July 28, 2014 | 952 users online

Treatments (Face) - Make Up For Ever - Mist and Fix

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by galadriel04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like it but I don't think I will purchase it again. It's ok but not amazing. This spray sets my make up pretty well but the lasting power is not so good especially during warmer days. It costed me 25 , which is TOO much!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for a week. I wanted something for the summer to really combat makeup meltdown this summer, and since it's been in the 70-80's here (Indy) I thought I'd go ahead and give this a try.
I have tried a few different application techniques. Spritzing it directly on my face, spritzing it onto a tissue and pressing that on my face, and a spritzing a brush and stippling it all over my face. I think the one that works the best is the brush method. I tend to focus on my t-zone because that is where most of my meltdown begins.
I just do not think this spray does a whole heck of a lot. At all. Right after I apply it, I DO feel like my makeup is "sealed" in. But then a couple hours later it's pretty much as if I hadn't even applied it. I just don't know. I did a swatch test on my arms with eyeliner and used the Mist & Fix on one and nothing on the other. They wore off exactly the same.
So needless to say, I will definitely not be repurchasing this. I was very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by floofinator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this after I'm done applying my makeup. It helps to set everything and gives me a nice glow. I tend to use 4-5 small spritzes (ie not full sprays) around my face to make sure I cover the entire area, and I apply with my arm as far away from my face as possible. I've drenched my face in this by accident but it always dries off completely, and I use a tissue to gently blot the slightly shinier spots after application. I definitely think this helps to extend the wear of my makeup, and it prevents my face from getting oily during the day. I bought the large bottle and think it would last me for a few good months at least. I will repurchase. It's a bit expensive, but not too bad if I just have to spend the money every few months. I will update the review after I've tested this during the summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by evosmalls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't really see the long staying power with this product. The way I love using it is after I put my foundation on I spray this on my brush. I use it to sweep any creases and lines away. It also makes my foundation look a little softer and simply polished. That's the only way I found I'll use the product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by hannahgal143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product :) It pretty much does what it says it will- makes your make-up stay on longer. I notice my mascara/eyeliner don't smudge when I wear this, and my foundation still looks fresh. The only downside is that it's pretty expensive, and the differences from wearing this and not wearing it are minimal. However, I will be repurchasing. Definitely a "must" for parties and dances!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by csayles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is great! It makes the already long lasting make up stay on even longer.

AngelClarice Beauty and Wellness Site http://angelclarice.blogspot.com/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by ari496

This is really great! I use this in the summer when it's humid or when I get really sweaty. I don't want any of my makeup to sweat off, so I use this. It works so well. I haven't had any trouble with zits either.
I also spray some on a cotton tip and run it over my eyeliner, to make it stay. It works so well, and I don't know what I would do without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A staple in my routine. I've gone through 4 bottles of this stuff over the past several years. Sets my makeup wonderfully so it does not budge even when my skin gets oily later in the day. I do agree, there is a very slight sheen due to the 'fixing' ingredients, but its hardly noticeable and therefore very natural looking. Also agree that the packaging could be improved, as its just in a regular spray bottle. I kept an old Fix+ bottle and decant it into there :) Its fairly expensive, but totally worth it IMO. I only use this as a final setting step....for wetting brushes, pigments, mixing, etc I stick to Fix+.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Nikkers8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product goes on easily. I didn't have any problems getting a fine mist that does not make my face wet at all. I spritz when all my makeup is finished and it does help with staying power on my oily skin. Only thing that I don't like is it gives a bit of a sheen, almost like when hairspray hits your forehead by accident. I'm fighting oil so don't need the sheen (although it's definitely not shiny). I think I'll try a different product because of the sheen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I purchased the small bottle at sephora and I like using this to set my makeup during summer. I attended friend's wedding w/outside ceremony during 90 degree weather and it helped my makeup stay put. I haven't tried other setting products but I'm happy with this.