August 2, 2014 | 1649 users online

Blush - Cover Girl - TruBlend Naturally Luminous Blush - Shimmering Sands

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh. This stuff was too sparkly and too cakey. It just sat in my pores and looked ridiculous. I liked the puff that came with it though, so I still use that for other stuff, but this stuff is just gross.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This reminds me of the BE Radiances. Very shimmery, with some color. I love it! For those who don't like the shimmer, it's in the name, and you should have known what you were getting when you bought it haha :-P I do use this as a highlighter more than anything, and it's beautiful. I have very good brushes, so I don't have to worry about application flops. I do prefer to use either a smaller brush (controlled highlight) or a skunk brush (light app over cheeks).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by AshleyD2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I really like this blush, but next time i will probably need a darker color, lol. This color is so light, it looks weird on my olive tan skin...BUT i put this on under Nars orgasm, sparkle overload. lol. jk its not too sparkly since i am very light handed. I love shimmer and if you love shimmer this could work for you. I've had this blush for like 4 years....it will probably last me foreverrrrrr, but i need to replace it beacause i dont know how long ur supposed to keep blushes..... Anyway, it was pretty cheap, about 4-5 dollars, the packaging is blah, it is really messy and the powder applicator can only be used a few times b4 its covered in pink. Next time i will definitely keep the sponge in a ziploc. Also i have to put a paper towel down on the counter when i apply this or else pink powder gets everywhere. Other than that... really like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had my hopes up with this one but was disappointed. I gave it two stars cause the shade is pretty. But the sheen was overwhelming and it "illuminated" my fine lines, making them look worse. I would say that it would work well with youthful skin. EDIT: I have to eat my words here. lol I, wanting to make this work, tried different brush's to apply vs the puff it came with, and found that a kabuki brush works well. I have to use it very sparingly, and just barely apply it. Also, I do not use it to highlight my cheekbones as before, but just a bit on the bridge of my nose, the apples of my cheeks, and a little on my eyelids. Much better!! Looks nice on my shoulders as well ;o) Ok, I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm so fair most blushes are too dark for me and I gave this one a whirl and it worked! I also like that it's shimmery, my skin is very dry and matte looking so this gives me a pretty glow! I wouldn't reccomend it for anyone that's any darker than fair except as maybe a highlighter, and it may look too shiny on oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just got this stuff a couple of days ago because I was looking for a subtle blush that wasn't overly expensive. I pretty much looked at all the selections that they had at a couple of stores but I was really targeting a cream blush. I wanted to find a good one but Revlon seems to be the only drugstore brand that has a decent cream blush, but it was way too expensive $10, I believe for a very small container so I decided to find something else.
I came across this stuff and couldn't believe how much product you get for only about $6. I liked that it was a bit shimmery and was debating between this shade and the pure romance (or whatever the lighter pink one is called). I selected this one because it looks a bit more natural and slightly darker. I'm glad that I did... the other one is a bit too baby pink-ish and probably wouldn't show up at all.
I got home and read the reviews. At first I was almost disappointed that it got such mixed reviews but after trying it I am pleased. It's true that it provides a minimal amount of color and it has a lot of sparkle. But because it's such a nice shade and the sparkles aren't glitterly I really like this stuff. I typically use a cream illuminator (by Milani) so this is a nice powder alternative. I also like the fact that there is a ton of product and you can apply it to other parts of the body for a bit of shine.
I used it last night and again today and I really like it. It provides the right amount of shine and color, while creating a natural glow. I don't want it to be obvious that I'm wearing blush anyway and this stuff accentuates my cheeks just the right amount.
I'm glad that it worked out and there is so much product that I won't need to purchase it again for a very long time. The only down side to it is the packaging. It's plastic and the lid doesn't twist off, so I can see how it could easily break (let's hope that doesn't happen). I also just ordered a blush brush to use with it instead since the puff tends to collect a lot of product and you can't "tap off" the excess like suggested by the instructions. I think it will be a lot easier to use with a brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by edgarallanho

This is 90% shimmer and 10% color. I use it as a highlighter to deposit a slight golden shimmer on my cheeks after I put on blush, and it works well on my olive Asian skin tone. I only need a tiny, tiny bit to make that shimmer work since it is all shimmer, anyway. I just dip my brush in whatever's in the cap and tap my brush a lot to get rid of most of the excess and then apply. The last time I applied what I thought was a normal amount, I looked in the pictures and I looked like an oily, shiny mess. Don't buy this for the blush, although it looks like it would've been a beautiful color, buy it for the fine shimmer. They're not chunky glitters, either, just a fine milled shimmer that imparts a slight glow. The container's huge, too, so I have no idea how I'm ever going to finish all of it, ever, even with continual daily use for 20 years. Sometimes, I like to dust it all over my body to give me a glow to my tan, put some in my Fix+ or glycerin water for a slight all-over shimmer, or occasionally, I'll pour some into my hair spray/products and use them on my hair to add a slight shimmer to my red hair. It's ok to be somewhat wasteful with this since there's such an absurd amount.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2008 12:25:00 PM More reviews by ndoodles

TOOO shimmery for me. Bought it, used it twice... haven't touched it since. It doesn't give me any color so I have to use with another blush. I'm sorry but when I buy a blush, I like it to work well by itself. I wouldn't buy this again but I might buy another darker color w/ not so much shimmer and see how that works. I guess a good thing is that it's really big and cheap so whoever finds this a good blush got a good deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

this is as everyone has mentioned, very shiny. it has a slight orangy peachy tint to it and the shimmer itself is golden as well. when it is applied to the face it can look unnatural but it also really isnt so bad that people can see it from a mile away. I even think in the right light it gives off a nice golden glow. therefore, I'd say save this for a special night out and avoid putting on too much during the day

EDIT: i gave it one more star because i just got nars orgasm and notice the two are surprisingly similar. this is more orange-y and shimmery which may sound terrible to some but it just means that it's better suited for nighttime than orgasm and you can layer the two for more shimmer. i wouldnt say this is a dupe, but it is a very good complement

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 8:46:00 AM More reviews by plaidscarves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Edward Cullen would feel dull beside a girl wearing this blush, it's insanely bright and sparkly. I've found that the puff is rather large and awkward. During application, I will often accidentally touch other areas of my face. I'm not a big brush user - a nice puff or sponge is essential. The salt-shaker type bottle annoys me to no end, and on my fair skin it takes a lot of this blush to show any colour. However, it does blend quite nicely and feels extremely light and airy. I prefer a blush that looks natural with not such a bright shimmer. If you're going for that sparkling, dewy, effervescent, bubbly look this is probably a good buy.