Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Hydrating

3.7

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, PEG/PPG-18/18, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sucrose Distearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Phenooxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Xylitylglucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Anhydroxylitol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Xylitol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Tripotassium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbardensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually bought this primer a couple years ago. Finished it up and forgot about it. I really did not like this primer because it didn't help with the stay of my makeup. It felt more like a moisturizer than a primer. For me it had no properties of a primer (i.e. filling in fine lines, blurring pores, longevity, etc). Maybe it works for others but for me it was a dud.

Amazing primer! I have really dry skin in the winter. So dry that usually no amount of exfoliating and moisturizing will prevent flaking. I recently found a routine that keeps my skin relatively hydrated and flake free (Clairasonic + Clinique moisturizer). However I found that wearing makeup for any significant length of time lead to dry patches and it practically melting off in some areas. I went to Sephora to try to find a primer that would help my make up last and was given a sample of MUFE HD primer. While is was an okay primer it didn't really solve any of my problems. I then got a sample of the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer after reading a few reviews and it definitely works. My makeup stays on all day, my skin is hydrated and doesn't flake, and it doesn't get that shiny throughout the day. Best primer for dry winter skin, could not be any happier :).

Likes:
Hydrating
Lightweight
Dewy finish, but not greasy or oily

Dislikes:
- Texture: it is a little bit too wet for my liking when I first put it on my skin. It takes a few rubs around my face before the product actually absorbs into the skin. Once the product is absorbed, it doesn't feel like I have any product on.

At $32, I wouldn't jump at buying this again once I run out. I would probably spend some time trying to find cheaper options. The stand-out benefit of this product is that it hydrates & nourishes my skin. Yes, this product does its job in creating a smooth canvas for the rest of your makeup, but most primers do that if you compare it to putting makeup on just your bare skin. If you compare this primer with others, I can't say it's at all "amazing" or "does wonders." When I do wear makeup (usually medium to full coverage), I find that my MAC foundation still rubs off, but my Dior Airflash doesn't. Not sure if it's the awesomeness of the foundation itself, or the primer itself, or the combination. Someone told me that most of LM's products work best when used together.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love Smashbox primer, I love the velvety feel I get with it. However I really have been having difficulty getting my skin to look good again so alas I carted my naked fact to the Laura Mercier counter at Von Maur and she turned me on to this primer. I still use my moisterizer first (as she told me to) and then I apply this. It really does help smooth out my skin for when I put on my foundation. You only have to use a little! This will last me a long time. You get what you pay for with this primer! And if you are looking for something to smooth out your skin and prep for foundation you need to give this a try!

Pros: Very easy to apply. Makes my face super smooth. Oil free. Holds my foundation in place throughout the days. Cons: It's a bit pricey but for 1.7oz, it's worth it if you have the money to splurge on it! Skin Type I have is combination oily.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love love LOVE this primer. I have a very dry skin and unlike most heavy silicone-based primers out there, it isn't drying out my skin. It is moisturizing and have a cooling effect on my skin. Take note that this primer does contain silicone unlike her other primers. However, this don't blur out imperfections or pores like most primers such as Loreal Magic Perfecting Base or Lancome La Base Pro, etc. This does leave the skin moisturized and silky smooth for tinted moisturizer or foundation application after. It did help my tinted moisturizer stay a bit longer and it didn't make my tinted moisturizer or foundation patchy at the end of the day. I didn't break out from this primer either.

For 1.7oz, I don't think this is expensive at all. Will keep repurchasing.

This is the second Laura Mercier primer I've tried after the Foundation Primer-Mineral. And I still cannot convince myself to like their primer even though my best friend is deeply in love with the primer. It is indeed very hydrating that it is almost like a face moisturiser. After using it, I have not experienced anything that it claims. It does not make you skin smoother, doen not contain any sun screen, does not help your foundation to stay longer, and it is very expensive for what it is! £27/30ml and it only lasted me for a month and a half. I really wish I could like this primer but I really can't.

A good hydrating premier that make ur makeup last long. I have combination skin, and I use it on my dry areas (face) before applying the LM silk cream foundation. For T-zone I use an oil-control premier. With LM's mineral powder as the setting powder, the whole makeup is long lasting and it doesn't oxidise. I haven't given full points since I haven't tried it in summer. Lasting power yet to see.

This is a really great primer. It feels nice on my skin and helps my makeup blend in an stay nicely. It is somewhat hydrating though I can't rely on it exclusively to moisturize. The only problem I have is that it's super expensive. I only say "No" for buying it again because I wouldn't buy it at the price it retails for. There are many other products that work well that cost less money, but if I had the cash I would use this one.
I will keep an eye out online for resale at a lower price because I like to use it.

It also has no funny smell like some primers have had, and the tube is pretty.

This primer does the most amazing job of keeping foundation fresh on dry skin. At the end of the day, my base still looks flawless. If anything, wearing this primer everyday has improved my complexion, and it's now one of my favourite primers. It never dries my skin, and it creates the smoothest base to apply foundation.

Popular Primer/ Correctors