Cover Girl CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mineral Oil, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Isopropyl Isostearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Marticaria), C10 18 Triglycerides, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, Quaternium 15, Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

This was my first ever powder, and I've been using it for nearly 4 years now! I wear the shade Translucent Medium. I love using it to touch up, and this will work as an all-over setting powder in a pinch. I have a very oily nose area and I have one of these in my bag at all times to touch up throughout the day, AND one in my bathroom as well.

I've tried many other powders (Urban Decay, smashbox, and even other Covergirl ones!) and I always, always come back to this one. This one beats them all. It mattifies and provides a tiny bit of coverage so I can hide the redness around my nose, but never looks cakey. I simply apply it with the puff that comes with it, it works quite nicely.

I hope they never discontinue this! It's an HG for me.

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

this was one of my first powders, i love it. it's very nice. i got it in translucent light, which is a little light for me considering my skin's a light olive. but it is translucent so. the packaging can be hard to get open, i feel like i'm going to break it every time i open it, plus it's a really plain packaging that gets dirty easily. the pricing isn't expensive, it's reasonable for a good powder. overall, i like this powder it's very compact and easy travel, it comes with a powder puff - which is always good. this powder doesn't break me out and makes my face stay matte throughout the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This was my first makeup product purchase and I absolutely love it! I'm pretty tan and wearing this alone isn't terrible; it's quite natural looking. Although I do have dry skin so it does leave my skin flaky sometimes. But there are days where it looks like I have nothing on my face and it looks like I have even skin! I love it. I will repurchase this until I find a better product.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this powder for 3 years ow and I like it a lot. It feels good on skin and doesn't break me out. Good color match and packaging is nice.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product is beautiful. I bought this thinking it'd be just the same as my Maybelline Dream BB cream and only because Wal-Mart was out of my color. I saw these on the rack right next to them so i thought what the heck , let's try it. I got in the car and expected someone so i slapped some on my bare face. ( yes, it was washed ) . It is wonderful. It did just as much as my BB cream did . Then when i got home, i washed it off and put the left overs of my BB cream under it . Almost full coverage. It was beautiful. I did have to run some down my neck to throw off the slight color difference. But i dont mind. It can matce many skin tones. ( I have translucent honey ) It's really nice. I will definately be repurchasing . (: I'm a happy customer.

I wanted to love this powder after reading the great reviews. And, it comes in a slim package and is pretty cheap. Unfortunately, my skin did not like this product. First off, getting the right color was tricky--I got translucent medium and it's a weird pink/orange hue that highlighted red areas on my face instead of toning them down. The chalky consistency didn't blend well and highlighted the peach fuzz on my face, and collected around dry patches on my skin. The final straw was the smell--really strong and medicinal (think menthol or tea tree oil) which I didn't like, made me sneeze, and may have contributed to the rash-like breakouts I got after using this product. Back to the store it goes. Bummer!

I love this powder!!! This is the only powder that looks so natural on me. I have extremely dry skin so when I add powder to my face it cakes and looks like a mess! This is the only powder that doesn't cake and looks natural. It really smooths my skin and hides my pores. It definitely makes my makeup last long. I will be repurchasing. :)

This would be a good powder for someone with drier skin than me. I have combination skin and it did not keep my t-zone shine free.

I took off points because of the overwhelming fragrance, almost floral, that does not go away after time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Just so everyone knows, this is a review for the skinny blue case, not the fat brown, blue or green cases, because it seems people are getting them confused.
I'm mad at myself for buying this. It sucks. It doesn't control oil AT ALL, and there's little glitter things in it. WTF? To make my face even shinier?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I use this EVERYDAY as a sort o Powder Foundation. I mistaked it for powder foundation on here, putting it in the wrong file. Description- It is a dark blue, very dark. On the other side it says "Cover Girl- CG Smoothers" it is a pressed powder in Translucent Light. I got it from someone as a sort of gift, and it is WONDERFUL :) I wouldn't know the price, so my rating is really based off of that. I would think it would go around the 4-5 dollar range. But i have Oily skin which shines a lot. Too take away the shine I use my oil blotting sheets and this. It is great for my nose! My nose is the shiniest :( My skin is very light with freckles, so it is hard to find a pressed powder that doesn't make me look like an Oompa Loompa :) Or a ghost.The packaging is great! I like to throw the compact in my purse :) My only complaint would be that the applicator ripped apart from frequent use, but I really don't care about it that much. This fits perfectly, my only complaint is that it doesn't last long. I reapply every 3 hours when I have the time. But great for everyday use! Must buy again :)