Davines Nounou

4.3

Water, cetearyl alcohol, glcerin, cetrimonium chloride, dimethicone, behenyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, hydrogenated sweet almond oil, creatine, amodimethicone, dicaprylyl ether, C30-45 alkyl methicone, C30-45 olefin, simmondsia chinensis seed oil (jojoba), lauryl alcohol, rhizobian gum, glyceryl linoleate, disopropyl adipate, glyceryl linolenate, ascorbyl palmitate, solanum lycopersicum (tomato) fruit/leaf/stem extract, tocopherol, lecithin, benzophenone-4, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, hydrogenated palm glycerides citrate, butylenes/ethylene/styrene copolymer, alcohol denat., methylparaben, ethylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, potassium sorbate, citric acid, CI 19140/ yellow 5, CI 42090/ blue 1, Ci 14700/ red 4, caramel, benzyl salicylate, fragrance.

on 8/1/2011 3:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

dang! i am in love with this stuff. after frying my hair with drugstore color, i used this stuff & it's ALMOST perfect again. all i can do to make it more perfect is cut off the dead ends. comes in a strange tub that is not horribly convenient. i found a small plastic spatula or spoon can be added to the tub to scoop it out while you're in the shower. the other issue i have with the packaging is that it seems to be only about 3/4 full. this is not only annoying because you aren't getting as much product, but it's annoying because it's a little wasteful to me.

the scent, like others have said, is really similar to old spice but not unpleasant at all. i find this product is like a step-up from the old terax crema i used to use constantly. it literally coats every strand. i normally have very coarse hair (ethnic!) anyhow, i find that it is now in better condition than it was BEFORE i colored it. i was getting a few dreadlocks a day before i started using this stuff. now, if my hair even tangles, it's still manageable enough to pick through the tangle.

on 7/28/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this based on reviews it got online.

I think it does do what it says it will. It is a great alterative to some more expensive conditioners which have the same results as this - namely Kheils olive conditioning treament pak and Avedas deep conditioner for damaged hair.

It definitely doesn't weight hair down. I wouldn't say it gave me baby soft brand new hair - but maybe with continued use it will start to improve my hair texture in a lasting way. It does deeply condition and leave the hair feeling conditioned in an 'honest way' - in otherwords it doesn't feel like its been coated or just cosmetically/ superficially conditioned. Hair is left softer and more managable. Again i think this could end up being a lot softer with continued use (added protein to hair shafts etc).

The big let down for me is the packaging - which is pretty terrible to be honest. Its not so much the fact that its in a tub - I think thick conditioners should be in tubs or containers you can get your fingers in so you don't end up wasting any left in the bottom and so you can control how much you use. But this is user unfriendly. The lid, which when you have wet or soapy hands in the shower, can go a bit wrong. It also gathers water in the lid when its closed and sitting in your shower so if you don't pour it out before you open it it will end up in your conditioner. I now keep it out side of my shower and only bring it on when i'm going to use it (ie when I know i'm washing my hair and using this treatment on it) otherwise it likes on a shelf in my bathroom.

All in all I would say its a good honest conditioner that does what it says it will and with continued use I think it could really help to genuinely improve the condtion of your hair.

on 7/6/2011 3:45:00 AM

This is a good conditioner, I like how it has tomato extract in it. It does not weigh my fine hair down, and i use quite a bit of it and leave it on for 5 minutes each time. I also love their concern for the envireonment, makes you feel good when buying their products. I give this a 4 stars because the end result isnt' really what I hoped it would be. It does not give my hair that incredible softness that makes me want to touch my hair all day long. I did found a shampoo and conditioner that does it though, thank goodness! Note: I have not tried their nounou shampoo. Perhaps, with the conjuctioin of the two, it will work better, will try someday.

on 6/28/2011 11:21:00 PM

Regarding shampoo and mask: Keeps color in REALLY WELL.

-keeps hair hydrated.

Mask: REALLY nice "slip" after using it.

CONS FOR ME: SMELLS AWFUL! I am real sensitive to smells and this one IS BAD BAD BAD.
But if you value your color and aren't offended by incensey smells, I'd highly recommend this stuff.

on 2/27/2011 11:01:00 PM

Great conditioner. The only moisturizing conditioner that doesn't weigh my fine hair down. I had a hard time finding a replacement for Aveda's curessence, but this one does it.

on 2/18/2011 12:28:00 PM

My hair stylist introduced me to this line about 6 months ago. I use all of the nou nou products and I love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Good conditioner, makes my hair smooth and lush in the now burning hot summer months. Not a fan of the smell - smells like old lady perfume. Doesn't last, though. Overall its a nice conditioner.

on 1/2/2010 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was recommended to me by my new (and awesome) hairstylist. My hair had been damaged due to bad dye and highlight jobs. Well, initially I was hesitant because I had previously thrown money away for products that were "supposed to be" good. I gave this one a try thinking that it will probably end up in my bottom shelf. But I LOVE IT!!! This conditioner leaves my hair buttery smooth, shiny, and manageable. One con -- it does not smell nice, but that doesn't bother me. But be careful not to use too much because it will weigh your hair down. I got the sample ($9) and a little bit of this product goes a long way. I've been using Aveda damage remedy treatment for a couple of years (even though it hurts my wallet...) but after trying this stuff, I think I will switch. Aveda damage remedy is great too, but the tube does not last a long time... Will purchase this product

on 9/4/2009 11:31:00 AM

I love this conditioner. I have lots of fine, curly, highlighted hair and this really moisturizes without making it feel too heavy. It also works great as a deep conditioner if you leave it on for awhile.

on 7/11/2009 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I get the $8 2oz tub from my salon and I actually use this as a styling cream when I want my hair to be soft and sleek. My hair is naturally wavy, frizzy and thick/coarse and needs constant nourishment. I love this stuff but I wish it smelled better. I also wish it didn't sweat/separate in the tub, otherwise, I'd buy a larger size. I am not a fan of tubs - I prefer tubes.

Top Rated Davines Products