exactly the same.
So needless to say, I will definitely not be repurchasing this. I was very disappointed.

on 3/17/2012 10:50:00 PM

I use this after I'm done applying my makeup. It helps to set everything and gives me a nice glow. I tend to use 4-5 small spritzes (ie not full sprays) around my face to make sure I cover the entire area, and I apply with my arm as far away from my face as possible. I've drenched my face in this by accident but it always dries off completely, and I use a tissue to gently blot the slightly shinier spots after application. I definitely think this helps to extend the wear of my makeup, and it prevents my face from getting oily during the day. I bought the large bottle and think it would last me for a few good months at least. I will repurchase. It's a bit expensive, but not too bad if I just have to spend the money every few months. I will update the review after I've tested this during the summer!

on 2/15/2012 10:30:00 PM

I don't really see the long staying power with this product. The way I love using it is after I put my foundation on I spray this on my brush. I use it to sweep any creases and lines away. It also makes my foundation look a little softer and simply polished. That's the only way I found I'll use the product again.

Popular Treatments (Face)