October 21, 2014 | 1736 users online

Self Tanners - Salon Bronze Airbrush Tan

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by swamsley24

I personally love this stuff. I always spray myself, my friends, my mother, and sister with this before they have a special event. They LOVE the results they get. It does look orange at first but after 12 hours when you rinse it off in the shower, the color you get is beautiful and even. I do not recommend this for someone who is not good with self tanners because this would be difficult for someone with no experience.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this on my first visit to Sally's Beauty. My SO is so nice to want to go to Sally's after a nice dinner on a Friday night. Oh LOOK! There's Sally's!

It was on sale. It works great. To apply, I stepped in shower and applied 15" from me, and I am so glad I shut the curtain as it gets a fine powder all over everything, which rinses out well. I did my legs first, I always have a probem with streaking legs with any product. I was alarmed as it was so dark, and it went into the pores, but I was holding it too close. So, I kept a black slightly moist washcloth handy, then I did a blot, blot, blot with the washcloth. Making sure to blot inside of arms, back of knees, around toes, ankles and heel. No way would I use this on my face, I use Clarins.
It was dry very quickly. The color came out chocolate brown and I was so afraid, as I am a redhead, well strawberry blonde now that summer's here, but it wasn't too dark, it dries lighter. I am used to a very slight tan, or golden color, but by August my usual MO is to be a little tan from so much swimming. So it just looks like a natural tan. Note about leg: Nothing sticks on my legs very well without streaking, but this did OK. I had to go back and give it a second spray. Very happy with $8 spray tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by bathory313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am currently drying as we speak. Or type. Or I type and you read.

Not expensive ($12.99 for the system at Sally's), awesome BROWN color (not orange!!!!), and fairly easy to apply. It blots a bit, but I just used a makeup sponge to even it out. It dries fast and looks natural on a base tan.

After using many self-tanners, I like this the best. Lotions and towelettes tend to turn orange on me. I tan lightly, but this stuff, even though it's dark, does NOT look unnatural.

Tip for getting the backs of your legs and butt: Put your back to a full-length mirror, bend over, and look between your legs to spray.

No stinkies, either! Yay! Will def repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by starladear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've got the package with two cartridges, and I know I am ultimately way too cheap to throw the other one out, like any sane person would do. I did like the idea of the "airbrush" dispenser, and I am hoping that with regard to the final result, next time it will be better. Next time--I can't believe I am saying that!!! In truth, I'm sure I will use the other one, if only because I do like the way that the color came out on my arms--AFTER THE GREEN WASHED OFF!!!! I mean, this isn't supposed to have a lime green guide color, is it?? The spray nozzle on mine did not work, and I had to hold down the back of the can to dispense. I used it in the shower, and in truth there was less mess probably even then when I use St. Tropez and apply it by hand. I just turned the shower on and rinsed the GREEN away. If someone else knows that this is supposed to be green, please correct me, but I searched the instructions and could find no such warning. Maybe it is because I am inexperienced with the airbrush (I'm pretty good at self-tanning in general), but here were the final color results for me: my arms are perfect--natural, not orange; comparable to St. Tropez, actually (which is what I normally use). My hands are fine. I applied lotion to my hands, feet, fingers, toes, elbows, knees, and cuticles, and my hands and elbows look natural. With regard to my legs, however, the product was very streaky and ultimately does not seem to have "stuck" very well--it just sank into my pores, and when I took a shower the next day, it just washed off white--not nicely tanned like my arms. My left foot is so horrible that three days later I still cannot wear sandals, despite the precautions I took. My face, like my legs, did not take the color--this has never happened before. But the worst: as I mentioned before, it came out lime green!!! I mean, my whole body, green! It was disgusting! When I use St. Tropez, in a pinch, and if I am careful enough, I can go out right after--the guide color of St. Tropez can be messy, but in and of itself is a nice bronzey color. Thank God I did not use this before I had to go out somewhere. And thank God it is summer and I am not teaching! I did a google search and found some reviews on other sites that showed up where people DID have to go out somewhere and didn't REALIZE that this had turned them green; I think one was a high school senior who used this before their school pictures, poor sod. I was surprised, then, that no one mentioned this on this site, which makes me wonder if, for some reason, this is supposed to happen. Surely not, though, right? With regard to the final color result, I know that some evening I am going to be bored and I'm going to try the other cartridge, knowing that I'll be green until I shower again, but I can't help but wonder if I didn't shake the canister well enough, mis-applied on to my face and legs, etc. In such a case, I will update.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jenlan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For a 10 dollar spray tan, I really liked the results. Did it in my stand up shower and then just hosed the shower down when I was done. No streaking or blotching and no gross self tanner smell. Not too dark but a bit of colour which is nice for the start of the summer.
Follow the directions and it is very easy to use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

This product was awful for me. I love getting airbrushed at a salon but it's expensive so i thought this might be a more economical solution. I had my sister apply this to my legs as a test, and I am so glad I tried it before spraying my whole body! This was awful for me. Smelled awful, the application was streaky and the color was the most unatural orange you can imagine. I had horrible, blotchy skin and looked like I had a skin disease. I guess I got what I paid for in this situation. Went right in the trash. To be fair I am very pale, so perhaps if you already had a base tan and you just wanted to deepen your color this might work.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by oh_anna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

worst self tanner on the market. i was SO angry after usin' this stuff it turned out horrible and i'm a self tanner pro.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My all-time favorite of self-tanners...still trying to locate it again as Wal-Mart and Target do not carry it anymore. It gives me the dark and natural color I love, and it is fairly cheap (about six bucks for the refills). The PP was right when she said the perfect color only lasts a couple days, but I learned to touch up every other day and that made my 'tan' look just amazing. It CAN streak and splotch when putting it on, so you have to apply it according to the directions...and yes, it is beyond messy! Be prepared to do some massive clean up afterwards. But I have yet to find a ST that provides such gorgeous results so I would gladly put up with almost anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by keco52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only self tanner I'm confident enough to use. If you follow the directions exactly it works perfect. It's not orang-y or streaky. I use it by myself. The only suggestions I could make are...using it outside or on a towel is a plus....it comes out of the gun in a mist and it will get on anything around it. I made the mistake of spraying myself in the bathroom and it was all over the floor...on the other hand it's very easy to wipe up.

It lasts about a week...it made my legs feel very smooth. You can find it at Walgreens or Sallys. They even have it in the winter but they keep it in the back...so you have to ask for it. If they're nice enough they'll get it for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2007 5:26:00 AM More reviews by TheChickmunk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought 4 of these because they were at THE DOLLAR STORE!! They WERE $20.00 at Walmart. Glad to see a couple of decent reviews, because I thought if this stuff ended up at the Dollar Store, it must be crap. I'll try it and update, when I have the time to sit around waiting for it to dry. Unfortunately, I have 6 dogs and a cat that like to lick lotion off of my legs after I put it on, so I'll have to hide somewhere whilst it's drying!