December 22, 2014 | 1851 users online

Treatments (Face) - Make Up For Ever - Mist and Fix

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by emiliagorgeous

I do not recommend using this product as a make sitting spray, besides misting after sitting power to you foundation, for that it works, but otherwise, making your make up last all day, it doesn't work, The way I have ended up making use of this product, is to use it, before i apply my foundation. I mist my face after i Apply my primer, so then my foundation applies evenly to my face, and makes stippling easier. I also mist my foundation brush as well so then the brush has more blendability and it does not gum up with foundation drying on it. For this use that I have just describes this product works great, as well as misting on the face after applying power to set everything. I believe that, honestly the makes of this product intended that what i have stated above, to be the uses for this product and noting else, they did not intent for this product to be used to make your make up last all day, so of course that why it doesn't work for people for that reason. I would purchase this product again, I only purchased the travel size, and honestly i don't see a need to purchase the large size, i have enough big products that I never end up using up all the way before I want to try something new. Also the small size is good price and great to travel with or take along if you are doing make up for someone else.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by neurosciguy

This was the first setting spray I ever tried, and when I try others (MAC's fix +) I still find myself thinking "hmmm, with I was using Mist n Fix. When you spray it on after application, there really is a feeling of the makeup being "sealed in," and it does give a nice, dewey glow. However, a few hours later it LOOKS like you never applied it. Luckily I have a sample size that I can keep on me and reapply. However, even when the looks wears off, the EFFECT is still there, i.e. it does a really good job of holding the makeup in place. There have been several times times where I've tested it by just not wearing it or any setter, and I can tell the products, no matter what they are, don't last as long. For the price, it's a bit expensive, but they all seem to be. I have yet to try Skindinavia's products, as some people love them.
I'll also say that when I wear this I tend to get a LOT of compliments on my skin, and everyone says it looks "soooo smooth." It's happened several times, and it doesn't even happen on the days where I put on everything EXCEPT the mist and fix. It's just something worth commenting on.
Another side note is some people have been saying it's no different than applying water- FALSE. Last time when I ran out I just put water in the container and it was lightyears apart. My makeup didn't last longer nor did my skin look better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by galadriel04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like it but I don't think I will purchase it again. It's ok but not amazing. This spray sets my make up pretty well but the lasting power is not so good especially during warmer days. It costed me 25 , which is TOO much!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for a week. I wanted something for the summer to really combat makeup meltdown this summer, and since it's been in the 70-80's here (Indy) I thought I'd go ahead and give this a try.
I have tried a few different application techniques. Spritzing it directly on my face, spritzing it onto a tissue and pressing that on my face, and a spritzing a brush and stippling it all over my face. I think the one that works the best is the brush method. I tend to focus on my t-zone because that is where most of my meltdown begins.
I just do not think this spray does a whole heck of a lot. At all. Right after I apply it, I DO feel like my makeup is "sealed" in. But then a couple hours later it's pretty much as if I hadn't even applied it. I just don't know. I did a swatch test on my arms with eyeliner and used the Mist & Fix on one and nothing on the other. They wore off exactly the same.
So needless to say, I will definitely not be repurchasing this. I was very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by floofinator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this after I'm done applying my makeup. It helps to set everything and gives me a nice glow. I tend to use 4-5 small spritzes (ie not full sprays) around my face to make sure I cover the entire area, and I apply with my arm as far away from my face as possible. I've drenched my face in this by accident but it always dries off completely, and I use a tissue to gently blot the slightly shinier spots after application. I definitely think this helps to extend the wear of my makeup, and it prevents my face from getting oily during the day. I bought the large bottle and think it would last me for a few good months at least. I will repurchase. It's a bit expensive, but not too bad if I just have to spend the money every few months. I will update the review after I've tested this during the summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by evosmalls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't really see the long staying power with this product. The way I love using it is after I put my foundation on I spray this on my brush. I use it to sweep any creases and lines away. It also makes my foundation look a little softer and simply polished. That's the only way I found I'll use the product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by hannahgal143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product :) It pretty much does what it says it will- makes your make-up stay on longer. I notice my mascara/eyeliner don't smudge when I wear this, and my foundation still looks fresh. The only downside is that it's pretty expensive, and the differences from wearing this and not wearing it are minimal. However, I will be repurchasing. Definitely a "must" for parties and dances!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by csayles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is great! It makes the already long lasting make up stay on even longer.

AngelClarice Beauty and Wellness Site http://angelclarice.blogspot.com/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by ari496

This is really great! I use this in the summer when it's humid or when I get really sweaty. I don't want any of my makeup to sweat off, so I use this. It works so well. I haven't had any trouble with zits either.
I also spray some on a cotton tip and run it over my eyeliner, to make it stay. It works so well, and I don't know what I would do without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A staple in my routine. I've gone through 4 bottles of this stuff over the past several years. Sets my makeup wonderfully so it does not budge even when my skin gets oily later in the day. I do agree, there is a very slight sheen due to the 'fixing' ingredients, but its hardly noticeable and therefore very natural looking. Also agree that the packaging could be improved, as its just in a regular spray bottle. I kept an old Fix+ bottle and decant it into there :) Its fairly expensive, but totally worth it IMO. I only use this as a final setting step....for wetting brushes, pigments, mixing, etc I stick to Fix+.