April 16, 2014 | 1102 users online

Crème - MAC - Studio Tech

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Beautyqueen583

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation I use it along with the strobe cream and tons of other primers and things it applies so beautifully and I love the packaging it's so convenient I'm actually going on vacation and I will be bringing this right along I definitely want to use this on my clients .

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Fansofmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LaGlam LumiGlow V's MAC Studio Tech Foundation

Firstly welcome to my newest piece in my makeup kit ... LaGlam LumiGlow foundation. The thing that inspired me to write this review is the packaging (of all things!) when I first picked up the new foundation I instantly thought of my MAC Studio Tech foundation in my kit. So going off the outside, the containers are similar, black, MAC is Matt Plastic and LumiGlow is shiny (I love all things shinny!) but it's what's on the inside that really matters isn't it!!

One glows on your skin, one is Matt on your skin - vast difference however one I would buy again and one I wouldn't (unless back in the USA)

MAC's Claim:

Studio Tech Foundation
AUD $56.00 (I purchased mine for USD $30 in Los Angeles 2012)

A tri-system blend of eat, emollients and powder. Looks solid, glides on as a soft creamy emulsion. Provides natural matte, powder based finish. Smooth to blend, easy to work with, provides a full range of coverage. Water cooled refreshes and hydrates the skin. Light diffusing, softens lines, crates a fresh flawless finish. Good on all skin types. Studio tech is dermatologist tested, ophthalmologist tested, non-acne genie and safe for contact lens wearers.

Big words there, and a ophthalmologist is a specialist trained in medical and surgical eye problems ... Layman's terms ... Eye doctor ... Not really relevant to this description of the product cause you don't really put foundation in your eyes!

The makeup is right in gliding on smooth, does not last all day long and the coverage is not the best. It doesn't have Sun protection in it and I find it needs a good lot of concealer added to it to make it work.

LaGlam LumiGlow Mineral Crèam Foundation AUD $60.00

New to the market LaGlam claims:

A long lasting luminous glow made of 100% minerals and containing natural sunscreens. This foundation offers a smooth finish and youthfulness to the skin. Apply with a foundation brush or use the sponge wet or dry, cleverly hidden in the base of the compact - great makeup for the busy woman on the go!

Glides onto the skin, good coverage, beautiful youthful glow to the skin, (I like the sunscreens too). Now I have applied this with the sponge wet, dry and then also tried with a foundation brush. Personally I like it being applied with a foundation brush as I feel it leaves a more even texture and coverage and minimal waste.

Since this is a review of my own opinion and how both products work on my skin I rate the LumiGlow over the MAC - I like the Dewey youthful finish it leaves on the skin and I have to admit I have had compliments from wearing it. I like the minerals over the dermatogically tested eye surgeon product!! Come on MAC think about the words being used in your product description!

Thanks again to LaGlam you are outdoing MAC now and I will buying my LumiGlow again over MAC Studio Tech.

www.fansofmakeup.com

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by KaylaRose95

I first tried this foundation as an emergency fallback when I was leaving for a vacation and had run out of my usual brand. My mom had highly recommended this makeup, so I threw it in my bag and hoped for the best. To my delight, the foundation was the perfect shade (NC20) and I enjoyed how easily it seemed to glide on over my skin. I'm a huge fan of foundation brushes (because I feel it provides the smoothest application), but the sponge was a nice change.

After about a week, I was still happy with this foundation, but started to see the toll it was taking on my skin. I had broken out a bit on my forehead my skin seemed a bit drier overall. Which is ironic because by the end of the day, my face always feels like a puddle of oil. I don't know about anyone else, but when my face is dry it starts to get lines, which makes smooth makeup application nearly IMPOSSIBLE.

I do like the coverage this gives me over red patches and irritated zits, but it doesn't provide enough coverage to even out my complexion and hide scars/dark spots. The matte finish is great for anyone with combination or oily skin, and provides a great surface for whatever powder you use. When I'm having a good skin day, this foundation makes my face look like cream, when used in combination with Ready-To-Wear's Couture Finish Powder.

**TIPS:
- Using the sponge, PAT/PRESS the foundation over breakout areas (or dry patches), because smoothing on/smearing on doesn't provide much coverage.
- Don't use the round sponge that comes in the package. It tends to retain the oils on your face and gets disgustingly dirty after about 4 days. The sponge wedges from any drug store are easy, disposable, are better shaped for even application, and cost about $3 for a whole bag.
- Wait about 3-5 minutes for the foundation to dry and set before using powder. Otherwise it gets extremely cakey.
- I wouldn't recommend using this as a concealer because the matte qualities tends to contradict the natural glow of healthy skin.
-**Bring in your empty containers! You receive vouchers and discounts which definitely helps with this pricey product!**

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by kristynrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation! Foundations always make me look super orange, however, this did not. I think it's kind of expensive, but it lasts a few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by pebbles88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

always come back to this product after trying diff foundations across diff brands and Mac. Only foundation i can buy that is PERFECT shade- u cant tell im wearing makeup its great, NW47.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by DJ89

I was a loyal user of this foundation up until recently. I love the coverage, its medium and u can build it up to full coverage and I found my perfect colour nc42 BUT I realised that this foundation was making me super oily! Like I will apply it but an hour later I have the worst oily face ever! Especially my t zone and I would have to blot a million times a day! Other than that, it doesn't break me out, I love that its creamy foundation coz I'm not a fan of liquid but I just couldn't handle looking like I dipped my face in a fat fryer! Sorry mac

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by playhookie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation - creamy, not powdery; easy to apply; good coverage; lasts well; doesn't cause a reaction on me.
Only downside is that I am not quite NW15 in winter (but NW20 is way too dark) - so I have to tone it with some darker powder on top, and definitely remember blusher, as otherwise I look a bit ill. In summer I think I'll be a proper NW20 so will get another in NW20 when I run out of the darker foundation I usually use in summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by shuaia3000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

what can i say? i'm a mac girl. i've tried other foundations & i always come back to mac. liquid foundations break me out & the powdery ones make me look dry & ashy. i recently did a complete makeup overhaul & tried to find a new foundation (i was using studio fix liquid & clinique's perfectly real powder foundations). a lot of foundations for darker skin have yellow undertones & i have red/orange undertones so, everything i tired made my skin look muddy & would oxidize quickly. i ended back at mac & the mua said i should go w/studio tech which i never tried before. she was right. it's creamy, very pigmented so i only need a little & covers beautifully. this is the only foundation i will be using from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Meaghanb123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and have found the perfect way to use this foundation! I apply a moisturizer (I use Origins Vitazing), let it sink in, then spray my face with fix + then using a 109 brush I buff this onto my skin while its still moist. The combo of fix + and the brush gives me the perfect sheer coverage that makes my skin look like skin. No cakey-ness and it fills in my pores. Best of all, you truly don't feel like you have foundation on. I personally don't use this foundation in any other way as I don't care for heavy coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by madmilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I asked one of the mac make up artists for a foundation to use for oily skin and full coverage- I have bad acne and she said this would b great and matched my colour! I was excited to use it , and well , it may b the water base and my oily skin but within 2 hours it slid off and looked like a Cakey, oily mess! I used the sponge and fingers an tried brush and still didn't like the effect on my skin maybe it looks beautiful on others but I wouldn't suggest for acne skin and oily skin as it doesn't sit on the skin it slides ...