MAC Brow Finisher

4.2

on 10/18/2011 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is one of those staple products that may not be particularly glamorous, but is a necessary part of one's routine. Nothing was keeping my wayward brows in place, and I've gone through it all--brow powders, pencils, gels, etc. MAC's Brow Finisher does the trick, you just have to be careful not to over apply or else it'll look like you ran a glue stick over your brows. I brush my brows, apply a little of the finisher, fill in with brow pencil, reapply a little more of the finisher, then do a final brush. Comes in a thin twist-up tube, allowing precise application without snapping any of it off. I always gently wipe it off on a towel after every use so no gunk reforms on it. Since it comes in a plastic container it's Back 2 MAC-able, which is always a plus. I took a lippy off because it *is* a bit overpriced for something that's really nothing more than wax, but it's not like I want to risk putting something like lip balm on my brows.

on 7/25/2011 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

this product does the same thing as wax. it is wax.
i really like it because it comes in a twisty pen. it is so easy to apply. it does keep my eyebrows in place but they seem to move around after 2 hours. i have another wax that doesnt do this but i prefer this because of the ease of application.

i have it in the clear version and i bought it in america so it was dirt cheap for me, but expensive if i purchased it in australia. i have tried the brow set and dont know that i prefer this one. the amount they give you is alot so this should last for a really long time.

big fan! will repurchase when im in the states again

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

They've discontinued this product in colors, but still have it in clear - which is fine by me! I love the ease of use with this product, I love that it keeps my brows soft and pliable. It lasts forever, too! However 4 lippies because my brow hairs don't stay in place. I have to swipe my finger over my brows every now and again during the day to get them back in place, but I still really enjoy using this product and will purchase again.

on 12/31/2010 1:21:00 AM

i got this in a tinted color (forgot the name) and it was great until they discontinued it so i bought the clear version. it's just not the same. it left this wear white flim on my brows which was not cool! PLEASE bring back the tinted ones!

on 11/23/2010 7:59:00 PM

I bought this based on reviews here, but I have to say that I hate this product! Once in a while, if I run out of my MAC Brow Pen, I will try this out, and every time I end up having to remove it completely to get my eye brows to cooperate. I find that it makes the hairs in my brows stick together and stick to my skin as if I had put glue on. I don't get the positive reviews here. It is probably because of the reviews that I keep going back to it, but it just doesn't work for me.

on 10/31/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to have this in the darkest shade which was a cool brown - nowadays I believe it's only available in clear. It filled in my eyebrows good, although the color, even though ashy, was still a little too warm on me, thus looking a bit fake - you know, the dreadful "look at my perfectly filled-in brows" look. The color payoff was light though, meaning subtle enough to look relatively natural. What was off-putting about it was the balm-like little applicator; just like coating your brows with gluestick. My brow hairs are quite long and all this product did was paste them on my skin making them look flat, which is supposed to be a positive thing, but not when you can feel this part of your face numb all day as if you've placed some sort of wax immobilizer on it. Plus it gave this sort of odd shine to the hairs, and in my opinion satiny eyebrows look worse than fake lashes applied badly. In addition, after a few hours it would dry up completely (while it wasn't supposed to), leaving the brow hairs thick and stiff and a lot heavier, causing them to point downwards which was the exact opposite of the desired effect. So for those interested in purchasing the clear version of this which is all that's left online, you might want to reconsider.

on 10/28/2010 6:52:00 PM

I have the "uncolored" version of this, and I love it. It's especially handy when I'm using MAC's Concrete shadow to fill in my brows. I just rub the waxy stick on the back of my hand to warm it up and soften it, then swipe it through my brows. When I use this, my brow color lasts through a busy 10 hour work day and always look good. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who uses shadows to fill in their brows!

on 8/5/2010 7:19:00 AM

I own the clear version of this. After applying Nars ipanema eyebrow pencil, I apply the brow finisher and finally trim eyebrows with a brush. They stay put that way, look shimmery, natural and polished and no visible oozy residues spoil the look as is the case with gels. However, I doubt whether the product is strong enough for really unruly hair

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have this in Wheat. The idea was good but the product was bad. When I first apply and brush it in they look nice for about half an hour but then they start to stick up in random places and wherever it lifts up they look dry and stiff like straw. It works better if after I apply I put some Fruit of The Earth 100% aloe vera gel on with a mascara wand and brush it in but then there was no point in using the Brow Finisher because the results look just as nice with only using the aloe vera gel. Will not repurchase.

on 7/6/2010 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I use this in "clear". I've been wanting a wax-type brow grooming/finishing product for ages and then finally discovered this. I used MAC's eyepencil in Spiked, then use this to tie my brow look together. Love it!

Popular Brows Products