December 20, 2014 | 1764 users online

Makeup Brushes - Clinique - Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by SallyB20

this is a really good foundation brush to work with after blending the foundation on my face it looks amazing no lines from the bristles its easy to work with as long as foundation is not so runny. I believe I paid $33.00 for this . I like the clear packaging. the bristles are very nice I've had this brush for a while and the bristles are still on pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only reason I wouldn't buy this brush again is because I don't use foundation brushes enough to pay this much for one.
BUT..
This brush is very very high quality. It is extremely soft, and has thick bristles that apply foundation well. I also love the clear handle; it looks nice and is very sturdy and easy to control.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Firstly I love Clinique. I trust their products and always try and buy from them. I normally use a sigma foundation brush but misplaced it so decided to try out Clinique’s. The feeling on your face is like velvet. This brush is a lovely indulgence. It makes my foundation glide over my skin and provide a very even coverage. The only down side is it seems to soak up the foundation (like most foundation brushes) but this is nothing abnormal to those using make-up brushes. Comparing it to Sigma, surprisingly it’s not that much better given the price gap. I would recommend this but can advise you can get a fairly similar result using sigma. The brush quality however is definitely allot better. As usual go Clinique!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by lllauraxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this brush everyday for my foundation and it always gives nice even coverage. Fluffy bristles are nice and smooth to apply foundation with and makes the whole application quick and easy. Hasn't shed any bristles or started to fall apart the whole time I've been using it. Takes a bit to clean because the bristles are so dense but thats no problem. I like the brush and clear handle. Quite expensive but a brush you'll have for life if you take care of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ishhara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush years ago on the recommendation of a coworker -- back when I used liquid foundation. I used it for years and years. It never broke, barely shed, was easy to clean and worked very well at applying liquid makeup. The brush still looks great after all this time (~6 years?). I may try using it as a concealer brush for mineral foundation because I'd hate to see it go to waste.

I look for similar qualities in makeup brushes as I do with paintbrushes --- except I need my makeup brushes to also be extra soft. This brush is like a flat wash brush for painting. The brush itself is of a good weight. The bristles are very soft, tightly packed and very springy. I see some reviewers calling it stiff. I wouldn't describe it as such. With the type of medium and method of application this tool is for, you want some "bounce" in the fibres. A brush that's too soft will apply too much liquid at once and get kind of "gloopy." The bristles should be springy and hold shape well, which is exactly this brush.

The only reason why I wouldn't buy it again is that I don't use liquid foundation anymore. It has nothing to do with the quality and user experience with the brush because both get five stars (lipsticks?)!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by spiritedastray

I love this brush for applying liquid foundation. The coverage is very even, and the brush itself is soft and comfortable to use. I have had this brush for almost two years and the quality is still like-new. It is a bit pricey, but it's an investment since you don't ever need to buy another cheap foundation brush or sponge again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by hikuto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this foundation brush for over a year and a half and having washed it quite frequently (I use it nearly every other day, rotating my brushes) it has surprisingly held up really well.

The bristles aren't extremely long which results them to feel kind of stiff, but I think that is the reason why it holds its shape so well. Although this may be the case I still find the brush nice to use and it actually feels quite soft, doesn't scratch the face either. Washing this was really easy too as I just use a bit of Mac brush cleanser to kind of melt the foundation then wash it with baby shampoo and it turns out squeaky clean.

In terms of actually putting foundation on it does quite a decent job in blending the foundation onto my skin. However you do have to work in small sections to achieve this (mainly due to the brush size) or you risk having large streak marks.

As for the price I thought it was quite affordable as I got it for 160HKD (roughly 20USD). The price has rose to 180HKD since then. I'm quite surprised that it's considerably cheaper than what it was listed in the US site (30USD) seeing as how all their other products are more expensive here ... But o wells.

I wouldn't say it's the best foundation brush out there, but I do think it's a good brush to have either as a brush to rotate, or use on others (as I do for cosplays) as the quality of the brush is really good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using Sonia Kashuk's foundation brush with the white handle for a year now, but finally decided it was time to try a HE one and Clinique had thier bonus gift going on if you spend $21 or more. This is around $30, comparible to the price of MAC's f/d brush. So far I definitly notice a difference in how much more even my foundation looks. This kind of brush works best with the kind of light foundation I use (MAC face and body). The process is still more time consuming than I would like, so I may resume my search some day for a brush that cuts time, but for now this works. Seems well crafted like it will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVED this brush, it made my makeup go on even and easier to apply it was also super soft and lasted for like a year, probably could have been used more but my younger brother gave it a haircut. Now I bought a Lancome one and that one is just as good so I guess this isn't an uncommon HG brush still really loved it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by hannahxx0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation brush!! It applies my foundation perfectly without streaking or shedding a single hair giving a flawless finish.

The only problem I have is after using a new foundation it has stained my brush orange and nothing I do and no brush remover I use will get it white again or even remotely white.
Not a fault with the brush though as previous foundations came off no problem it's just this one in particular. Seriously annoying!

If anyone has any suggestions please send them my way!!