Desert Essence Vanilla Chai Hand and Body Lotion

Not tested on animals

Water (aqua), vanilla planifolia fruit extract*, camellia oleifera leaf extract (black tea)*, camellia sinensis leaf extract (green tea)*, eugenia caryophyllus (clove) flower extract*, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, glycerin, stearic acid (vegetable derived), glyceryl stearate SE (plant derived), copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, magnesium aluminum silicate (mineral), xanthan gum, benzyl alcohol (plant derived), potassium sorbate (fruit derived), dehydroacetic acid, natural fragrance (parfum). *Certified Organic

I was given this lotion as a gift and am very pleased I got the chance to try it. I am particularly pleased in general to have found the Desert Essence line, as I am looking to be as natural as possible with my skincare routine, and this contains natural ingredients with no bad chemicals.

The lotion itself is quite fluid (though not annoyingly runny) and only a small amount is needed to cover quite a big area. It absorbs quickly and easily and leaves no greasy residue afterwards. Whilst this is a good thing, I do feel it is quite a light lotion, so tend to prefer to use it in the summer months when my skin still needs moisturising but is not so dry. In the winter I prefer a slightly heavier, more moisturising cream. One tube of this lasts me a very long time (though I do alternate it with different lotions each day).

I love the vanilla chai scent of this lotion, in which you can smell the sweetness of the vanilla with added spice. It kind of reminds me of Christmas candles as it is a nice warm scent, but I still feel it is suitable to use in the summer, as when it is all absorbed I can really only smell a nice sweet fragrance on my skin. The scent lasts on my skin for a couple of hours before fading. I am onto my second tube of this lotion and would repurchase again.

I bought this awesome cream at the wrong time of the year! I love the scent, it's so cinnamony with hints of tea (real tea!) and vanilla....but in my mind, that makes it a cool-weather lotion! It's just not springy enough for me to use right now! So, I'm stuck with my Burt's Bees Radiance for the summer, but I'm looking forward to this Vanilla Chai in the fall!

The cream itself is great, very very moisturizing, but doesn't just sit on your skin, it absorbs pretty quickly. It's nice and thick, but not too thick, and really feels smooth when you put it on. I love this stuff, but just wish I'd picked a more summery scent I could use right now!

Would recommend, their formula rocks.

Absolutely delicious scent - somewhere between cinnamon buns and a - duh - vanilla chai beverage. This is a very light and silky lotion with a fluid texture. It reminds me of my much more expensive Dior Hypnotic Poison emulsion - and it moisturizes the same as well, with a lovely light lingering scent.

Considering it is organic and environmentally friendly, I am utterly in love - that is not what sold me on it initially. I love the scent and haven't found a similar one in any other brand.

For $8 for a very large but still purse friendly bottle that has lasted me a full year - This is HG worthy!

Fans of Opium, Shalimar, and other Oriental-type fragrances may enjoy this lotion, as it has a spicy, almost smoky vanillic scent. It is non-irritating and made with all-vegan ingredients. The only drawback is that it feels a bit sticky or waxy for a few minutes after being applied. When I put it on my legs, I always wait at least fifteen minutes before putting on pants or a skirt so that the lotion has time to sink in and dry.

I'd definitely buy this again, unless I decide go for one of the other fragrances in the product line. Desert Essence has so many yummy scents to choose from.

EDIT: Almost one month later, I find that I'm no longer getting a sticky, waxy feel from the lotion. It could be that the recent change in weather (the humidity in particular) has affected the drying time of the lotion.

A lot of people seem to find the smell of this cream too strong, but personally, I love it! It makes me smell like a cinnamon bun!! :)

I also like the texture of this lotion. It's quite light, but I still feel like it's moisturizing, and not just sitting in a waxy layer on top of my skin, like a lot of lotions do. It's very non-greasy, and nice and spreadable, too! The only thing is, because it's so light I occasionally need a little more moisturizing power than it can offer (only in the fall and winter, really) So now and then I'll slather myself in almond oil for the night, and I'm good again for a while.

As a fan of both chai and natural body products I was very excited to purchase this. It moisturises well but unfortunately I find it overpoweringly sweet, like when you order chai in a coffee shop and they make it with a squirt of syrup rather than spices. I suppose I should have known, considering that it contains vanilla too! I'm sure gourmand lovers will enjoy this though.

I just bought this the other day, and have used it several times. I really like this lotion! I love the scent & the consistency. I also love the fact that it is all natural, with NO chemicals. It really does smell just like vanilla chai tea. YUM! I would definitely repurchase!

*Update 5/9/10-I still have this, since I use it sparingly, and I am still loving it! It smells the same as when I purchased it, even though it is completely natural. I highly recommend this lotion!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is great! Just make sure you buy a fresh bottle since it doesn't have preservatives the smell of an expired one might smell funky. Anyway, it smells so good, soaks in fast, doesn't clog pores (on back of legs) and is all natural. The scent fades a little after it soaks in and smells just like a chai latte! It was about $7 and has a ton in the bottle. I would definitely recommend! :)

!!!IT STINKS!!!literally,once applying it the smell was so overwhelming it made me feel sick to my stomach,it is the strongest ginger spice smell only not the pleasant kind.The smell gave me headaches so bad I had to wash it off!The moisturizing properties were just okay,it irritated my skin and the smell was a total turn off! I like some of the other products of the same line like coconut and pumpkin,but this one was disgusting!

The scent is perfect for me which is funny since I cannot stand vanilla scented lotions. I hate really strong fake smelling lotions. I'm vegan and try to keep my body products as natural as possible. Love that DE Organics has such a short ingredients list. Priced decently for what it is. I do wish it came in different sizes. A larger size with a pump would be great as a bathroom, just-post-showering staple. Too bad it doesn't come as a body wash too.

Top Rated Desert Essence Products