July 24, 2014 | 1587 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Boffan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this through a fren at staff discount, so it was a good price. Was intriged by the technology and the tot of foundation will never be too thick again! However, the act of spraying the foundation is not easy, have difficulties closing my eyes and aiming in the general direction. After using it for 1 yr, am not sure if pdt has finished, spray seems to be inconsistent. would buy the refill again since I have already invested in the air touch spray.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by VeryVain1985

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation.

What I totally love is the gimmick of this spray foundation. The idea is brilliant, and it's also really user friendly. I was hesitant of using this foundation after I filled in my brows and applied my eyeshadow, but it just works like a charm. You don't have to worry it will ruin your hard work before. There won't be any foundation found on your brows and eyeshadows, it really does what it promises.

What I hate about it is the foundation formula. I have combination/oily skin and always have to set my foundation with a powder. After I've sprayed this foundation on, it's almost impossible to set it with powder because the foundation takes forever to dry on the skin. So if SK II comes up with another foundation formula someday especially made for those with combination/oily skin and dries faster on the skin surface, I think I'll love it again. I also don't like the funky smell this foundation has, it smells very chemical. I really have to hold in my breath when I spray this.

I really hope someday it will work for me again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by siannylaksana

The best foundation ever. It's sheer yet it covers well. I've tried a lot of foundation brands from Chanel, La Prairie, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Cle de Peau, Guerlain, Lancome and Shiseido. But SK II Air Touch Founation is indeed the best. It's also hydrating at the same time. I wish it would last longer though. It gets used up very fast when you use it often. Overall, it's the best foundation, worth buying despite the high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Arcanist

UPDATE: I ran out of my first refill after about two months. It was entirely unexpected and while I was waiting for my new refills to arrive, I used my previous faves - Vichy tinted moisturiser and Chanel Vitalumiere creme. No comparison. Neither applied as evenly and lasted unchanged as long.

I bought mine off ebay, and have used it for about a week. I love it! Selecting the shade was a bit of a gamble, but in the end, I got OP-1 for my pale caucasian skin with slight yellow undertones. All available shades cover a range of skintones. I think I will try OC1 next, for more yellow. Some people have said that they get streaky, blotchy results. I don't. I put on moisturiser - it's essential you moisturise properly before application - and powder, although you can also use powder once the foundation has dried, and then apply the Air Touch in about 30 seconds. I've read that it accentuates fine lines and pores - I think that happens when you apply too thick a layer. If you need more coverage, layer, but let the previous application dry first. It takes a few minutes to dry, that's true, but I have not experienced hours of stickiness. So you do your eyebrows, eyeshadow and blush, and then spray away. When you have surface dry skin, due to harsh acne treatments, for instance, then Air Touch acts strangely - it happened to me after overzealous use of BP. Instead of staying fresh all day, the foundation sat on top of the dry but oily skin, gathering in my pores, and came right off when wiped. No foundation will look good on surface dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by marsangel

I bought and tried it out of sheer curiosity, since it gets so much limelight from beauty editors and others who swore by it. I'm a long-time SK-II skincare user too, so it seems natural to try this out.
    I have a normal skin without acne problems or drying patches. Basically, it's beautiful skin that I'm often complimented on (the only area that really prides me since I'm that shallow :) )

And I must say I'm simply amazed at the airbrushed look after first spray. My skin looks perfect, natural, flawless. It doesn't look like it has any makeup on, and Air Touch doesn't cover anything anyway. It just perfects the skin and makes it more luminous. My GA LSF is already tough to beat with its perfect shade and ability to cover up flaws while still looking natural and glowing.

I'm using Air Touch as everyday use when I don't need much coverage, as I found letting a drop off the device every time you let it sits idle for some time is wasteful. I reserve the GA LSF for special night ocassions, but I might try spraying this as a finishing touch.

So, it deserves 5 lippies from me, 5 for being best, 5 for being way too expensive, 5 for being a great gizmo, and I'd definitely buy the refills to justify the gizmo purchase. :D

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by ojodeazul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am not sure if I would buy this product again. I love it in the summer when I don't want to wear any makeup but want a somewhat finished looked. However, I found this to really not do anythign for the look of my skin in the winter when I had to put other makeup under it. I just don't think I can justify this price of this if I am not going to wear it all year long... I will have to think about this one somemore..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Fleet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had really high hopes for this product, after reading the glowing reviews and seeing before and after photos, but my impression is completely negative. Maybe I got a bad unit, but the product comes out unevenly, leaving streaks and bare spots. I feel I can't control the application. The mist of foundation is so faint I can barely tell where I'm applying it, and to be honest the finished look is not very impressive. The areas that the product applied correctly to looked pretty good except for the strange way it seemed to emphasize my fine lines and highlight lines I didn't know I had, smile lines. I guess it's the liquidy consistency, but it seemed to not sit right in those areas. I'm only 25 and have good skin, so I found that a bit shocking. I think I get better, smoother coverage and a prettier dewy look with my MAC Studio Sculpt foundation and the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge, plus can see where I'm putting it, and I can touch it without ruining my face.

