December 18, 2014 | 1792 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer - Hydrating

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by lady_vanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love love LOVE this primer. I have a very dry skin and unlike most heavy silicone-based primers out there, it isn't drying out my skin. It is moisturizing and have a cooling effect on my skin. Take note that this primer does contain silicone unlike her other primers. However, this don't blur out imperfections or pores like most primers such as Loreal Magic Perfecting Base or Lancome La Base Pro, etc. This does leave the skin moisturized and silky smooth for tinted moisturizer or foundation application after. It did help my tinted moisturizer stay a bit longer and it didn't make my tinted moisturizer or foundation patchy at the end of the day. I didn't break out from this primer either.

For 1.7oz, I don't think this is expensive at all. Will keep repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

This is the second Laura Mercier primer I've tried after the Foundation Primer-Mineral. And I still cannot convince myself to like their primer even though my best friend is deeply in love with the primer. It is indeed very hydrating that it is almost like a face moisturiser. After using it, I have not experienced anything that it claims. It does not make you skin smoother, doen not contain any sun screen, does not help your foundation to stay longer, and it is very expensive for what it is! £27/30ml and it only lasted me for a month and a half. I really wish I could like this primer but I really can't.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by mandyfkm

A good hydrating premier that make ur makeup last long. I have combination skin, and I use it on my dry areas (face) before applying the LM silk cream foundation. For T-zone I use an oil-control premier. With LM's mineral powder as the setting powder, the whole makeup is long lasting and it doesn't oxidise. I haven't given full points since I haven't tried it in summer. Lasting power yet to see.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really great primer. It feels nice on my skin and helps my makeup blend in an stay nicely. It is somewhat hydrating though I can't rely on it exclusively to moisturize. The only problem I have is that it's super expensive. I only say "No" for buying it again because I wouldn't buy it at the price it retails for. There are many other products that work well that cost less money, but if I had the cash I would use this one.
I will keep an eye out online for resale at a lower price because I like to use it.

It also has no funny smell like some primers have had, and the tube is pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by brielouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This primer does the most amazing job of keeping foundation fresh on dry skin. At the end of the day, my base still looks flawless. If anything, wearing this primer everyday has improved my complexion, and it's now one of my favourite primers. It never dries my skin, and it creates the smoothest base to apply foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by aldrinmoore

i bought this and the l.m silk creme foundation and out the 2 its given me very bad spots? i never suffer from spots infact i can't even remember the last time i had spots but something in these has made me brake out? the primer is good but not for hot weather, def for winter months, the foundation is good but looks worse without the primer but then the primer makes ya face very oily? i have combi skin and still need to determine if it was this or the foundation that made me brake out?

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy26

I was very dissapointed about this primer. Laura Mercier usually has a good reputation, so I decided to try this. Almost within a week of purchasing, the product turns into a watery mess, because the ingredients have separated. Even daily (!) shaking for about 2 minutes doesn't do the trick. For that amount of money, I feel ripped off. Will never by this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I feel this primer does a good job of keeping my foundation looking fresh and it helps keep it in place throughout the day. My skin is normal to dry, drier especially on my upper cheeks. I can tell the difference in the way my foundation looks on days when I skip the hydrating primer - my foundation looks heavier and drier on my cheeks by the end of the day. I look more radiant when I wear this. :)
I started using this primer when I received a generous sample in a jar, squeezed from the tester. My sample lasted about 2 weeks, then I splurged for the full-sized tube. Now here is where it gets interesting. I never had a problem with the jar sample being watery, and my initial first day with the primer in the tube was fine. But I heard about the primer getting watery so I shook my brand new tube each time before using it, just to keep it from separating.
First day was fine. Second day was fine but a tiny amount of water came out first. Third day after shaking it had a bit more water come out first. The fourth day I really gave it a whopping shake and it become clumpy/watery! After seeing this mess come out, I gave it a harder shake/rapping against my hand to mix it up...and I immediately made it WORSE. It disintegrated even further! Right before my eyes, the entire bottle was reduced to a slurry of shredded primer and water! Nooooo!!!!
I went back to the store to exchange it for a new one. Since I bought the bad one only four days' prior from her, the SA and I are assuming the new tube she gave me is from the same batch as the bad one.
My theory is the product will break down with shaking and I'm testing this new tube *without shaking* to see how long it will last for me. It's possible the formulation has suspended ingredients and the shock and jarring from rapping and shaking will just further separate the ingredients. I'm on day two and no water yet. I'll update my results within a week. :)
3/31, day 21: no shaking, no watery leakage. Doing well so far! I store the tube upside down on its lid so it's ready to squeeze out. Will update as needed.
4/9, day 30: Still not shaking the tube. No watery leakage.
5/9 - Still storing the tube on its cap, no shaking. No watery leakage. :)
6/1 - No shaking. No watery leakage. But I am starting to run out! lol... continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had such high hopes for this, reading the awesome reviews that it gets. I received this in the mail today and it seems like just water. I poured a bit on the back of my hand and it just oozed water. I shook it like a mad woman (I understand that products separate and it might just have done that) and it's still just water. The stuff oozes down my hand, how would I ever use this on my face? Clearly I got a bad one,but this is definitely going back.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

The best primer I have used thus far, and I have used a lot! Some brands include: Smashbox, Benefit, Mary Kay, Make-Up Forever, Sephora brand, and other ones (all from Sephora!).

Anyhow I was using this in conjunction with LM'S creme smooth foundation, and the foundation was congesting my skin, so I decided not to put it on my skin for a few days and it's going back to normal (I doubt I will be using her foundation again though).

This primer actually adds in a layer of moisture without making your skin look oily. I know that's hard to believe but it really does, and you can see it shrinking your pores! Even though I put this everywhere on my face with Mary Kay's oil-free foundation, my skin still gets a little bit oily but like 6-7 hours later, nothing major, but you can still blot it off. I am going to try and put this everywhere but my forehead and put her oil-free primer there and see how it fares. I did use LM's oil-free primer with LM's oil-free foundation but it just looked horrible (I'm pretty sure that was because of the foundation though). I remember using this hydrating primer first a few years ago after seeing it in my sister's drawer (who used it with MAC make-up) and decided to give it a whirl. I thought it was horrible and too watery, and didn't do anything for my skin. That was because I didn't moisturize properly, and didn't let the primer set it so it balled up when I went to put my foundation on. So people remember, you must moisturize properly, and if possible let your moisturizer sink in for 5 minutes, then apply this, and wait until it feels moist to the touch, and then apply your foundation. When you put it on you might think that it's leaving a white film, but that because you haven't massaged it in enough! After it will feel very wet, but give it a few minutes and it will do it's magic! Oh, while I'm waiting for it to dry, I just put my under-eye concealer on, that works fine as well. I'm running low on it, and I'm probably just going to cut the container and scoop the product out that way because it's rather expensive, but you don't need a lot. Although I've been going a bit crazy on my cheeks, since it adds so much moisture! I was trying to find if this one was oil-free so I went on Sephora's site as well as LM's and it didn't say, but I doubt that it is, it does however say that it's water based, and you will be able to tell. It's waaaay more watery than most moisturizers, this is the opposite as many primers are silicone based and some can be compared to a little thinner than Vaseline in texture. Nonetheless it hasn't made me break-out any more than I do, but I've also only tried putting primer on with my fingers, so I don't know if putting it on with a foundation brush would be better or worse, I'll try and update!