April 21, 2014 | 1098 users online

Makeup Brushes - Clinique - Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by spiritedastray

I love this brush for applying liquid foundation. The coverage is very even, and the brush itself is soft and comfortable to use. I have had this brush for almost two years and the quality is still like-new. It is a bit pricey, but it's an investment since you don't ever need to buy another cheap foundation brush or sponge again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by hikuto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this foundation brush for over a year and a half and having washed it quite frequently (I use it nearly every other day, rotating my brushes) it has surprisingly held up really well.

The bristles aren't extremely long which results them to feel kind of stiff, but I think that is the reason why it holds its shape so well. Although this may be the case I still find the brush nice to use and it actually feels quite soft, doesn't scratch the face either. Washing this was really easy too as I just use a bit of Mac brush cleanser to kind of melt the foundation then wash it with baby shampoo and it turns out squeaky clean.

In terms of actually putting foundation on it does quite a decent job in blending the foundation onto my skin. However you do have to work in small sections to achieve this (mainly due to the brush size) or you risk having large streak marks.

As for the price I thought it was quite affordable as I got it for 160HKD (roughly 20USD). The price has rose to 180HKD since then. I'm quite surprised that it's considerably cheaper than what it was listed in the US site (30USD) seeing as how all their other products are more expensive here ... But o wells.

I wouldn't say it's the best foundation brush out there, but I do think it's a good brush to have either as a brush to rotate, or use on others (as I do for cosplays) as the quality of the brush is really good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using Sonia Kashuk's foundation brush with the white handle for a year now, but finally decided it was time to try a HE one and Clinique had thier bonus gift going on if you spend $21 or more. This is around $30, comparible to the price of MAC's f/d brush. So far I definitly notice a difference in how much more even my foundation looks. This kind of brush works best with the kind of light foundation I use (MAC face and body). The process is still more time consuming than I would like, so I may resume my search some day for a brush that cuts time, but for now this works. Seems well crafted like it will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVED this brush, it made my makeup go on even and easier to apply it was also super soft and lasted for like a year, probably could have been used more but my younger brother gave it a haircut. Now I bought a Lancome one and that one is just as good so I guess this isn't an uncommon HG brush still really loved it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by hannahxx0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation brush!! It applies my foundation perfectly without streaking or shedding a single hair giving a flawless finish.

The only problem I have is after using a new foundation it has stained my brush orange and nothing I do and no brush remover I use will get it white again or even remotely white.
Not a fault with the brush though as previous foundations came off no problem it's just this one in particular. Seriously annoying!

If anyone has any suggestions please send them my way!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by HazelnutSwirl16

No hairs come off which is a bonus also they are nice and soft. Foundation smooths on nicely however sometimes the application is streaky but the end result is a flawless finish.
Also the lady who worked at clinique said it is bacteria free!
=)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by kedery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this brush for three weeks now and it does a great job. I also have the one from body shop but i prefer this one. I use the body shop one if this one is drying from cleaning.
It quite expensive i think. does a great job, no streaks at all.

Edit 24/11/13: since I discovered sigma f 80 and 82 I dont use this brush anymore, the sigmas are more easily to handle and nicer result

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by LandersPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush. I tried to stray away and use something else, but I came right back!! I even have now got a backup if my current one goes missing, This brush has never shed on me (have had it for four months) and stands up really well to being washed once a week. Its not scratchy and makes applying foundation a breeze and something I look forward to doing.

Don't hesitate purchashing this if you wear liquid foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great for applying my EL daywear. Also good for applying a cream fdtn too. I've had it for many months, wash it just about every third day and not one hair has shedded. It came with a clear plastic case which I stashed with my travel kit. Definitely don't want to toss this loose in a makeup kit, so keep that CASE.

Worth the money, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by PinupWings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to apply all foundation with my fingers, and never understood why I couldn't seem to get even coverage all over my face. I tried using a few low-end foundation brushes as well as sponges, but I saw no difference. This brush, however, changed everything for me! I bought it on a whim while at Clinique and I absolutely adore it. The bristles are firm, but soft and comfortable on my skin. I find that my foundation applies much more easily and evenly while using this brush, and it's very easy to keep clean. All-in-all a great brush, I'll never apply foundation using anything else.