July 24, 2014 | 1966 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I received a deluxe sized sample of this with a purchase I made from Ulta. I was excited to try it after hearing many positive things about it. Firstly, if you use a Clairsonic Mia daily, do not use this. This cleanser does not lather, making the Mia bristles too rough on my skin. I use my Mia every day/sometimes every other day. When using this cleanser alone, I did find it soothing, and my face felt clean afterward. I didn't like the smell too much, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Overall, I felt like this was an OK product. I'd purchase it if it were on sale, but definitely would not go out of my way for it. (I prefer more of a lather in my cleansers, I guess it makes me feel like it's working more or something!)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Smells good, works well. Except that it burns my eyes if I use it. Sadly I have to try another of their cleanser which is great and equally good.

Wonder what ingredient in it burns my eyes though, literally can't open my eyes if I have this on my face. :/ But it does make my skin super soft after washing!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by JGiacchetta

I wanted to give a few new items a try so when I ordered something off of the MB site I picked this as one of the free trial size items. I had read decent reviews on here that said my combo, sensitive, acne-prone peers had had positive results.

The first few days it was quite nice. I already use a BHA and an AHA so I wasn't expecting any harsh results, and I didn't get any. It smells pleasant and has a nice soft consistency to it. I can't speak for the packaging for the regular size but after a few days of the trial size it was impossible to squeeze the thick gel out and I had to take the top off.

After a few days, though, I started noticing small red clusters on my face especially around my mouth and jawline. They were very itchy and only got worse, and if I had to guess it was some kind of contact dermatitis. As soon as I stopped using it the itchiness went away but it was about a week before the spots went away when back on my old cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I alternate with this when I get sick of Purity (which I buy literally by the gallon). This is excellent for my face, but it can't be used to remove eye makeup. Enzyme Cleansing GEl makes my skin feel soft, and smooth and it seems to take off makeup, dirt, and sunscreen. This cleanser is extremely gentle, and I can't tell if it exfoliates my skin, but it does clean it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Madiann

Im so in love with this cleanser. I bought this after i ran out of my purity cleanser. which after two years of 1-2 times a day usage was starting to not work and break me out more. this doesnt foam which took some getting used to but it takes all of my makeup off and works really well with my clarasonic. new holy grail... till my skin gets used to it and i have to switch again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Annaksza

This product is amazing. I love the smell. The papaya enzyme is awesome and it's more gentle than their - also amazing - glycolic cleanser. This is a great cleanser for everyday as it's gentle. However, I use it once a day and use a charcoal cleanser in the evening.

It's great for reducing dead skin cell buildup and improving the texture and tone of your skin are chronic use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love. love. love this cleanser! Doesn't foam, so for those that like the super clean of a foaming cleanser, you will not get it here ;-) Wonderful scent and does not irritate, even my dry sensitive skin. Can work for most skin types.
I use it alone in the morning and as my second cleanse in the evening after removing my makeup with a MB cream "soap", oil remover or cleansing cream, depending on my level of makeup that day. You can use it to remove light makeup, but I just prefer a creamy cleanser and a washcloth for makeup removal and this to actually wash my face. I have used my double cleanse method with this while traveling and it works fine too.
Quite economical as a dime to quarter size is all that is needed, any more is just a waste of product and most likely irritating to your skin.
If you are interested in trying any of the MB products, def. give this one a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Blondeone13

Nice cleanser and not a lot of extra ingredients! I have toner, mask, and scrubs of MB and like all of them:)I found this line through a makeup blog "Prime Beauty," and it was well worth it. I got a sample skin care kit through http://www.mariobadescu.com after filling out a questionnaire. Here in Montana we just started getting a couple of ULTA stores and it's a 9 + hour drive to a Nordstrom's, but N's ships for free.
The one thing I wish we could do is re-cycle the plastic bottles back through. It maybe due to some sterilization process and safe product issues, but hey:)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Courtneybrynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser has a great smell and left my skin feeling exquisitely clean afterwards. Like a whole new level of clean. Unfortunately my skin cannot tolerate it very well because it dries out my skin. I think this would be a perfect cleanser for someone with oily skin or maybe guys (who generally have tougher skin). I use this after I workout because of how clean and refreshed it makes my sweaty sticky skin feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by chertheseira

Was kind of skeptical about this because it's for all skin types and these kind of products usually work in favour of only 1 skin type, judging from past experience. This product smells great, looks great and it is great. It's gel-like and glides over my face. It's easy to wash off and leaves my face feeling and smelling really good. After using it for a month (together with biotherm's pure-fect skin), my skin texture improved (it used to be rly bumpy but it's a little better now) and it improved my uneven skin tone (acne scars and spots appeared lighter). If my boyfriend could notice this, then it must rly be working. Thumbs up once again for Mario Badescu.