September 1, 2014 | 969 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - LiquidLast in Inkspill

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by vflorestano

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I also have very oily eyelids and have tried many waterproof pencils, but they all smear under my eyes by mid-day. This is seriously the first eyeliner I've ever used that doesn't smear AT ALL. Even by the end of the day it looks about 90% in place. The color is a greenish/black that goes with everything. My new "go to" product. If you have oily lids, splurge and buy this.

Only downside: I find it hard to apply on my lower lids as the brush gets caught up in my lashes, But I only apply on upper lids anyway,

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by espressoandeyeliner

First off, I have an extremely oily eye area. Most eyeliner smudges significantly after a few hours, or just a little bit; either way, it smudges. Well, I put this on at 6 this morning and there was no smudging all day! I was absolutely ecstatic, to put it mildly. Here's the kicker: I had swimming class today. I went in the pool, had my face in the water, had water splashed at me, etc. I go to the locker room, look in the mirror, AND IT'S PERFECT! I was amazed. This stuff truly is impervious to anything. The price was a little off-putting, more than I wanted to spend, but it's worth it for what it does. If you have a very oily eye area or simply can't forgo your eyeliner even in the water, this is the product for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Where have you been all my life, Inkspill? I have no idea why it's so hard to find liquid eyeliners in colors other than black and brown, but it is, then to have those actually be liners that LAST, well good luck...Until I found liquidlast. I don't get the complaints about this being difficult to apply, I had a very easy time with it, just went slow and looked down and angled my hand from above so that it didn't get onto my lashes and I was fine. For those who have a hard time with it, I'd suggest drawing a faint guiding line in a light tone and then just trace over that.

The cream formula makes it easier to control, moreso that traditional liquids where are too runny and watery for me. Also this has yet to irritate my eyes, something most waterproof formulas can't claim.

The color is a beautiful blacked emerald. It was the perfect color for me as I was looking for a non-black shade that was more interesting than brown without being too bright or loud of a shade. I can finally do a cat-eye for the day without using harsh black or other products that fade fast. This product stays on! I love it! Great because I cry at the drop of a hat and workout religiously and NEED something that truly stays and this does.

This product is worth the steady hand it takes to apply it.

Edit: It's been a few months and this product has thickened up on me :( not as easy to apply but still the beautiful color, I do have to layer it over another liner. I purchased Inky as well but I think I'm just over having to fuss over this product entirely too much for it to be worth another repurchase unless it was specifically for a special occasion. Not great for everyday use :( so sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by SanityPhobia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Don't bother with this product if normal eyeliner never smudges on you. Don't bother with this product if you don't have oily eyelids that need an industrial strength eyeliner. This stuff is the ONLY eyeliner that stays on me without smudging. This is something that MAC fluidline couldn't even do for me!
As for the color, it's a greenish black with green sparkles. Very pretty IMO.
I've heard many complaints about the applicator. It is flimsy and difficult to control without an extremely steady hand. Fortunately for me, I have a very, very, (VERY) steady hand.
It can get on your eyelashes if you're not careful. Sometimes, a little bit can clump on around the top rim of the tube.
But regardless of these problems, the simple fact that this stays on my oily lids all day, makes it impossible for me to give this any less than 5 lippies :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by summon_the_rain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ugh, this is, hands-down, the WORST liquid eyeliner - EVER ! After you use it a few times, a lot of the product gets very clumpy and tacky around the brush wand. Normally, you'd just slide the brush against the opening to put the product back in there, but you can't ! It is way too clumpy by that point, if it didn't already dry out !

Not only that, the brush is way too flimsy for how thick and disgusting this product is. The price is a rip-off, considering that NYC cosmetics makes better liquid e/l than this "LiquidLast" stuff.

I gave this stuff a 2 because the staying power is amazing, and this stuff does have potential. If MAC works on this some, and perhaps re-formulates it so that it doesn't get clumpy and has a better applicator brush (like a felt-tip for instance), this would most likely become my HG l/l.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ditch13

The colour is very nice!!! When it goes on my lids it's even a bit darker with I like. However, same problem I have w/ the Fluidline-waveline, when I apply, I get an "outlined box", meaning the brush will push the liner toward the edge of the line leaving the center a lighter, thinner colour. Again, I don't remember that happened with the Point black colour. Maybe I should actually let the whole tube dry out a little, and that seems the liner will go on with more consistency. =

Applying with a different brush definitely help, since it can get between the roots with sticking too much on the lashes. And again, its smudge-proof, water-proof characteristic is UNRIVALLED. I once cried my eyeballs out with the LiquidLast (pointblack) on, it didn't smudge or deteriorate, the line wasn't as perfect anymore but it stayed on well, too well!! =)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Carmen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

while the shade is lovely, it is very difficult to remove, even with oil-based removers, and I found that the deal-breaker.
It also took off a couple of lashes as I tried to remove it. Will definitely not repurchase. Will probably try the regular liquid liners. I'm returning this one for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2007 1:38:00 AM More reviews by pieholdensuite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The liquidlast liners recently got some more airtime with the new Matte2 collection, and I really like the color, which is a dark hunter green with shimmer. The green really compliments my NC40 skin tone and dark eyes, but it is still black enough to wear during the day. The formula doesn't budge at all, so make sure you have an oil based eye makeup remover and some time to take this off. The formula itself is slightly stickier than other liquid liners I've used, and it dries to a glamourous patent leather shine. Like some other reviewers I also have trouble with it getting in my eye lashes and mussing up my mascara application,but I've found if you use a different brush (not the one that comes with the tube) this eliminates the problem. It's $16.50, which is about average for a MAC eyeliner, and for something so smudgeproof I would agree with the price. This is a great liner that has serious lasting power and I would highly recommend. Will repurchase (perhaps in other colors as well)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I'm sort of on the fence about this product. I was attracted to it at the MAC store because it looked like a beautiful, dark green with shimmer, but on my eyelid, I can't really tell that it's green. Also, as other reviewers have mentioned, the brush is really darn difficult to use! I'm pretty good at applying liquid eyeliner, but this brush is terrible! I got the liner all over my lashes, so when I went to apply mascara, my lashes were sort of tangled and "crunchy."

I do have to give it credit for longevity... I am wearing it today for the first time, and it has outlasted any other liners I've worn in the past, liquid, gel or pencil. I haven't tried to remove it yet (that's for tonight!) -- but I'm well armed with my Almay moisturizing eye m/u removal pads and Lancome BiFacil. I'll update if I have any problem removing.

The price was a bit off-putting... $16.50 for a small container which I'll probably toss within 6 months. (I toss all liquid makeup within 6 months, regardless of whether or not I've used it all.)

Overall, I'm not sure if I'll repurchase. I like the longevity, but that's about it. I'll update as I use this more.

For reference, I am Asian, NC25 with dark hair and eyes. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Cali_Dancer85

I've been looking for a nice dark green liner for a while and I finally settled on inkspill which is a lovely hunter green with shimmer. It's a lovely color and the best part is that it's VERY stayproof. I thought fluidlines were good but this just kicks fluidlines in the butt in terms of staying ability. I don't have any issues with the application brush that it comes with because I'm used to using MAC's 209 brush with my fluidlines. If you're not careful though, it can seep a bit onto your lashes but it's easily removed with your nails. These liquid liners also dry decently fast and they're easily removed with my Sonia Kashuk dual phase makeup remover...I wear waterproof liner and mascara so having a good makeup remover is a must. For those girls who don't wear waterproof makeup...I can see them having a heck of a time getting this off. I wonder if these liners are part of their permanent collection.