September 17, 2014 | 2055 users online

Lipstick - Jane - Lip Huggers

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2005 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Angela75

Jane's Liphuggers in Stud Muffin--fantastic--I've got pigmented lips and most of the time I look like I've just come in from the cold--and getting a neutral lipstick to suit is very difficult-the colour is like a browned, peached slightly shimmery warm neutral to be completely confusing--but I love the texture-it stays and stays and leaves a gorgeous finish--i can't stand shimmer, but somehow this brand leaves my lips looking young despite the shimmery-ness. I look healthy. Probably best for summer colour. I wish their line had more cremes and colours, cuz I'm hooked. Love the moisturizing properties. Will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2005 1:55:00 PM More reviews by PurpleDragonFly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the romanitc rose and its a nice color and overall I like it but It doesn't last long.I find that I am reapplying it about every hour.I don't think I will be buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2005 11:21:00 PM More reviews by shoorihoshi

As a big fan of Jane products, I decided to try Liphuggers. They come in a variety of pretty colors, but, like most matte lipsticks, I found them to be drying. Before use, I reccomend coating your lips with a lipbalm (I use Burts Bees of Apookalypse) to avoid sapping them of moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2005 1:45:00 PM More reviews by bri1078

this lipstick is not what i expested. it is sticky, clumpy, and the overall colors are cheapy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2005 7:10:00 PM More reviews by FritziesMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this in Kiss of Caramel, Mostly Mauve, and Radical Rose. Each of these are wonderful! The mauve is a cool-toned YLBB shade, which I love. I prefer wearing neutral tones and a more natural look in my makeup, and this color works well with that. The caramel is also a YLBB color but more of a neutral shade with a slight bronze tinge. The rose is a beautiful soft pink.

My husband said these colors were all too subdued, so I went back and bought Red Ribbon! I haven't worn it yet, except to try it on when I got home. I'm saving it to wear with my Red Hat Society get-up! LOL!

The only complaint I have about this product is a lack of safety seal. I had to go through every tube in the bin to make sure that I purchased one that no one else had sampled. Some of the tubes were down-right nasty from having been smushed up into the lids or sampled. Yuck!

This lipstick feels wonderful on my lips, and the colors are great. I'll definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2005 10:16:00 PM More reviews by eyeslikedeceit

I've bought Mostly Mauve on and off throughout the last several years and I've always felt extremely comfortable in this shade. This is my HG lipstick. It is so creamy and it looks great paired with Benefits Kiss Me gloss. I love this because it gives enough color without me feeling too made up (the way I feel with my normal reds and purples)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2004 11:26:00 PM More reviews by LowCarbLovely

I have LOTS of lippies ranging from as cheap as Jane products all the way up to more than $20 a tube and I can honestly say that Jane is as good as or better than all the lippies I have (including my MAC lippies.)

My three favorites are:

Go Bananas (pink-y beige, slight frost - tastes/smells like bananas)

Tropical Breeze (gorgeous mauve-y pink with slight shimmer - tastes/smells like pineapple!)

Stud Muffin (super flattering light taupe/beige soft shimmer, no taste/smell)

If Jane can make such good lippies for so cheaply, why can't the other companies? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2004 11:06:00 PM More reviews by BakanHorse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

ive just recently purchased my very first lip huggers. i picked up two (well three- i picked up a wrong shade and plan on returning it for boy crazy). i got stud muffin and kind of carob.

im not sure that i like the infamous kind of carob as well as most other muaers. but im still toying with it. maybe for that prefect outfit on the perfect day i might find a use for it. but then again it seems silly to keep it if you dont absouloutly love it.

stud muffin is a frosty light taupe-y brown. i wasnt sure i liked this one either (IMO- a little too frosty)but i went upstairs after trying it on and my mom said it looked really good! so i suppose im toying with this one too.

the lipsticks them selves i think are a little drying. but then again most drugstore brand ones are. they seem secure in the toube. so thats a plus.

i will however retun to purchase more shades (and return the ones i didnt like)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 11:17:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've got one in Radical Rose, which is a nice frosty rose-pink that works well with my fair skin. It's really moisturizing, and dirt cheap!
The only problem is with other people. They tend to misuse the cheaper stuff and leave it in the store for others to find (I was going to look at another jane lipstick, and removed the cap to check out the color, only to find that the lipstick was not there...)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2004 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kitt_katt_212

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in "Kiss of Caramel". Very very nice color! Darkest lipstick I like to wear. Other then this, I usually only wear either gloss or frosty pinks. THE BEST lipstick....LOVE IT!!!!!