October 25, 2014 | 1053 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on my third or fourth bottle of this, but I won't repurchase it again. I don't feel like this has enough cleansing capability to remove makeup, so I only used it in the morning or if I needed to wash my face in the middle of the day since it never stripped my face of moisture or made it feel dry. I don't think the fruit acids had enough power to do anything for my skin, though it did sting when I got it in my eyes. I like the simple packaging and the bottle is of rather good quality. If I remember correctly, my previous bottles did not contain Lauramide DEA, nor did the gel itself feel as slimy. This does also contain methylparaben (of note if you're avoiding parabens), it isn't tested on animals, and I notice a lot more of the pearly green shimmer I love in the bottle on my face and hands with this new bottle. This isn't my favorite Mario product, but I'd rate it a solid 2.75 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by EmilyHeather

I has been using this cleanser for over a year with my Clarisonic Mia. Previously having used various drugstore brand cleansers.

Pros:
Grapefruit and Papaya enzymes act as gentle exfoliant
Glowy finish on skin
Cleared up my and my brothers acne pretty well
Removes makeup
Simple list of ingredients
Leaves a very clean yet not 'tight' feeling

Cons:
Sometimes I feel I have to use a lot of the product to do my whole face, but its cheap compared to other prestige skin brands so I don't mind.

Things to note:
NOT a foaming cleanser
NOT Paraben free

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Princesskenzielou

Amaze-balls

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

This soap dried my face out after a couple uses. I much prefer the seaweed cleansing soap.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this cleanser (sample size) for a few weeks now. I use it in the morning basically to rise off any weird sleep residue. It smells nice but that's about it. If you want an overpriced "cleanser" that won't really clean your skin, try it out. But don't get it in your eyes!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by ERB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This does not get make up off at all and did not leave my face feeling clean.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I received a deluxe sized sample of this with a purchase I made from Ulta. I was excited to try it after hearing many positive things about it. Firstly, if you use a Clairsonic Mia daily, do not use this. This cleanser does not lather, making the Mia bristles too rough on my skin. I use my Mia every day/sometimes every other day. When using this cleanser alone, I did find it soothing, and my face felt clean afterward. I didn't like the smell too much, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Overall, I felt like this was an OK product. I'd purchase it if it were on sale, but definitely would not go out of my way for it. (I prefer more of a lather in my cleansers, I guess it makes me feel like it's working more or something!)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Smells good, works well. Except that it burns my eyes if I use it. Sadly I have to try another of their cleanser which is great and equally good.

Wonder what ingredient in it burns my eyes though, literally can't open my eyes if I have this on my face. :/ But it does make my skin super soft after washing!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by JGiacchetta

I wanted to give a few new items a try so when I ordered something off of the MB site I picked this as one of the free trial size items. I had read decent reviews on here that said my combo, sensitive, acne-prone peers had had positive results.

The first few days it was quite nice. I already use a BHA and an AHA so I wasn't expecting any harsh results, and I didn't get any. It smells pleasant and has a nice soft consistency to it. I can't speak for the packaging for the regular size but after a few days of the trial size it was impossible to squeeze the thick gel out and I had to take the top off.

After a few days, though, I started noticing small red clusters on my face especially around my mouth and jawline. They were very itchy and only got worse, and if I had to guess it was some kind of contact dermatitis. As soon as I stopped using it the itchiness went away but it was about a week before the spots went away when back on my old cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I alternate with this when I get sick of Purity (which I buy literally by the gallon). This is excellent for my face, but it can't be used to remove eye makeup. Enzyme Cleansing GEl makes my skin feel soft, and smooth and it seems to take off makeup, dirt, and sunscreen. This cleanser is extremely gentle, and I can't tell if it exfoliates my skin, but it does clean it.