July 26, 2014 | 1800 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Desert Essence - Vanilla Chai Hand and Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by allmydays

Absolutely delicious scent - somewhere between cinnamon buns and a - duh - vanilla chai beverage. This is a very light and silky lotion with a fluid texture. It reminds me of my much more expensive Dior Hypnotic Poison emulsion - and it moisturizes the same as well, with a lovely light lingering scent.

Considering it is organic and environmentally friendly, I am utterly in love - that is not what sold me on it initially. I love the scent and haven't found a similar one in any other brand.

For $8 for a very large but still purse friendly bottle that has lasted me a full year - This is HG worthy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Fans of Opium, Shalimar, and other Oriental-type fragrances may enjoy this lotion, as it has a spicy, almost smoky vanillic scent. It is non-irritating and made with all-vegan ingredients. The only drawback is that it feels a bit sticky or waxy for a few minutes after being applied. When I put it on my legs, I always wait at least fifteen minutes before putting on pants or a skirt so that the lotion has time to sink in and dry.

I'd definitely buy this again, unless I decide go for one of the other fragrances in the product line. Desert Essence has so many yummy scents to choose from.

EDIT: Almost one month later, I find that I'm no longer getting a sticky, waxy feel from the lotion. It could be that the recent change in weather (the humidity in particular) has affected the drying time of the lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by liquidskyfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A lot of people seem to find the smell of this cream too strong, but personally, I love it! It makes me smell like a cinnamon bun!! :)

I also like the texture of this lotion. It's quite light, but I still feel like it's moisturizing, and not just sitting in a waxy layer on top of my skin, like a lot of lotions do. It's very non-greasy, and nice and spreadable, too! The only thing is, because it's so light I occasionally need a little more moisturizing power than it can offer (only in the fall and winter, really) So now and then I'll slather myself in almond oil for the night, and I'm good again for a while.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by allegro_barbaro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As a fan of both chai and natural body products I was very excited to purchase this. It moisturises well but unfortunately I find it overpoweringly sweet, like when you order chai in a coffee shop and they make it with a squirt of syrup rather than spices. I suppose I should have known, considering that it contains vanilla too! I'm sure gourmand lovers will enjoy this though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Rain7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this the other day, and have used it several times. I really like this lotion! I love the scent & the consistency. I also love the fact that it is all natural, with NO chemicals. It really does smell just like vanilla chai tea. YUM! I would definitely repurchase!

*Update 5/9/10-I still have this, since I use it sparingly, and I am still loving it! It smells the same as when I purchased it, even though it is completely natural. I highly recommend this lotion!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by burtonsbunny

This stuff is great! Just make sure you buy a fresh bottle since it doesn't have preservatives the smell of an expired one might smell funky. Anyway, it smells so good, soaks in fast, doesn't clog pores (on back of legs) and is all natural. The scent fades a little after it soaks in and smells just like a chai latte! It was about $7 and has a ton in the bottle. I would definitely recommend! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by tarrenae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

!!!IT STINKS!!!literally,once applying it the smell was so overwhelming it made me feel sick to my stomach,it is the strongest ginger spice smell only not the pleasant kind.The smell gave me headaches so bad I had to wash it off!The moisturizing properties were just okay,it irritated my skin and the smell was a total turn off! I like some of the other products of the same line like coconut and pumpkin,but this one was disgusting!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by MaryFran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The scent is perfect for me which is funny since I cannot stand vanilla scented lotions. I hate really strong fake smelling lotions. I'm vegan and try to keep my body products as natural as possible. Love that DE Organics has such a short ingredients list. Priced decently for what it is. I do wish it came in different sizes. A larger size with a pump would be great as a bathroom, just-post-showering staple. Too bad it doesn't come as a body wash too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by CriticalHit

The scent is perfect for fall and winter. It's a warm, not overly sweet vanilla with cinnamon and clove. The smell is subtle too, it doesn't compete with your fragrance. It absorbed quickly and left my winter-dry skin feeling soft and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow this smells so yummy and it moisturizes very well. This is now one of my favorite lotions. I hope they come out with more scents, maybe even seasonal scents :-)