Another issue I have with this product is the amount of time it takes to set. You literally can not touch it until it's dry, and that can take 30 minutes, depending on how much you apply. It's very windy where I live, and I couldn't get out of my house without having some hair brush my cheek. That ruins the look. I don't have time to wait for this to dry. Despite the compact look of the beautiful machine, it's quite heavy. That plus the expense of the machine means I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying this in my purse.

It's so sad this didn't turn out to be the HG foundation I thought it would. If you have the money and you are interested, I do think you ought to give it a try, just to experience this unique foundation. I think if I'd gotten mine to apply correctly it would have looked beautiful, but in this trial it didn't outdo much cheaper foundations, and the applicator was frustrating. I wouldn't purchase this again, but maybe if you live near an SK-II counter where you can get professional application help it could work. It clearly works for a lot of people.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by eurobarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Edit 17th of July 2009: I tried OC-1 and like it much better. I find i need to use less to get the same effect, as it often is with foundations which match your skin perfectly.. there is less pink in this, its a lovely creamy colour. Still going strong, i dust a little mineral primer in my oily t zone, seems to hold it for a little longer, still not as long lasting as i hoped it would be, if only it stayed longer it would be HG Im a long time of user of mineral makeup, my skin is acne prone & sensitive for refrence. I was reading reviews for this product for about a year now, but I was pretty sceptical about purchasing this anyway, I don't like to change my foundation too often when I found something that works.. However my skin would look a little blotchy and dry in pimple prone areas when i tried to conceal them, and I as pretty tired of washing my brushes weekly. I took advantage of the fact that SK-II air touch is being discontinued in Australia and got the applicator and one refill for 120AUD$ at david jones ( + staff discount, even cheaper).

My two main worries were breakouts and not enough covarage for post acne marks. Its been reletivily good for breakouts, I get more or less the same as with mineral foundations although this formula does contain both talc + parabens.. kind of strange. In the coverage department.. Its perfect for what I need but I can easily see how this doesnt provide enough covarge for everybody else. Besides acne marks& current acne my skin is in pretty good shape. I apply primer, concealer to spots and do about a 30sec application to the face, perfect very light covarge but enough to cover pores and give a little bit of airbrushing. I find that you need to use primer or some sort of mattifier in oiler areas of the skin... for example my nose. Without primer this foundation looks flawless on my nse for a good 45mins before sliding right off.. but again nothing a good primer cant fix. The finish is a dewy one for me, and for my mum who has dry mature skin, its more a matte but not chalky style finish. Its awsome not to have to touch your face for application, makes so much of a diffrence in my opinion to the beautiful finish and not cakey look around blemishes.

Its a shame this is discontinued, I've had to buy refils online as back up (60AUD for two refils on ebay).. since you don't know when this is going to finish, but I havent changed them yet, its been about 3 months of daily usage. the other thing that really frustrated me is the drop you have to release before every usage. The sales assistance was a ittle crazy in this part of her explanation of use, saying I needed to release one drop before every use.. on a daily basis.. and two drops each month or the machine breaks down etc.. This is crazy imo. I watched in horror as she released one drop before initial usage what looked like about 1ml of the 5m satchet.. and havent done it ever since. It works fine *knock on wood*. It also scra to realise how little foundation you get, but considering half of it doesnt end up sticking to your brushes or sponges.. it all ends up on your face, ist not too horrid. I use OP-1 for my ppp skin. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by mlv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product at full price from Saks and just loved it but reality hit, I can't afford this :(

I returned it and searched for a used one on ebay for several months and finally got one for 50 bucks and got two refills for 60 bucks. I have to say that the price is the only bad thing about this product.

If you like matte coverage like studio fix then you might not like this foundation. It is more of a glowing coverage. I sometimes use loose mineral powder to set the coverage again in the afternoon. My husband say my face glows. I do have quite a few scars on my face from acne but I don't care if you can still see them after makeup. If you think you might care then this makeup might not be for you.

I love the ease of the application and the cool applicator. My son thinks it is cool because it "sprays your prettiness". So, if you can get a good deal then go for it. I treat mine like gold :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by livviilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
    1. Lasts all day.
    2. Beautiful glowy finish.
    3. Great buildable coverage.
    Cons:
    1. The price!
    2. Time-consuming - needs time to set between applications.
    Now on sale at David Jones at 30% off, and the refills are $100 on strawberrynet.
    Great makeup starts with great skin, and I maintain mine via diet (lots of omega 3s, protein and water) and daily skin care routine (using cellbone products). So for me the test for a really good foundation is how well it lasts looking like it just been applied.
    After some trial and error (obviously using the product sparingly) I discovered the product works best for me if:
    1. My skin has been thoroughly moisturised;
    2. All the moisture has been absorbed into my skin (a good test: if the surface of the skin feels dry);
    3. Concealer must be applied;
    3. Two light applications are better than a heavy one, that is, one application of 20 seconds, wait until it sets, then another application of 20 seconds.
    I will be reserving this foundation for special occasions only, because the skin really does look perfect.
    I initially used the colour BE2, I found this too light and used 0B4, which is a better colour match. I think the lightness has to do with the glow that you get from the foundation, my advise is to test this out on the counter.
    But oh I love this foundation!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No