October 24, 2014 | 1663 users online

Treatments - Healthy Hoof

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Eskimofriend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product!! Finally something that works! After years of nail biting i struggled to find anything that would really hydrate my cuticles and strengthen my nails. I tried everything! Every sally hansen product going, OPI, Essie...literally everything!
I combine this with a biotin supplement and now my nails are really hard and strong! I still cant bellieve theyre my nails sometimes and cant stop staring at them LOL
The only downside for me is living in Ireland i have to order from ebay so brings a jar to about $14 for me but its a small price to pay for having hands that im proud of! :)
Buy It! You wont regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't expecting very much from this stuff when I picked it up at BB&B. My cuticles are forever dry, even in the summer, and when they're dry, I'm constantly picking at them. I've tried Burt's Bees, a random SH cuticle cream that turned my fingers green (yep.), and countless oils to try to combat the dryness. Enter Healthy Hoof: A $2.99 tub that really seems to moisturize my cuticles. The scent is a little medicinal, but it's not overwhelming. I apply before bed and wear gloves, and in the morning, nice looking cuticles!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

I've got a lot of love for this cute little tub.

I've always had problems with my nails and cuticles, especially when I am in Colorado, because of the dry climate. I have problems with nails peeling and being brittle/breaking easily, and even more chronic problems with my cuticles being dry, and rough, catching on things, tearing, and just generally being in horrible shape. None of this is helped by the fact that I'm a very 'hands on' person - I do a lot with my hands, and I'm not very careful with them. I've got a bad tendency to use my nails as tools in a pinch, too.

So I need a good treatment product to sort out this damage and keep my nails and cuticles in good condition. I've tried a number of different products such as cuticle creams/balms and oils. Most things do help, but healthy hoof has helped so much more than anything else I've used that I'm going to be sticking with this.

If I use Healthy Hoof regularly, my cuticles stay in great shape, (better than ever before!) and my nails seem to be harder/stronger and more flexible. Things that would have made a nail snap just don't anymore. They're so much more resilient. I don't mean that I never break a nail anymore, but it's no longer a chronic problem. My fingers feel softer, less likely to catch on fine fabrics, I feel like my hands have improved in appearance and feel so much. I mostly just keep it on a little side table near where I usually sit to chill out/watch TV in the evenings, and absentmindedly use it probably about 4-5 times a week, though I'm theoretically trying to use it every day. If my nails/cuticles are in bad shape, I use it a couple times a day.

You get a nice big tub of Healthy Hoof, for such a low price. There's so much, and it's so inexpensive that I don't hesitate to use this product on other areas of quite rough skin, like elsewhere on my hands, on my feet, knees, or elbows. I've also used it over small recent scars on my hands and seen improvement faster than I feel I would have without doing anything to look after them.

The smell is more of lavender than anything else, it's not offensive or bothersome to me. I do feel like this can leave your fingers a little ummmm ... sticky? Anyhow, if I'm using this during the daytime, I just put on some hand cream or lotion afterward, and that seems to normalize everything. The texture is more like a really thick body butter than a balm. You don't need to warm up the product or use anything but a finger-tip to get plenty out, so it's a lot more user-friendly than something like Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Butter. For travel, I'd suggest putting a healthy glob of this in a small sample jar, just so your cuticle cream isn't taking up so much space.

One last suggestion - you can totally use this when you're pushing your cuticles back. Just put on a bit more than you actually need, so there's like a small white dab along each cuticle, let it sink in a bit, and then do the usual thing with an orange stick.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product, and trust me ladies, I have tried them ALL. From Sally Hansen to OPI and even Dior, and none of them really work. I found this at the drug store (London Drugs in Canada) for $5, and holy smokes is it ever good. Like the previous reviewer, my cuticles are bone dry, peeling, bleeding, you name it. Dealing with the public and handling paperwork all day and washing my hands constantly, your nails take a beating. It has a light herbal scent formulated with lavender and rosemary oil, pleasant and not strong at all but relaxing. The texture is great, a cream with a little firmness to it, it feels nourishing. I massage a bit in just before bed and it's helping already. If you don't see it in your local drugstore, ask for it. Love!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by mzebra

I am going to have to buy a gallon of this stuff. While I'm still a fan of the Burt's Bee lemony butter, this also is a prime staple to conquer my poor chronic cuticles. Not only am I a habitual cuticle picker/chewer (gross, I know!), but I subject my nails to acetone at least 2x a week & always have my nails painted. With the use of the healthy hoofs on a nightly basis my once jagged cuticles are looking under control. The stuff doesn't smell as pretty as the lemony butter, but at least it doesn't smell bad. It also seems to absorb rather quickly into the skin. I picked up a jar for less $3 through transdesign and will definitely be throwing a few more in my shopping cart in my next haul. As long as I have fingers, I will be giving this the thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

This stuff rocks, seriously, it really works really well. I am a major nail and cuticle picker, I have been for years, and using this cream has finally gotten my nails and cuticle to a point where there strong and smooth enough for me to not to really be able to pick. My nails look better than they have in over a decade. I definitely recommend it, it's also quite affordable, although somewhat hard to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by adlrmns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I was in school for esthetics, we would sell this and use it on our clients. It is a very hydrating cuticle and nail cream, and it provides strength to brittle nails. It helps in the growth of nails, and also the durability. I use it at least 3-4 times a day, and always make sure to put it on before bed. This product with last a long time, because you don't need to use much when applying it and massaging it onto your nails. Fantastic product! Cannot believe that this was originally intended for horses!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by aladie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so excited that I can finally declare something HG! This is it for sure and I've tried everything to make my nails grow- Biosil, calcium pills, jello, Nailtiques, Solar oil, jojoba oil mixed with vitamin E oil, about every sally hansen nail growth thing on the market...The greatest thing that I had found before discovering this was called Hard as Hoof. Its in a little white jar with a bright green label at WalMart for around $5. That product was amazing but this Healthy Hoof is 10x better. I like this product better because it is sooo much thicker than the other and that makes it last A LOT longer. And this is cheaper- about $4 at CVS ($4!). To get the results with the other cream I was buying a jar every week and a half to two weeks. This new product has lasted me a month so far and its only half gone. The other cream smelled good but this one smells amazing- like someone else said lavender- which I love at bed time. My nails look amazing- so strong and healthy. I put a thick layer on my hands and nails at bed time and saw results within in a few days. Also works great as a hand cream during the day. Highly Recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cream is incredible-total HG. My once thin, peeling and chipping nails are now hard as a rock. I have not had a chip or a peel since I started using it. And I noticed a difference within days, which is unheard of. I have tried every brush-on strengthener there is and none have made a difference. Even the hair & nail vitamins didn't help. Apparently all I needed was a jar of of cream from CVS. You only need a tiny bit per application, so this jar could easily last for months. All for $5. What's not to love?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a lifelong nail biter, and it shows - my nails are brittle and they flake, and once I see that my nails are weak and peeling it doesn't make kicking the habit any easier. I haven't been strict in applying this daily (more like every 2 - 4 days) but I have noticed a difference.

My nails look shiny but they are still very very weak. They've grown out further than they ever have before, but since most of my nails (except for my thumbs) can't even grow past my fingertips, I can't say if this product is worth it or not. Even with better hand care, my nails continue to break and peel. Healthy Hoof moisturizes my nails and makes them a little healthier, but I don't know if it's really made them stronger.