July 23, 2014 | 1296 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by LaOreja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product regularly for about 6 months, I really liked it, it left my skin feeling soft and tingly and fresh. The reason I have only given it 2 however is due to the fact it gave me spots around my jawline. My skin is fairly dry and does not break out easily but i think the fact It is quite difficult to rinse properly and leaves a slight residue even after washing well caused this. I didn't realise the spots were being caused by this product at first but I stopped using it for a few days and the spots immediately started to clear. As soon as I began using it again the spots reappeared. It's a shame as I did like this face wash, especially as it is made from natural ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by crazyartfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've bought this at Walmart five months ago and have been using the cleanser along with Cetaphil. With my acne-prone, sensitive skin it's hard to find a product that causes no irritation. I don't use this much anymore because when I went to my dermatologist the other day, she said that my face broke out into a big rash. My skin felt extremely dry and there were areas that was peeling. I think I'm allergic to the ingredients (possibly witch hazel or cetearyl alcohol) but I do like the fact that Burt's Bees is a fairly reliable source for natural products.

I was a bit skeptical of the "tingling" sensation afterwards, and I even bought a silk facial mitt from a health food store to try to rub off the product better. No matter how much time I spend rinsing my face, there's a slight film of the cleanser left on my skin. I don't know why, but that part bugs me.

I'm not entirely sure if I should search for another brand products, but since my brother hasn't had many issues with his BB items (he also has sensitive skin), I may stick it out and then see what else could help me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by AnnikaLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! Usually cleansing cremes like this are torture on my skin but, this doesn't irritate my skin at all. I love he cool feeling that it gives after I rinse it off as well and it makes my skin fell very soft. I typically use this a night ater removing my makeup or whenever I feel that my skin needs more of a deep clean than what my Cetaphil can gives.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by GothqueBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The scent of this is something to get used to. It's not bad by any means but it smells kind of like a weird dentist's office smell because of the menthol in it. As to cleaning it does leave the skin feeling great and clean but not dry and painful like other cleansers. It kept my acne at bay and it leaves one with a good refreshed feeling. I'm happy with this cleanser and I've purchased it twice :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by LadyMonique21

I'm loving this product so far! I picked this cleanser up from Walmart yesterday. I've seen it in passing since I frequently buy other Burt's Bees products (peach and willow bark scrub, herbal blemish stick and the oil spot treatment), but I figured since my skin is very oily the whole "creme cleanser" wasn't for me. But after using the peach and willow bark scrub I tried it out and WOW...my face felt so clean, but not tight or dried out, or either super oily that some cleansers make my skin. This product seems to have a very pleasant medium. And it'll probably be hard to believe when I say this but for the past few weeks I switched to the Neutrogena natural lines (because Burt's bees products were so hard to find). And my skin turned to crap...and this past week especially, thanks to Mother Nature (it was a pimple popping time haha). But after using this product last night I woke up without an oily face (which is usually what I wake up to :/), clear skin, and virtually no bumps on my face! My popped pimples even healed up and are barely noticeable. I love this cleanser! It smells good (like lemons mixed with candy, which I love) and works good! It may be a bit pricey but most natural products are around the same price. I'll never again be too lazy to search for Burt's bees products again! My skin is almost as nice as it looked before I switched to Neutrogena naturals.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by pinkstrawberii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin. If I wear makeup I don't solely rely on this cleanser to help me get it off because it just won't. But on the days I don't wear makeup (which is most of the time lol) I find that this leaves me skin feeling clean and refreshed. Doesn't leave it feeling overly dry either. I like that it's a cream and the fact that it has some menthol in it. The menthol may be too much though for some who have really sensitive skin.
It helps my breakouts to tame a bit, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by lovechanel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried rubbing it into my face for a while and still, it does not clean your face. I use neutragena toner afterwards and the cottonball is full of make-up which my neutragena cleanser does not leave behind. The menthol makes you think your face is clean but try using a make-up remover afterwards and observe all the grime left behind, I think this is one of the reasons people are noting their pores get clogged. Don't bother.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by ThatDarnCass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently picked up a bottle of this cleansing cream because I was out of my old stuff and thought it looked interesting. I am so glad I did! My skin is mostly normal, but I have an oily T-zone. The pores on my nose are typically huge--filled with blackheads and lots of oil. I also tend to break out around my chin area. Recently I've become more conscious about not resting my chin in my hands, which has helped clear up the breakouts on my chin although not completely. I started using this product about a week ago and am simply amazed. My chin is completely clear, and it's like a miracle worker for my nose. In the past week, it's completely cleared up all blackheads (seriously, I have none-- I'm shocked!) and my pores are noticeably smaller. Which, in turn, has helped so that my skin is not as oily throughout the day. My skin feels soft and well-moisturized. Some people have complained about the lack of a lather, but I wasn't bothered by it as it's a cream cleanser and most products that lather contain some type of sulfate which is harsh on skin. Also, the menthol didn't bother me at all. I will definitely be re-purchasing this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Lauraasti

Took a bit for me to get used to a cleanser that doesn't lather at first, but it's really not a big deal. I have slightly acne-prone skin no matter what products I use. Using it along with the BB acne solutions toner, I have noticed a slight difference with less breakouts. I can see how it could cause some more blackheads, but using it with a facial cleanser brush and/or exfoliating sponge should help that a bit. Smells interesting, but I don't mind it! The menthol really does make your skin feel fresh without being overbearing. I'm still exploring BB's products, but so far, I think I'll be purchasing this again. Good size bottle for the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by mintfoxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It smells like strong mint, which I love! But like other reviewers had stated it does bring back black heads. The good side is that it leaves soft skin and my face isn't as oily as it was after using this product for a month.