Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.2

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

I love the texture and how light this product on my lips! The zing effect is really soothing and relaxing feel to it! I highly recommend this if you want a luxe lip balm with a rose scent and minty feel! Love this product to bits!'👍😘❤️

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Out of the Smith's Rosebud Salves this one would be my favorite.
I like the subtle tint it gives my lips and I love to use it over my lipliner. I use lipliner to outline then fill in my lips and apply this over. It looks great and I always get compliments on it.
Even though I do like this I hate the packaging, it ALWAYS gets stuck and times I have had to throw it out, and it really does not do anything more than vaseline for my lips.
I can buy a huge jar of scented vaseline that does a better job than this and for cheaper as well.
I do prefer carmex over this and then vaseline second.
Wish the other brands had a scent similar to this but they do not. Once I am done with this little tin I will not repurchasing again

First of all this smells amazing!!! It may not be very good during the day but at night this is very good. I honestly think this is one of my favorite lipbalms.( beside lush whipstick) this is somewhat like vasoline but you can feel it working other than just sitting on your lips. But I would buy this just for the smell if it wasn't a good one.

I'd love to leave a review of the actual product, but I've been fighting to get the lid off for the last 15 mins and don't think I'll ever get it off. It's on so tight, there is no way my fingers are going to get it off. I've tried prying it off with a butter knife (not too safe) and one side comes up but when I try to get the other side, it goes right back down again. I honestly don't know how anyone has actually opened this product. Maybe I got a bad one. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this balm. It's so light and smooth. It's not greasy or heavy, which is impressive; despite being as hydrating as Vaseline, it's much lighter. It is a bit pricy, but it is easily the best lip balm I've found, and it lasts a very long time. I've seen a lot of complaints about the tin, but I've never had an issue with it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I am quite fond of this lip balm. The tin is nice, because it's portable and doesn't open in my purse. This lip balm applies smoothly and smells great! The downsides to it are that if you get it in your mouth, it tastes awful, and it isn't the most moisturizing lip balm I've ever used. If you want something that smells nice, and will give your lips a little shine and a rosy tint, this is for you!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i really like this product, its light to carry and light on the lips, it does not feel chunky or heavy. Plus it's a cute tin. I also like that it doesn't give such a glossy finish. Wouldn't recommend if you like gloss, but definitely leaves lips feeling soft and it smells really great :). i would buy it again. i do not know when because it lasts, which is also a plus.

This a pretty good product. It hydrates pretty well. The reason why i wont buy this again is because this is petrolatum based and i am looking for something a bit more fancy and fun. But, I still really like this product and it doesnt make my lips shrivel like how other petrolatum-based lip balms do.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really like this lip balm. That being said, I wouldn't purchase again because I have so many lip balms and I recently discovered Eos Sweet Mint which I like even more. The minted rose is refreshing (I like mint flavors) and the pink tint is pretty (don't think it adds much color to lips though). It's a basic petroleum-based lip balm. No sunscreen, not natural or organic. It's very greasy and shiny because of the petroleum- it sort of sits on top of my lips which is good and bad. Petroleum-based products are like plastic so they don't let anything get in or out of your skin. Sometimes, it seems to help my dry lips to have that "covered and sealed" type of feel so no moisture can seep out, but big-picture, I prefer to use more natural products. I think I like this product as a whole for reasons other than how efficient it is for dry lips. It's for the pretty, vintage, trendy tin case and the ease of use (swipe on with no mirror) more than the actual quality of the product. For really bad dry-lip cases, I would recommend a different product. If you want a trendy tin case to take out of your purse and your lips are normal and fine already, it's a nice choice for low-maintenance minty shine.

Pretty little tin full of a year or more's worth of product. I love the ultra smooth, light quality of this salve, the old fashioned looks, and the value of this! It's a great layer to put on before applying a matte lipstick, and it's great to layer over lipstick that's been on for a few hours to revive the finish and make it more of a glossy stain. I've also used this stuff to keep my brows in place, as a pomade and in the dry corners around my mouth. Great cure-all.

Popular Lip Treatments